I'm trying to find a specific iphone case for my mother-in-law (she JUMPED headfirst into the 21st century! LOL).

I know the website Skinit.com: Phone Skins, Laptop Skins, iPod Skins, Gaming Skins: Personalization on Demand lets you get custom skins for your phones - like with pictures and such, not just a basic design. My question is, is there a place that does that with hard cases? My mother-in-law would LOVE a skin with a picture of my kids on it, but she wants more than just a skin -she wants a hard case in case she drops the phone - which is totally understandable, I'd be the same way. But unless I"m missing something, a skinit wouldn't fit a hard case, even one that's supposed to fit the iphone "like a skin" right? It would still be, however slightly, too small. So I was just wondering if there was a website/company that anyone knew of that could custom create a hard case with a picture on it? If not, let me know, and I'll start one up - maybe that's how I'll make my millions! LOL
    07-15-09 09:18 AM
    The first thing I thought of would be to buy a hard case and then take it somewhere to get it air brushed with whatever picture you want on it. This way it's just paint.
    07-15-09 10:32 AM
    That's a great idea, but I couldn't really airbrush a picture of my kids, could I? I want it to look like a photograph.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 10:36 AM
    what about this site? didnt go too far in but they do customizing

Vaja Leather Products

nevermind, very expensive. left the link incase your curious though
    07-15-09 11:02 AM
    I've seen some pretty awesome things done with air brush. I'm sure an expert artist/airbrusher would be able to get really close to photo quality.
    07-15-09 12:04 PM
    You might be able to call Colorware and see what they can do. They can brand a case with a corporate logo so maybe they would do a photo too. It would be really expensive. You're best just dealing with the vinyl SkinIt cover being a tad too small.
    07-15-09 01:18 PM
    what about this site? didnt go too far in but they do customizing

Vaja Leather Products

nevermind, very expensive. left the link incase your curious though
    These products are like $200 dollars. NO WAY!
    07-15-09 01:23 PM
    These products are like $200 dollars. NO WAY!
    Not true... You can get this Ivolution VAJA for a Storm and have it customized for $105 plus shipping.
    07-15-09 04:09 PM
    Another great website to check out would be iskin.com its a silicone HARD case that bens a little to fit on the phone. it comes in different colors, and patterns, so if she doesnt like the look of just the case you can purchase a skin from skinit.com and apply over the case. kinda a backwards way to do it, but more than likely your cheapest avenue. iskin cases are around 30 dollors adn the skinit is about 20. if this is really what she wants or needs thats probably your best bet. Good luck!!
    07-15-09 04:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD