I`m through Rogers here in Canada, and after a week of ownership, the ringer one/off button broke off. I treat it like my baby, so I was shocked. I did not jailbreak it, only have app store apps and it is updated to the latest software. It has frozen during music playback countless times, and you have to do a hard reset on it, and now it only sends text messages to half my friends, and the other half it says "error sending message".

The really cute Rogers rep gave me a number to call, but said I should probably wait till Monday. What are the odds they will replace it for me? She mentioned a 1 year replacement warranty on it, but I'm wondering if their customer service will really be that good. Also, how long will i be without a phone assuming they do replace it? I need to have a phone for work and college.

Alex,
    02-21-09 02:16 PM
    I am suspecting that you shouldnt have any problems getting it replaced- after all, you said you've only had it for a week. Considering today is only Saturday, why do you have to wait til Monday to call?
    02-21-09 02:49 PM
    I've had it for 2 months, but the ringer broke after about a week-4 days if I recall correctly.

I could deal with that, as it can still be flicked with a fingernail, but I can't have it locking up or not sending messages all the time.

Ol Jason sounds like i woke him up from a nap. We've gone through "are you sure you hit the send button?" to resetting the phone, to now completely resetting it. Nothing has worked. Not looking like they give a damn though. We shall see. Mind you it's through Rogers, not Apple...their service is probably better. I'm already disgusted with Rogers service. Their website is slow to do anything, and poorly laid out. If I get it fixed, I'm going to try to transfer the contract, maybe someoen wants a free phone. If that works out, I'm going to pick up a Storm, like I planned on in the first place.
    02-21-09 02:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD