I tried to sell my first-generation Apple iPhone 8GB on eBay TWICE and both times I almost got scammed. I offer shipping to all countries and once a guy posing from England won it but he's from Nigeria. Next, a guy used the Buy It Now button and was posing to be from Poland when he was from Nigeria, also. What can I do so that this doesn't happen again???? I reported it to eBay.

P.S. Let me know if you're interested in it. It comes with a premium leather case.
    03-27-09 06:15 PM
    Here's what I look for when selling:

1. Buyers must have 10+ positive feedback on their profile.

2. Buyer must have confirmed paypal address.
    03-27-09 06:32 PM
    Yeah, but some honest people that want to buy it might not have 10+ feedback. Also, how do I make it so that my listing only accepts confirmed addresses?
    03-27-09 06:35 PM
    how much you selling it for?
    03-27-09 08:58 PM
    $290

Comes with the latest software, 8GB of memory, charger, USB cable, premium leather holster, original box and manuals, cleaning cloth, earbuds.
    03-27-09 09:02 PM
    Instead of trying to sell it here perhaps you will have better luck selling it here in the Marketplace...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f14/
    03-27-09 09:04 PM
    Yea that's not a bad price plus ebay takes such a big cut of the money. Some places I would try would be crackberry, blackberry forums, howard forums, mac forums, and craigslist. If its in good shape it will sell fast. If you do put it up on ebay again just limit it to US buyers and make sure that if someone chooses buy it now that they have to pay immediately.
    03-27-09 09:12 PM
    Watch out for craigslist, I'm trying to sell a PS3 on there and all I get is scammers, I've had it listed for a week, and been contacted at least 10 time by people wanting me to ship out of country paying with paypal, with the usual scammer story, "I'm in europe please ship to client in west africa, I will pay you 100 more than listed". Apparently alot of "hacked" paypal accounts are being used.

I told one it would cost him $60,000 to ship it to west Africa, he said he would pay me $70,000 then I think he realized I was messing with him and he quit responding.

Its really sad that you have to worry about such things...
    03-27-09 10:06 PM
    Watch out for craigslist, I'm trying to sell a PS3 on there and all I get is scammers, I've had it listed for a week, and been contacted at least 10 time by people wanting me to ship out of country paying with paypal, with the usual scammer story, "I'm in europe please ship to client in west africa, I will pay you 100 more than listed". Apparently alot of "hacked" paypal accounts are being used.

I told one it would cost him $60,000 to ship it to west Africa, he said he would pay me $70,000 then I think he realized I was messing with him and he quit responding.

Its really sad that you have to worry about such things...
    I would have sold it for $70,000...i mean hey if they relly believed it would cpst $60,000 to ship.....
    03-27-09 11:24 PM
    I would have sold it for $70,000...i mean hey if they relly believed it would cpst $60,000 to ship.....
    Problem is He was most likely using a hacked paypal account, he may have been able to send the money, but as soon as the real account holder realized what happened the charges would be reversed and I would be out of the money and my PS3.
    03-28-09 08:32 AM
    Problem is He was most likely using a hacked paypal account, he may have been able to send the money, but as soon as the real account holder realized what happened the charges would be reversed and I would be out of the money and my PS3.
    That's true. I never thought about that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 08:51 AM
    $290?

I'd buy it off you.
    03-28-09 12:16 PM
    Can you send me the $290 via PayPal? I have the iPhone on ebay bit I can remove it if pure serious about buying it. It as one debt in the left side next to the silencer button and two very minor scratches on the screen; barely noticeable. It comes with earbuds, leather holster, charger with dock, USB cable, and the latest firmware. Message me if you really want it and how you can pay me.
    03-28-09 12:26 PM
    I meant to say dent on the left side. It also comes with polishing cloth and the original box and manuals. Let me know if this interests you.
    03-28-09 02:08 PM
    Do U.S. only. Heck, do Craigslist, local pick up!
    03-29-09 10:23 AM
    Did you know ebay owns 30% of craigs list and is trying to buy more?
    03-29-09 06:07 PM
    Did you know ebay owns 30% of craigs list and is trying to buy more?
    Everyone wants more. eBay probably wants to charge.
    03-29-09 06:29 PM
    its a ridiculous scam. Just say they must have a confirmed address, ad ship to USA only!
    yuo will deff get a bite for your price!
    03-29-09 09:11 PM
    I like Craigslist. I sold my Bowflex last month and someone down the street came by after having it up only 4 days. He paid cash and we were both happy.

Btw, I have a 2g iPhone I would also like to sell for $70,000, but I will take $60,000 for US buyers.
    04-03-09 12:11 PM
    craigslist ... fast, quick, and easy ... no ebay fees, no paypal fees, no going to the post office, no finding a box, no having to deal with buyer remorse, seller dishonesty, and paypal bull**** arbitration.
    04-03-09 12:22 PM
    I like Craigslist. I sold my Bowflex last month and someone down the street came by after having it up only 4 days. He paid cash and we were both happy.

Btw, I have a 2g iPhone I would also like to sell for $70,000, but I will take $60,000 for US buyers.
    Is that $60,000 including shipping or not? Also what condition is the phone in?
    04-03-09 12:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD