There was a droid sitting on my desk-- it was an Acer Liquid E. I grabbed it for the day. I've never used a droid before.
    Nice looking phone and all. As a LONG time BB user and a recent iphone fan (ip4), I can definately say that the droid has its own unique feel and way about it.
    This isn't a trashing, cause I can respect almost any phone from any manufacturer, even if it isn't for me. So flamers save your flames please.
    That being said-- i was very uncomfortable in that phone.
    I just picked up my ip4 to do my nightly crackberry reading and I appreciate it ten fold. I've never met an OS that could do so much yet remain so simple, I could explain it to an eighty year old.... And they'd get it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-10 10:11 PM
    I have flirted with an Evo, Incredible, and a Droid 2. I really can't explain how after a
    week or so of use with those phones that it made me appreciate my iPhone 4 as
    well. Android is one helluva OS and have really awesome phones. But the ease of
    use with my iPhone is the best for me. Even using the browser seemed simpler on
    my iPhone than it did on those other phones.
    09-29-10 01:06 PM
    agreed. 100%

09-29-10 09:27 PM
    Same here I tried out the EVO for a week and went back and bought an iphone 4, what was I thinking. Android is nice but I luv the fact the the Iphone just works.
    09-29-10 11:15 PM
    Lol. You guys sound like BB owners. But I do get what you are saying. I used to have an iPhone and I liked it a lot. It has one of the most efficient operating systems around and its getting better and more capable all the time. One oif the biggest differences I have seen with the iPhone compared to a lot of the Android devices is the build quality. The iPhone 4's build is amazing compared to the other devices I have used. It truly feels great in the hand and is enjoyable to look at. Apple makes the best hardware hands down.

09-30-10 03:19 AM
    So true bro. I went and played with the Evo and Droid.... There solid phones but they feel......... cheap IMO.
    Also The UI is not something i enjoyed...i get a feeling all those phone are rushed out of production

Lol. You guys sound like BB owners. But I do get what you are saying. I used to have an iPhone and I liked it a lot. It has one of the most efficient operating systems around and its getting better and more capable all the time. One oif the biggest differences I have seen with the iPhone compared to a lot of the Android devices is the build quality. The iPhone 4's build is amazing compared to the other devices I have used. It truly feels great in the hand and is enjoyable to look at. Apple makes the best hardware hands down.

09-30-10 10:13 AM
    So true bro. I went and played with the Evo and Droid.... There solid phones but they feel......... cheap IMO.
    Also The UI is not something i enjoyed...i get a feeling all those phone are rushed out of production
    My thought exactly reminds me of the feeling I had about Blackberrys trying to please so many carriers with so many different models
    09-30-10 07:39 PM
    Don't get me wrong, there are some high quality Android devices, they just don't seem to be built as well as the iPhone. BBs are solidly built as well. My 9000 is rock solid. But again, nothing I have experienced is as well put together as an iPhone.

09-30-10 07:50 PM
    I went with a friend, to purchase the Droid X (he's with Verizon). It's a great (but BIG) phone. However, when I saw all the issues with syncing music and just the lack of intuitiveness, I appreciated my iPhone 4 even more.

Apple devices are so polished...just tight. Folks complain about how "closed" they are, but I'm not trying to rule the world. I just wanna be able to communicate with the outside world, have access to multimedia (not having a flash browser is no reason for a global meltdown), be productive at work/home, and enjoy it all.

When I left the Apple Store with my iPhone 4, on July 2nd, I hit the floor runnin'. Didn't have to read a bunch of stuff to figure out what to do. It just...worked.
    10-06-10 12:36 PM
    Great points, tlynn. After leaving Blackberry, where I felt really knowledgeable about a somewhat complicated OS, the iPhone was perfect and very very easy to learn.

I also like the comment "hit the floor runnin'", because that's exactly my experience thus far.
    10-06-10 12:59 PM
    Great points, tlynn. After leaving Blackberry, where I felt really knowledgeable about a somewhat complicated OS, the iPhone was perfect and very very easy to learn.

I also like the comment "hit the floor runnin'", because that's exactly my experience thus far.
    Yep...that's how it goes. I've got MobileMe too, and I'm just as happy as can be. When Calvetica comes out with their latest update? Heaven on earth. Please believe me.

10-06-10 01:15 PM
    MobileMe is a wonderful tool as well, and well worth the money.
    10-06-10 03:16 PM
    @GolfnCPA and TLyn what makes mobileMe so great? I been reading up on it and what are the features you guys like the most?
    10-06-10 03:44 PM
    I enjoy the benefits of Exchange for my personal email and contacts without paying for an Exchange server. Ability to add contacts and calendar appointments on my device or on my computer and have it immediately update. Also enjoy the storage space which allows me to access photos and documents from my phone or computer. Very much enhances the experience.

This is also coming from a guy that used to plug his BB in every day to sync, so the cloud operations are like NASA to me.

Think of Mobile Me in the same way as BES, but you get iDisk and storage space.
    10-06-10 04:47 PM
    There was a droid sitting on my desk-- it was an Acer Liquid E. I grabbed it for the day. I've never used a droid before.
    Nice looking phone and all. As a LONG time BB user and a recent iphone fan (ip4), I can definately say that the droid has its own unique feel and way about it.
    This isn't a trashing, cause I can respect almost any phone from any manufacturer, even if it isn't for me. So flamers save your flames please.
    That being said-- i was very uncomfortable in that phone.
    I just picked up my ip4 to do my nightly crackberry reading and I appreciate it ten fold. I've never met an OS that could do so much yet remain so simple, I could explain it to an eighty year old.... And they'd get it!

You are right about that with regard to an 80 year old, it is quite a simple platform to understand.
    10-07-10 12:24 PM
    @GolfnCPA and TLyn what makes mobileMe so great? I been reading up on it and what are the features you guys like the most?
    The syncing is incredible and fast. It's flawless. I almost didn't get it. I left the store with my new phone, and within 15 minutes I was back and decided to purchase for $30 off the regular price. Can't see not having it.

I also love iDisk and Find My Phone.

10-07-10 03:27 PM
    I enjoy the benefits of Exchange for my personal email and contacts without paying for an Exchange server. Ability to add contacts and calendar appointments on my device or on my computer and have it immediately update. Also enjoy the storage space which allows me to access photos and documents from my phone or computer. Very much enhances the experience.

This is also coming from a guy that used to plug his BB in every day to sync, so the cloud operations are like NASA to me.

Think of Mobile Me in the same way as BES, but you get iDisk and storage space.
    I love MobileMe, 20 gb idisk (which I use for college), instant ota contact, calendar and email sync with mac AND pc, remote wipe, remote lock, GPS accurate find your phone from anywhere in the world. Awesome gallery feature, everything is syced perfectly even with outlook, calendar and pc but it is a must have is you have a mac.

There have been a couple times where I've had my iPhones replaced (since 2G) and all I have to do with my new phone is log in and bam, everything is there... contacts, email, calendar.. everything.

I have also played with an Incredible and just was not impressed whatsoever, reminded me so much of windows. The OS seemed so inefficient, so many steps that iOS 4 does in one. The phone felt cheap to, but that's not Google that's HTC. The biggest difference when coming from an i4 is the retina display, when you use another phone it seems like going from a PS3 to Atari 2600, yikes.
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 10-07-10 at 09:44 PM.
    10-07-10 09:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD