Hey all I'm a new iPhone owner as of today. I switched from the BB Storm to the iPhone 3GS but during the switch the AT&T rep said he didn't have any way to transfer my contacts from my storm to my new iphone. How do I transfer them to my new phone without having to enter them one at a time? Thanks for any suggestions.
    07-20-09 04:52 PM
    Okay so this is what you do.. Make a Yahoo email account if you don't have one already. Plug your Blackberry into your computer and hook it up to the Desktop Manager. In BB desktop manager hit sync, under the configuration, (left side), click synchronization, window to right changes, click on that synchronization BOX, let it read your BB, then click what u want to sync. Click address book. Let it finish up and be prepared to enter your yahoo email P/W and login.

Once it is finished unplug your BB and plug in your iPhone. When the iPhone comes up in iTunes click on it. Go to the top tab and click on Info. Look down a little and you will see contacts. Check Sync Contacts and in the scroll down menu choose Yahoo mail and be prepared to enter your info and you should be good to go!
    07-20-09 05:02 PM
    I will give that a shot, thanks for the speedy reply.
    07-20-09 05:15 PM
    I tried that and for some reason it didn't add any contacts to the iphone. I did notice however that after doing the sync with the storm and bb desktop manager, I did not get a prompt for my yahoo email and password. Any ideas what I did wrong? Thanks.
    07-20-09 05:38 PM
    Dawg sorry for such the late response but I'm pretty sure I know what's wrong. make sure wheN you sync your bb that you go into the configuration for synchronization and setup the email account. I did that same thing when I was transferring contacts for a friend. If anymore problems post back here and I'll try to help you asap
    07-20-09 06:44 PM
    If you have Outlook, you can sync right on your PC.
    07-20-09 07:53 PM
    Ok so I'm going into sync under configurations and I see where it says I can sync to yahoo but I never get a prompt to enter an email address or password. Can I take my usb cable for the storm to the AT&T store and have them export the contacts to the iphone? Sorry for being such a pain in the arse.
    07-20-09 08:16 PM
    the storm allows you to save contacts to the sim card just save them to the sim card and then upload them from the sim to your iphone. its how i did it
    07-20-09 08:51 PM
    are you using a mac or pc??

if mac just sync the storm using pocketmac to the address book.

if pc then you can use google mail or yahoo mail to import your contacts then export to iphone then once on there just sync with itunes and it will be backed up
    07-20-09 10:16 PM
    Hey all I'm a new iPhone owner as of today. I switched from the BB Storm to the iPhone 3GS but during the switch the AT&T rep said he didn't have any way to transfer my contacts from my storm to my new iphone. How do I transfer them to my new phone without having to enter them one at a time? Thanks for any suggestions.
    The rep might not have the required tools/know-how...i did the switch and the ATT store rep transferred all the contacts for me...

You can use google sync if you have synced' your contacts from storm already to your google account

or just drop by at another att store and ask them to do it for you...
    07-21-09 11:39 AM
    The AT&T store rep said he didn't have a micro usb connector to fit the storm. But anyway,I have them all transferred over now. Thanks to all who answered my call for assistance.
    07-21-09 12:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD