Need some advice to help make my decision.... I currently have the Curve 8330 with Verizon. I really don't have any complaints, but I'm up for new every two.. Considering the Tour, Storm 2 or future RIM product... or going to the iphone. Any input and information would be a great help. I really like the iphone, my only real concern is the AT&T service. I really like the BlackBerry to. I always travel with work, so service is a concern. Thanks
    10-02-09 08:04 PM
    i got the TOUR its a great phone but I would love the storm if it worked smoothly.....wait and see if storm 2 is good but if u dont like it get the tour its really good and for the iphone i havent played around with it but i know a couple people who love theirs.
    10-02-09 08:12 PM
    I'd go Storm 2 if your already on Verizon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-09 08:13 PM
    The iPhone is the way to go, but AT&T in too many areas is not.

So you'd get a cool phone that could cause you a lot of grief.

Open your horizons a bit more & watch the VZW site come Tuesday.
    10-02-09 08:40 PM
    I love my Tour, I'd never get a Storm 1,2,3 or 100... Too many bad experiences with that line. BUT I'm thinking of dumping my Blackberry for the upcoming HTC Imagio coming out next week on VZW. The first VZW PDA with FLO-TV. This things CRAMMED with features. TV, TouchFlo, VCast on Demand, Youtube, Facebook, Office Mobile, and its about the same size as an Iphone with a full touch screen. If it had a keyboard it would be my dream phone come true.
    10-02-09 08:40 PM
    Enough posts asking if the OP should get a Storm 2!! It hasn't even been announced!!

10-02-09 09:01 PM
    Honestly, as much as I like Blackberries, I do wish people would quit acting like the iPhone is the only PDA other than the Storm or Tour in existance.

There's lots and lots of very nice Windows Mobile PDAs out there. Give them some love and consideration. And I'm sure some sort of Android and/or new Palm gizmos will make their way over eventually as well.
    10-02-09 09:22 PM
    Twins....

Your killing me here~!

Monday Night on the Vzw Site?? My new every 2 is up on wednesday....Hmmmm Storm 2 maybe????
    10-02-09 09:28 PM
    What makes you want the iPhone? Well, you can get the Tour, the trackball is a pain in the rear though. The Storm 2....not even out so if you wanna buy it, you do that. The Touch Pro 2 is good, there's a reason its sold out. And are you the type that will call in and say "I'm gonna leave and get the iPhone if you don't give me free stuff...." if not great.
    10-02-09 10:48 PM
    Twins....

Your killing me here~!

Monday Night on the Vzw Site?? My new every 2 is up on wednesday....Hmmmm Storm 2 maybe????
    I don't think BB has the balls to jump into that day. They would not stand a chance with all the winmo hoopla and promos. I think this is the beginning of the end for BB. My Touchpro 2 is 10 times the phone my BB was. Everything is easier and better.
    10-03-09 12:53 AM
    End of BB...right. Granted I have heard touchpro2 is a great phone I still would not give up my Tour for it. OP, if you want to wait you can, now do remember of the restock fee, and if you are even a VIP customer that program is no longer being offered and will eventually go away completely and some stores are not honorin the waiving of the restock fee. If I were you i'd wait till mid november when the holiday season is hot, make a list of the phones YOU want and go to the store and play with them and pick what you think is best. Now, as for the iphone, it is a great device "they have the apps for that" BUT your service will be subpar compared to VZW considering you do travel often. That choice is entirely yours! Keep us posted on what you decide!
    10-03-09 07:48 AM
    Hands down the Iphone is the best all around phone out there. At&t's only problem is there 3G is limited and service is scattered. I started out with the Curve then went to the Storm and left Verizon to get the Iphone. It was great when I traveled to major cities and had perfect service. But when I would get home if I did not have wifi the connection speed sucked! Finally left to go back to Verizon to get the Tour. Got the trackball issue fixed and the only thing I wish it had was wifi. The 1st storm had lots lots of Problems but I hear that the Storm 2 will be much better. Guess we will just have to wait and see.
    10-03-09 07:58 AM
    OP just wait like someone said until november. Supposedly the Storm 2 is soon to come out, but details are scarce.

The iPhone is great but as many said AT&T just plain sucks. And the average iPhone has a dropped call rate of 30% and is found normal for both Apple and AT&T. Gizmodo itself, which are Apple fanboys posted about it

10-03-09 08:29 AM
    It is definitely not the end for Blackberry. Maybe somewhat of an end for the market they have been catering to, but the business and government world running enterprise and such it's here to stay. Besides, not everyone requires an IPhone or WiMo touch screen phone.

The TP2 is nice and so will the Imagio be I'm sure. However it is all about what fits your lifestyle.

I would also wait until around November to see what's out there.

10-03-09 09:04 AM
    Wait untill you play with each one and like everyone is saying whatev fits you get that.
    10-03-09 09:56 AM
    iPhone if you have good 3G coverage in your area, and where you go. Check att coverage map.

AT&T Coverage Viewer

Try it out for 30 days, doesn't hurt.
    10-03-09 01:07 PM
    Honestly, as much as I like Blackberries, I do wish people would quit acting like the iPhone is the only PDA other than the Storm or Tour in existance.

There's lots and lots of very nice Windows Mobile PDAs out there. Give them some love and consideration. And I'm sure some sort of Android and/or new Palm gizmos will make their way over eventually as well.
    Honestly, this is how I feel.

Also, it is the reason, that while dd and twins make valid points about bb being a dying breed, it is not reality.....yet.

The thing is people are so enamored with the iphone, and believing a bb has the same capabilities, or are ahead of the game, they become short sighted in what they want.

Android, and Windows have great systems, and no one cares because they dont have the name recognition of BB,or the cult(now mainstream) following of Apple.

This question can be answered simply....you should know which one works best, and if you dont...then you havent done enough research to warrant making a commitment.
    10-03-09 01:24 PM
    Also, it is the reason, that while dd and twins make valid points about bb being a dying breed, it is not reality.....yet.
    Best selling BlackBerry ever: Curve 83XX series

Best selling VZW BlackBerry in its first 7 days: Storm

No other BlackBerry has come close. Writing is on the wall.

This question can be answered simply....you should know which one works best, and if you dont...then you havent done enough research to warrant making a commitment.
    Exactly - and to throw a blanket statement that BlackBerry or iPhone is the best, no matter what, is evidence that research hasn't been done.

The vast majority of iPhone & BlackBerry users never had a smartphone before the iPhone came out & most of those have used just one platform - the one they claim is best.

And folks - don't forget - being "best" at one thing is not only a subjective assessment, it is also not an indicator of being "best" overall.

10-03-09 02:06 PM
    The Tour is awesome, Storm 2 maybe but we won't really know until it comes out, and the iphone isn't a blackberry soooo why would you wanna leave rim for that
    10-03-09 02:08 PM
    The Tour is awesome, Storm 2 maybe but we won't really know until it comes out, and the iphone isn't a blackberry soooo why would you wanna leave rim for that
    Because people are losing faith in a company that has been putting out phones that have obvious flaws.

I'm on my 2nd Tour and of course trackball issue still exists. How do you just screw up the first batch of phones? Stuff like that isn't supposed to happen. The Storm had TERRIBLE software when first shipped. Maybe that was VZW pressuring RIM to get the phone out? But if you're a worldwide company like RIM you should care about your own image and not the bottom line.

RIM of course is not going anywhere, but I think on my next phone it definitely won't be a Blackberry.
    10-03-09 02:17 PM
    When tsguy52 has given up on RIM, you know the end is near.

Or at least the end of the irrational BlackBerry worship phenomenon we've been seeing.
    10-03-09 02:24 PM
    White my tour is fine, the wfe just got her second activated and the third is on the way as the second trackball is worse than first. So much for the green dot theory.
    10-03-09 02:27 PM
    When tsguy52 has given up on RIM, you know the end is near.

Or at least the end of the irrational BlackBerry worship phenomenon we've been seeing.
    haha.. yeah the Blackberry followers are starting to see a way out! HTC is one bad *** company and starting to put out very high quality devices and making WiMo bearable. And Microsoft is finally updating WiMo to something a bit more user friendly so that's a plus. I don't want AT&T and the iPhone because EVERYONE has one.
    10-03-09 02:30 PM
    The main reason I still like BB is the email delivery is so easy. Winmo does have outlook, but with the SMTP blocks used by ISP's this makes it hard. Providers like gmail and yahoo is web based, but not my favorite way to go.
    10-03-09 02:52 PM
    Email delivery is a very nice plus, but I'm not THAT concerned about e-mail. Like I said in other posts: Blackberry is very ideal for business/government customers because of the e-mail and security you can get from BES services.
    10-03-09 02:59 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD