my cousin just came over and his iPhone screen stopped responding, i lol'd as I am not a fan boy, but could not figure it out myself.

I am putting my bias aside and asking for help with his iphone 3g.

all of the buttons on the side work, and the home button works, but the phone is locked and we can not unlock it.

Thanks in advance,
    Fubaz
    05-21-11 05:05 PM
    It sounds like it may have died. I hope you got insurance or whatever.
    05-22-11 08:55 PM
    Try restarting the device and if that doesnt work, do a restore. Last method would be bring it to an apple store to let them have a look.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-11 12:57 AM
    i have restarted it and loaded a new OS to it.

I dont have an apple store within near me, I also work 7 days a week. So that is not an option.

I might order a new digitizer and try to fix it. He has since went back to his BB 9000 and is much happier.
    05-23-11 09:34 AM
    i have restarted it and loaded a new OS to it.

I dont have an apple store within near me, I also work 7 days a week. So that is not an option.

I might order a new digitizer and try to fix it. He has since went back to his BB 9000 and is much happier.
    Don't buy a digitizer just yet. If I were him, I'd purchase Apple care (assuming it's an iPhone 4) and then send it off to Apple. They will either fix it or send him another. Well worth the 69 bucks.
    05-23-11 11:51 AM
    Try this hold the home and power button down until you see the apple logo and let go
    05-23-11 02:46 PM
    Don't buy a digitizer just yet. If I were him, I'd purchase Apple care (assuming it's an iPhone 4) and then send it off to Apple. They will either fix it or send him another. Well worth the 69 bucks.
    It is an iphone 3g, just like stated in the first post, and a digitizer is $12 and I am capable of repairing it.

Try this hold the home and power button down until you see the apple logo and let go
    I have done the reset, and the screen still wont respond.
    05-23-11 05:58 PM
    It is an iphone 3g, just like stated in the first post, and a digitizer is $12 and I am capable of repairing it.
    My bad. Not sure why I missed that. Not sure how long he had his phone but nowadays that's typical with a device model that's near 3 years old. Hopefully it all works out.
    05-24-11 09:34 AM
    My bad. Not sure why I missed that. Not sure how long he had his phone but nowadays that's typical with a device model that's near 3 years old. Hopefully it all works out.
    Its all good, I took it apart, and it was pretty simple, now awaiting the digitizer, and it should be here by friday.

I'll let everyone know if it works out.
    05-24-11 12:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD