I waited for this device to be announced so that I could decide whether or not to stay with BlackBerry or move on to another platform. After seeing RIM's lack of innovation on the torch I will be leaving BlackBerry. Oh how I wish RIM had just updated my Bold 9000 (The ONLY true Bold). The BB Magnum/Dakota would have been nice to see also. I'm guessing the Torch is what the Magnum/Dakota turned into. The 624MHZ processor in the Torch makes me sincerely think RIM has no clue as to what its consumers want. The screen is the same old resolution as many past devices. I applaud them for trying but I have waited and defended BlackBerry for far too long. Best wishes with future RIM devices. I hope to be back some day.

P.S.- Why are CrackBerry users always getting so angry and defensive? My guess would be because you all are forced to defend a once great platform constantly. Loosen up angry CrackBerriers...
    Last edited by jblack023; 08-05-10 at 06:36 AM.
    08-04-10 01:15 AM
    agreed 100%, iphones r sick, the screen is ridiculous
    08-04-10 01:41 AM
    I am also considering jumping ship but honestly, if you are going to leave then leave. Why start another BS blackberry bashing thread. Goodbye. I hope you find the device that makes you happy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-10 01:43 AM
    I'm swimming towards this boat also.
    08-04-10 01:44 AM
    I certainly understand your frustration, but it took you until today to realize that the 9800 wasn't going to "wow" anyone? We knew months ago that it had the same LCD as the Storm series, we knew it was only going to have 512 MB of RAM, we knew it was going to be launched on AT&T, and we knew that it would have OS6. I think the only thing we didn't know was what processor it would have. ANd let's be honest, did anyone REALLY think RIM was going to put a 1+ GHz processor in? LOL!!! It's a nice phone, it's just not a class leader.
    08-04-10 02:00 AM
    OP, you won't be sorry. I never thought I'd be happy with anything other than a BlackBerry. I was wrong. I'm still hanging on to my 9700, for now, as it is an amazing phone. Both RIM and Apple do what they do well and I look forward to switching back and forth between the two of them as my "wants" change. They both meet and exceed my "needs".
    08-04-10 08:16 AM
    I'm getting the iPhone 4 but I don't think I'll be saying goodbye to my 9700 as of yet. I am surely hoping RIM will have success with the Torch so we can see more innovation (no matter how dwarfed these innovations are compared to Apple and Android) in evolving their devices. I don't want RIM to step back yet. I want them to fight this out and stay in the game even if they're slowly losing their lead.

I'm hoping unlocked prices of the torch will stay competitive for their global market. They are currently doing quite well in Asia and I hope the Torch will succeed globally. Other nations just don't care for iPhones and Androids because of the prices of those phones there. We're talking common people who don't use App Stores and are happy with devices' native features straight from the box.
    Last edited by seyoon; 08-04-10 at 08:29 AM.
    08-04-10 08:22 AM
    I got my Ip4 2 days ago. I still have my 97 since i have 2 numbers i use both phones .... But i made the ip4 my main phone so i could give it a fair shot before i decide what device i will keep as my main phone and what will be on my second line (that i almost never use)
    I really like the Iphone 4..... to be honest the screen is AMAZING. Looking at any other device now just gives them a "old" feel lol.
    So far im really like the ip4 but don't want to give up my 97...Also now that it's going to get OS6 it will be interesting to se.
    08-04-10 09:15 AM
    OP, you won't be sorry. I never thought I'd be happy with anything other than a BlackBerry. I was wrong. I'm still hanging on to my 9700, for now, as it is an amazing phone. Both RIM and Apple do what they do well and I look forward to switching back and forth between the two of them as my "wants" change. They both meet and exceed my "needs".
    All of this.

When I visited my AT&T store (near my job), my rep was surprised I was planning a switch to Apple. He mentioned the 9800, and after looking at it online and reading up in the specs, it wasn't enough to sway me. I would go back to my 9700, before getting the 9800.

The iPhone 4 is a fantastic device, no question. The "phone" part works fine for me, and I love the speed, the online experience (even without "flash") and the great screen resolution, which is great since my eyes are not as sharp.

Best wishes, OP
    08-04-10 09:59 AM
    This is the beauty of GSM. Being able to switch between devices as we please
    when we feel like using one phone over another. I love that an iPhone can work
    exactly the same while on a BB data plan.
    08-04-10 01:37 PM
    are you using a BB plan on the Iphone?? iOS4 Iphone 4 right? They told me i needed to cancel my BB plan and add the Iphone plan

This is the beauty of GSM. Being able to switch between devices as we please
    when we feel like using one phone over another. I love that an iPhone can work
    exactly the same while on a BB data plan.
    08-04-10 01:42 PM
    are you using a BB plan on the Iphone?? iOS4 Iphone 4 right? They told me i needed to cancel my BB plan and add the Iphone plan
    Well right now I'm on an iPhone plan. Not using my 9700 at all. You can always
    switch back to a BB data plan. Just unlock the APN on the iPhone while on WiFi.
    You'll see the sticky at the top of this forum.
    08-04-10 01:47 PM
    I waited for this device to be announced so that I could decide whether or not to stay with BlackBerry or move on to another platform. After seeing RIM's lack of innovation on the torch I will be leaving BlackBerry. Oh how I wish RIM had just updated my Bold 9000 (The ONLY true Bold). The BB Magnum/Dakota would have been nice to see also. I'm guessing the Torch is what the Magnum/Dakota turned into. The 624MHZ processor in the Torch makes me sincerely think RIM has no clue as to what its consumers want. The screen is the same old resolution as many past devices. I applaud them for trying but I have waited and defended BlackBerry for far too long. This is my goodbye note to BlackBerry loyalists. Best wishes with future RIM devices. I hope to be back some day.
    You are making a goodbye thread to BB loyalists in the iPhone forum? Enjoy the iPhone. It is a good device.
    08-04-10 02:09 PM
    Ok cool thanks for the iphone... i would love the BB for when travelling... uses much less data

Well right now I'm on an iPhone plan. Not using my 9700 at all. You can always
    switch back to a BB data plan. Just unlock the APN on the iPhone while on WiFi.
    You'll see the sticky at the top of this forum.
    08-04-10 03:15 PM
    cant wait for the torch to come out

gonna make it nice and cheap for me to buy a 9700 for an extra line
    08-04-10 03:25 PM
    Decided to jump the boat a few months ago.
    Already planning to get the iphone4 (regardless of what **** on the media).
    08-04-10 03:26 PM
    I am also considering jumping ship but honestly, if you are going to leave then leave. Why start another BS blackberry bashing thread. Goodbye. I hope you find the device that makes you happy.

Angry much? Relax... Maybe you need a new device considering your attitude.

08-05-10 06:37 AM
    You are making a goodbye thread to BB loyalists in the iPhone forum? Enjoy the iPhone. It is a good device.
    If I hadn't made put this post in the iPhone thread people would get angry and bent out of shape, complaining "not another RIM bashing thread... blah blah blah."

08-05-10 06:41 AM
    I find it dissapointing that they still used a 2 year old screen and other outdated tech for their flagship phone.
    08-05-10 09:42 AM
    I waited for this device to be announced so that I could decide whether or not to stay with BlackBerry or move on to another platform. After seeing RIM's lack of innovation on the torch I will be leaving BlackBerry. Oh how I wish RIM had just updated my Bold 9000 (The ONLY true Bold). The BB Magnum/Dakota would have been nice to see also. I'm guessing the Torch is what the Magnum/Dakota turned into. The 624MHZ processor in the Torch makes me sincerely think RIM has no clue as to what its consumers want. The screen is the same old resolution as many past devices. I applaud them for trying but I have waited and defended BlackBerry for far too long. Best wishes with future RIM devices. I hope to be back some day.

P.S.- Why are CrackBerry users always getting so angry and defensive? My guess would be because you all are forced to defend a once great platform constantly. Loosen up angry CrackBerriers...
    i have to agree with you on that. RIM doesn't know fully of what consumers want. they waited too long to come out with something that's already been done. i'm still down for the torch. i'm just so used to BB's OS.
    08-06-10 09:21 PM
    I find it dissapointing that they still used a 2 year old screen and other outdated tech for their flagship phone.
    It's RIM. Just because it is a different model number it is automatically "better". At this rate, they will always be playing catch up.
    08-07-10 01:01 PM
    iphone 4 is just an all around great phone. had the droid x and still like the iphone 4 better.
    08-07-10 01:46 PM
    I was playing around with the iPhone 4 today in the store. I really like it, but it seems to lack features that my EVO has. I like the screen and the game play seems to be top notch. But the screen looks so small compared to my EVO. In regards to the Torch, I'm not certain as to why RIM decided not to make the hardware better. But one thing that I know about BlackBerry devices is that they really don't need a lot of processing power to be snappy. The 9700 is extremely fast and has half the processing speed as some of the newer devices being released. I don't be able to really say if it is under powered until I actually out my hands on one.
    08-07-10 09:22 PM
    I stopped by the AT&T store and played with the 9800. No way, no how. It's clunky and cumbersome. I hate the Androids...they look like TV sets.
    08-07-10 09:34 PM
    I find the Evo WAY too big for a phone, and Sprint's WIMAX is more of a gimmick selling point then real world goodness.

Averaging 3-4mb down and under 1mb up (Sprint capped it lamely) isnt much faster than HSPA on the iphone 4 if at all for some.
    08-07-10 09:49 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD