I really wanted to like the Iphone and in many ways I did. It certainly kicks Blackberry's *** in many areas.

I am with Sprint and have a Curve right now. I didn't port my number so it wasn't a big deal to return it. Frankly, I would have probably kept the iphone if their prices were anywhere close to what Sprint is charging for the same services on a BlackBerry, which they are not.

If I got three Blackberrys with Sprint it is $150 plus taxes a month. That includes texting, messaging, internet, nights and weekends at 7pm, gps navigation and unlimited mobile to mobile minutes. On AT and T with 3 Iphones it is $90 for the basic 1400 minute plan, plus $90 for the three data plans, $17 for the early nights and weekends plan, 10 for the add a line, $30 for unlimited texting and another $30 for the navigator gps option that is included with Sprint. That is $267 a month compared to $150. Over a year that is $1404 a month MORE than Sprint. Almost $3000 more than Sprint over two years. Plus....you at least get some form of Sprint tv where as AT and T has an expensive TV option.

I didn't love the Iphone that much. I will upgrade to the tour and keep enjoying the BB experience
    09-11-09 02:51 AM
    Isn't it sad? I was so excited that I mailed *everyone* in my contact list and told them I'd be using a new number as my primary phone because I'd gotten my new 32g 3G S and 29 later had to email everyone again.....I still have people all confused as to where to call me. Thank God I kept my Bold and I just used my old Qh on the line where I'd had my iPhone.
    It is a gorgeous device and the most amazing display ever. But really, they should have gotten a decent battery. I don't want to hear about how this battery is "better than the 3G." It's a substandard battery and it makes the device usable for only a day and a half. I only felt safe because I had my Bold in case of an emergency, with a battery I could change myself and that could see me through three or four days.
    09-11-09 03:22 AM
    Isn't it sad? I was so excited that I mailed *everyone* in my contact list and told them I'd be using a new number as my primary phone because I'd gotten my new 32g 3G S and 29 later had to email everyone again.....I still have people all confused as to where to call me. Thank God I kept my Bold and I just used my old Qh on the line where I'd had my iPhone.
    It is a gorgeous device and the most amazing display ever. But really, they should have gotten a decent battery. I don't want to hear about how this battery is "better than the 3G." It's a substandard battery and it makes the device usable for only a day and a half. I only felt safe because I had my Bold in case of an emergency, with a battery I could change myself and that could see me through three or four days.

How in the **** did you get a day and a half? Mine died after 4 hours one day, after a full charge. Of course I turned off all the things that Apple says to turn off to increase battery life, even though they are sort of necessary to make the phone operate as advertised. I turned off wifi, 3g, turned down the screen to about 20%, turned off push, fetch, etc. I was able to get it to last through my normal work shift after a few days.

I like the option of popping a new battery in if I need it and not having to worry about finding a way to charge the sealed battery.

It does have a lot of nice apps and it has a great display.

If the plan price comes down and they figure out the battery life I may someday get another Iphone.
    09-11-09 03:27 AM
    do the update to 3.1 battery life increases a lot
    09-11-09 06:55 AM
    If you upgrade to 3.1 it eliminates the possibility of installing cracked apps! Lol :P that's the whole purpose of the Iphone, is the main reason why people get it...(At least around my area!)
    09-11-09 07:09 AM
    my iphone has much better battery life then my old storms so i have no complaints.

with verizon my coverage was great. However i tried sprint for a week back in february and it was absolutly horrid. I had more dropped calls that week than i had w/ verizon in 5 years.

Now that im with ATT its even better than my verizon. Couldnt be happier. Even though sprint was like 100 bucks for everything I wouldnt go back for anything. Verizon was a rip at 165 a month but I have found a very happy median at att for 132 a month. no regrets for me.
    09-11-09 07:54 AM
    Good info here!
    09-11-09 11:46 AM
    How in the **** did you get a day and a half? Mine died after 4 hours one day, after a full charge. Of course I turned off all the things that Apple says to turn off to increase battery life, even though they are sort of necessary to make the phone operate as advertised. I turned off wifi, 3g, turned down the screen to about 20%, turned off push, fetch, etc. I was able to get it to last through my normal work shift after a few days.

I like the option of popping a new battery in if I need it and not having to worry about finding a way to charge the sealed battery.

If the plan price comes down and they figure out the battery life I may someday get another Iphone.
    The only way I could get it to last a day and a half was to turn off everything (location based apps, 3G, brightness down to 20%, no push email) and used it just to surf the web. It would be fully charged in the morning, I'd use on the train (two hours each way = 4 hours use) turn it off when I got home and turn it back on in the morning of the second day. I'd charge it after lunch because it would be down all the way - sometimes it would shut itself down. I never even made calls on it. When I realized how much of an effort it was to keep the thing running, I just thought no way, that's not for me. I even had Apple send me some kind of battery minder that I then had to send back to them. When I did i never heard from them. That was the final straw. Turned the thing in. Miss the little micro netbook, but then I got Bolt for my blackberry and I'm satisfied. The display is nowhere near the same, but I have a device I can trust. To me that means more than games or apps.
    09-11-09 12:43 PM
    I didn't love the Iphone that much. I will upgrade to the tour and keep enjoying the BB experience
    I'd get the Hero instead.
    09-11-09 12:58 PM
    question for the OP, if you knew ATT had higher rates and that money was a issue, then why did you go to ATT in the first place?
    09-11-09 01:06 PM

4 hours and it died? something was wrong. and i understand the argument about the removable battery, but where do you charge the extra battery? if you have it on a charger waiting to be used, isnt it just as easy to have an extra charger for the iphone and plug it in? i've had my phone off the charger since 630 am today, and at 222pm, i'm still at 65 percent with decent use.
    09-11-09 02:23 PM
    question for the OP, if you knew ATT had higher rates and that money was a issue, then why did you go to ATT in the first place?
    I'm pretty sure we all know the answer to that question.
    09-11-09 03:28 PM
    I thought I was the only one thinking this...
    09-11-09 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD