TomTom for iPhone is now available from the app store. It is 99 dollars, includes North America and Canada, and is 1.21gb.
    08-17-09 12:40 AM
    Sounds like a deal to me.. I never was a fan of the mapping per location type request (At&t, google maps etc.).. always preferred maps on a hard drive.

Google maps works ok but it is still sometimes slow to show maps in a hurry.. hard drive ftw
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 08-17-09 at 08:23 AM.
    08-17-09 08:17 AM
    It's better for when you don't have coverage. Since the maps is stored on the hd, you're good.

$100 is a bit steep though to pay on one shot. I rather pay 10/mo for Telenav though.
    08-17-09 09:17 AM
    But over the course of the year you are over $100.. so why not.
    08-17-09 09:40 AM
    Yeah but he means all at once vs. the convenience of month to month payments.

I'm waiting for the car dock/charger equipment that tom tom advertised.
    08-17-09 09:42 AM
    Yeah but he means all at once vs. the convenience of month to month payments.

I'm waiting for the car dock/charger equipment that tom tom advertised.
    I understand.. kinda a hassle cancelling.. restarting...cancelling.. and you have to call them to cancel from what I understand. Anyways I am to waiting for the dock charger speaker setup as well.. I've been waiting for this App for some time now.

Last edited by Entertainment72; 08-17-09 at 09:48 AM.
    08-17-09 09:45 AM
    that dock/charger is gonna cost $200 I heard

so $300 for this is kind of steep

looks great though, but calls coming in, text, or whatever shuts down the app and comes back when your done

i'd rather spend $200 on a stand alone Garmin GPS IMO
    08-17-09 09:55 AM
    that dock/charger is gonna cost $200 I heard

so $300 for this is kind of steep

looks great though, but calls coming in, text, or whatever shuts down the app and comes back when your done

i'd rather spend $200 on a stand alone Garmin GPS IMO
    If it does cost $200 I agree.. but you are incorrect concerning calls and the app shutting down.. I can run any app and maintain a call as it stands now.
    08-17-09 10:01 AM
    If it does cost $200 I agree.. but you are incorrect concerning calls and the app shutting down.. I can run any app and maintain a call as it stands now.
    you bought the tomtom app and know this? if so, than thats good to know

i heard that this 1.0 release doesn't tell you street names during navigation

don't get me wrong, i would LOVE to buy this app to have turn by turn with me at all times....trying to see if its worth it, thats all
    08-17-09 10:22 AM
    No I haven't purchased it yet.. but concerning any other App I have I can make a call and use an App at the same time.

You can check the iPhone Tom Tom site for details..
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 08-17-09 at 10:29 AM.
    08-17-09 10:26 AM
    the holder looks nice, BUT it looks like you have to have a naked iphone to make it fit.
    08-17-09 11:26 PM
    I would like this too. Various on line reviews seem mixed to date. Mapimages is right...the app turns off/goes to sleep mode when a call comes in, then comes back on. Every review says it works like that. So far...no spoken street names. The kit will run under $200 USD but that's pricey if you ask me...also...nobody mentions map updates. Are they gonna be pricey too?
    08-20-09 08:19 AM
    I would like this too. Various on line reviews seem mixed to date. Mapimages is right...the app turns off/goes to sleep mode when a call comes in, then comes back on. Every review says it works like that. So far...no spoken street names. The kit will run under $200 USD but that's pricey if you ask me...also...nobody mentions map updates. Are they gonna be pricey too?
    Word is that the kit will contain it's own GPS chip and speaker so thats a plus.. still if it is indeed $200 it is still too much (in addition to the $99 app).

Last edited by Entertainment72; 08-20-09 at 03:25 PM.
    08-20-09 08:33 AM
    Basing it off of my Garmin stand-alone unit, maps will probably run $99 an upgrade.
    08-20-09 09:34 AM
    That really seems like a pricey adventure if you ask me. Cool, very cool...but $200-$300 and then $100 on upgrades down the road. Ouch.
    08-20-09 10:36 AM
    That really seems like a pricey adventure if you ask me. Cool, very cool...but $200-$300 and then $100 on upgrades down the road. Ouch.
    Hey, at least there's no monthly fee to use the GPS. Though we do pay for that on 4/16 every year...
    08-20-09 11:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD