Posted via CB10
    03-21-16 09:28 PM
    Now why would you ask THAT here?
    03-21-16 09:35 PM
    Cue the "This is the time for Blackberry to really capitalize on BB10" comments.
    03-21-16 09:36 PM
    Just goes to show begin different can be good

Posted via CB10
    03-21-16 09:49 PM
    It's a good a place than any to discuss the matter.

I believe that this move proves that the high end market is saturated, as I have mentioned before the "cheaper" devices means that Apple realized this and are taking steps to ensure continued growth in the low to mid end segment.

BlackBerry should have realized this long ago and if they were going to step into the Android World, offered a similarly priced device to help build market share. In the real world many mobile users especially in the emerging markets are going for affordable rather than "high tech ". BlackBerry should have jumped on the cheap bandwagon at least initially to sure up volume, before jumping into the high end Android segment first.

BlackBerry 10 should have also found favour had they offered a lowered priced device form, with better specs if they were interested in recouping some market share and I don't mean the Q5, leap or any other device in that segment.

Apple is essentially offering a better speced or comparable device for less. Unlike BlackBerry whose launches recently, have been badly executed both in price and specs not to mention their poor marketing abilities.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-16 10:00 PM
    Cue the "This is the time for Blackberry to really capitalize on BB10" comments.
    Seems to be going around.
    03-21-16 10:04 PM
    They stated that 30 million iPhone users have a phone in the 4" screen size( the 5, 5s, or 5c). That's a lot of people using old tech maybe just to hang on to that form factor. It's a good decision to provide those people with an up-to-date product in a form factor they like at a lower price.
    03-21-16 10:12 PM
    They stated that 30 million iPhone users have a phone in the 4" screen size( the 5, 5s, or 5c). That's a lot of people using old tech maybe just to hang on to that form factor. It's a good decision to provide those people with an up-to-date product in a form factor they like at a lower price.
    Yep I'm getting the kids these.
    03-21-16 10:57 PM