I'm long time berry user and I think it's time for a change. I have an Ipod touch and I like some of the feauters like a note app that is absolutely awesome and better web browsing. But I also love my berry the quarty keyboard and BBM. I just read the thread about being able to use your Iphone on a blackberry data plan so that makes the move even easier. For those that switched from BB to Iphone can you tell me if you regret it. What you like about your Iphone and what you don't and what you miss about the Berry. overall are you happy with the change? Thank you so much in helping me with this. I been going back and forth for 4 months on this now!
    01-24-10 12:17 AM
    I have had two blackberrys (8320 & 8900), and I was always saying that blackberry was better. Afther I got my iPhone 3g 16gb, I can't put the thing down. The web browser is amazing! It's nice having a 16gb hard drive especially for my apps. This was a pain with the blackberrys that the internal memory were so small. I would download a few apps and the phone was full. Plus the apps are alot better and more selection the blackberry app world have to offer. Plus the screen size is phenominal! The only thing I miss is having a flash, but the iPhone 4g is suppse to have that. I don't miss BMM that much to go back.
    01-24-10 11:20 AM
    I have had two blackberrys (8320 & 8900), and I was always saying that blackberry was better. Afther I got my iPhone 3g 16gb, I can't put the thing down. The web browser is amazing! It's nice having a 16gb hard drive especially for my apps. This was a pain with the blackberrys that the internal memory were so small. I would download a few apps and the phone was full. Plus the apps are alot better and more selection the blackberry app world have to offer. Plus the screen size is phenominal! The only thing I miss is having a flash, but the iPhone 4g is suppse to have that. I don't miss BMM that much to go back.
    do you know if the 3gs iphones will be able to update to the new software when it comes out? i paid 3.99 for a note app on my ipod touch (notemaster) and i love it! it blows my stupid berry notepad out the water. I'm convinced the Berry as a phone is much better than the Iphone, but it's the little things like the bigger screen, better browser, and the apps that me want to make the switch. Most apps are useless in my opinion, but i have found some that I love. Plus i wont have to carry Itouch and berry if i get an iphone i have it all in one. The batter is a main concern to me. I laugh every time I fly i see people at the airport sitting on the floor with their iphones plugged in. The battery issue is the only thing holding me back. I love that i can drive and have my google maps on the whole drive without worry about my phone dying. How do you see the battery life on the iphone?
    01-24-10 12:08 PM
    I'm still a blackberry user but as far as your comment about loving BBM, there is an app for iPhone, I believe it is called Ping or maybe iPing, something along those lines. It allows you to essentially create your own PIN # and it works and looks just like BBM.

At least this is what I have heard from an iPhone user who has this app.
    01-24-10 12:13 PM
    I'm still a blackberry user but as far as your comment about loving BBM, there is an app for iPhone, I believe it is called Ping or maybe iPing, something along those lines. It allows you to essentially create your own PIN # and it works and looks just like BBM.

At least this is what I have heard from an iPhone user who has this app.
    and this will enable me to communicate via bbm with blackberry's?
    01-24-10 12:44 PM
    I'm long time berry user and I think it's time for a change. I have an Ipod touch and I like some of the feauters like a note app that is absolutely awesome and better web browsing. But I also love my berry the quarty keyboard and BBM. I just read the thread about being able to use your Iphone on a blackberry data plan so that makes the move even easier. For those that switched from BB to Iphone can you tell me if you regret it. What you like about your Iphone and what you don't and what you miss about the Berry. overall are you happy with the change? Thank you so much in helping me with this. I been going back and forth for 4 months on this now!
    IMHO if you are going to go with the iPhone go all the way and get the iPhone plan. Second I do not really miss anything about my old berry with the exception of the battery life. I thought that I would miss the keyboard but I really don't miss it at all. As far as BBM most people have another IM that they use anyway and there are a ton of free IM apps for the iPhone so I don't think that you will really miss BBM at all. Just my thoughts but for me the iPhone is the best smartphone that I have ever used.
    01-24-10 02:08 PM
    and this will enable me to communicate via bbm with blackberry's?
    As far as I know it does not let you BBM with other blackberrys, it's just kinda like an iPhone version of it.
    01-24-10 02:10 PM
    No regrets at all, especially after 3.0. At first I was reluctant because of BBM, but all my friends started changing their devices too so BBM became a non factor. We talk on Gtalk, AIM, or YIM all day. IMO, the only thing that was missing that stopped from replacing the blackberry was MMS, copy an paste, video recording, landscape. Well, all of that has been addressed so my blackberry Bold has been in the drawer since May. It's just a backup phone now. And with the features that are rumored to be in 4.0, it's going to blow all the other device away even more. Just switch, you won't regret (unless you absolutely can't adjust to a virtual keyboard).
    01-24-10 03:37 PM
    do you know if the 3gs iphones will be able to update to the new software when it comes out? i paid 3.99 for a note app on my ipod touch (notemaster) and i love it! it blows my stupid berry notepad out the water. I'm convinced the Berry as a phone is much better than the Iphone, but it's the little things like the bigger screen, better browser, and the apps that me want to make the switch. Most apps are useless in my opinion, but i have found some that I love. Plus i wont have to carry Itouch and berry if i get an iphone i have it all in one. The batter is a main concern to me. I laugh every time I fly i see people at the airport sitting on the floor with their iphones plugged in. The battery issue is the only thing holding me back. I love that i can drive and have my google maps on the whole drive without worry about my phone dying. How do you see the battery life on the iphone?
    I don't know about the 3gs and the software updates. I know only people with the 3g version. The battery life has been the same as my old BB 8320. Acctually it's been very good because I haven't set down my iPhone in the last few days. This phone is awesome. I haven't use my laptop since Friday. Their isn't much that you can't do with the iPhone.
    Last edited by SoxfaninFL; 01-24-10 at 04:22 PM.
    01-24-10 04:20 PM
    I switched from my Storm and I would never go back to a blackberry. The only thing I've found the bb to do better is the email and the messenger. But for me, the email on the iphone is good and I never used messenger so that is a mute point.
    01-24-10 07:38 PM
    I switched from BB pearl flip to 3GS. I had my BB for 9 months, it was a lovely phone and I still have it as a backup. I do not miss BBM as I did not have a lot of friends with BB. All others use Yahoo, MSN or Gtalk. To gt multitasking just jailbreak and install multiflow. I enjoy my 3GS
    01-24-10 08:58 PM
    Thought would never leave the Berry but after using a friends iPhone for awhile liked it a lot. Looked up the messenger program on app store and it's essentially the same thing as BBM but for iPhone users and costs .99. also like the landscape keyboard feature on this.

Posted from my iPhone at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by 8310Fan; 01-25-10 at 03:45 AM.
    01-25-10 03:41 AM
    I have had the BOLD, 8900, Storm, and the curve. I also have owend the iphone 2g, 3g, and now the 3gs. I in NO way regret leaving my Blackberry (BOLD was my favorite). I thought when i got the storm and the new OS was released to make it run better i would stay, but no way. the GUI is WAY better and funner i might add with the Iphone. The 3gs is way better a phone then the other iphones as well. Much more mem etc....

and now with the push that iphone has, i do not miss my BB. dont get me wrong, i liked my BB and still do, but iphone has it ALL. the only ***** i have is the battery, but, i have a portable charger if i need it.....

I dont think i will ever go back....

Just my 2Cents...
    01-25-10 07:21 AM
    I am going to see the surgeon today to have my iPhone 3GS surgically removed from my hand......
    01-25-10 08:27 AM
    The only regret I had was no multi tasking for radio. I didn't like having to close an app to reply to a sms msg. But a quick jailbreak and backgrounder, I also use pro switcher and I have multi tasking with an interface that looks like webOS.

No regrets now.
    01-25-10 10:20 AM
    I'm getting tired of the BB now too. Trying to trade up my 9700 for an iPhone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-10 10:32 AM
    Thanks for all the replies guys i really do appreciate it! I've been pulling my hair for months about this!!! One last question i forgot to ask in my OP. how is the GPS on the Iphone??? I use google maps alot and love that it shows me exactly where i'm at and where im going. how good is the GPS on the Iphone?
    01-25-10 10:56 AM
    GPS is the fastest in this phone that i've used. I always have a good signal and get locked very quickly, especially in APPS that ask for my location Also, there is no way 100% sure that you can get BBM. Sorry to say but your BBM days will be over if you switch.
    01-25-10 12:32 PM
    Thanks for all the replies guys i really do appreciate it! I've been pulling my hair for months about this!!! One last question i forgot to ask in my OP. how is the GPS on the Iphone??? I use google maps alot and love that it shows me exactly where i'm at and where im going. how good is the GPS on the Iphone?
    GPS on the iPhone is IMHO the best use of GPS that I have used on a mobile device. Almost all mapping and search apps use the GPS and location based services are way better then on any blackberry.
    01-25-10 01:20 PM
    GPS on the iPhone is IMHO the best use of GPS that I have used on a mobile device. Almost all mapping and search apps use the GPS and location based services are way better then on any blackberry.
    i thought the GPS on the IPhone's weren't as good as the berry's because the berry's have it built into the phone????
    01-25-10 02:57 PM
    i thought the GPS on the IPhone's weren't as good as the berry's because the berry's have it built into the phone????
    Nope the iPhone has a built in GPS as well, not sure where you heard that.
    01-25-10 10:15 PM
    the GPS is actually another small reason I went back. So much faster to get an exact lock, and everything integrates with it very well.
    01-26-10 08:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD