same here... i just dropped my device back to 4.2.10 (CDMA) and now its downloading the official 5.0

like i said before its prolly the same but i would rather run the official.
    I hope going back down to iOS4 doesn't remove settings changes from iOS5 and then I'm going to have to redo them.

I'll probably just wait and see.
    10-12-11 12:39 PM
    Never mind I don't even have to go back down to iOS 4. When I clicked restore it auto started downloading iOS5 so I don't even have to downgrade real quick, nice.
    10-12-11 12:45 PM
    Never mind I don't even have to go back down to iOS 4. When I clicked restore it auto started downloading iOS5 so I don't even have to downgrade real quick, nice.

it shouldnt as i did a backup before the downgrade and ill do a sync as soon as it finishes installing ios 5.

on another note i found out that the GM build number and the official build numbers are the same so there was no reason to do any of this....

oh well.... at least im at work getting paid to tinker with my phone.
    10-12-11 12:52 PM
    Wow...so maybe I wont even do this at all haha. Still another 56min to download.

I guess a fresh install wouldn't hurt, but if they are the same it seems pointless.. I'll probably just do it anyways for the **** of it I guess.
    10-12-11 12:58 PM
    I had to select restore as well.
    10-12-11 01:02 PM
    Download time keeps going up. I'm at 79 minutes now. I'm glad I already have it installed lol.

People are better off downloading the GM file from a different source. It's faster.
    10-12-11 01:06 PM
    I've got 9 minutes left. I can honestly say this has been the longest amount of time my iphone has ever taken on any task!
    foxpat220022 likes this.
    10-12-11 01:13 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD