I'm going back and forth, deciding if I should grab an iPhone 4,on the side, and jailbreak it. For those who've gone from a rooted Android device, to a jailbroken iPhone, is the amount of freedom given, similar to, or -dare I say, better than Android? And is the XDA community for iPhone development as good as it is for Android? If not, what resources do you recommend? I've been a champion of Android, but I need to immerse myself in Apple for the next six months, if I want to transfer to a closer work site to my apartment. I already purchased a used PowerMac. Next may be an Intel MacBook

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    10-11-11 12:30 AM
    Once you jailbreak the phone you will have access to cydia and then you will be able to add repositories to the cydia app. Thos repositories hold all the goodies you need. Check out sinfuliphone as a starting point.

XDA is a heavy android community as expected. the iOS community is kind of scattered but it's out there.
    lssanjose likes this.
    10-11-11 07:49 AM
    Anytime I hear about an ios device that has a "problem" it's always a jailbroken device. This has kept me from doing it
    10-13-11 10:03 AM
    Anytime I hear about an ios device that has a "problem" it's always a jailbroken device. This has kept me from doing it
    I'm on my third jailbroken iPhone and also have an iPad that's jailbroken and have not had any issues with any of them. When you look at it, all a jailbreak is is the ability to download apps, themes, etc from another source other than iTunes. Now if you download something like an iOS 4 theme onto an iOS device, it might not work correctly, but I've seen nothing that would damage the device.
    lssanjose likes this.
    10-13-11 10:10 AM
    I'm on my third jailbroken iPhone and also have an iPad that's jailbroken and have not had any issues with any of them. When you look at it, all a jailbreak is is the ability to download apps, themes, etc from another source other than iTunes. Now if you download something like an iOS 4 theme onto an iOS device, it might not work correctly, but I've seen nothing that would damage the device.
    I'm on BB but have an ipad 2 as well... would u recomend it for my ipad? As in-- does it become a totally different animal?
    10-13-11 10:13 AM
    Thanks guys. I'm trying to see how I should play it out. Should I test drive it on Sprint as an employee, should I use up my upgrade on my mom's family plan on Verizon , wait for the prime, get the iPhone 4 on the side

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    10-13-11 10:25 AM
    Not sure why that is. Probably coincidence more than anything. My device works every bit as good before the JB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by zwoof; 10-13-11 at 10:35 AM.
    lssanjose likes this.
    10-13-11 10:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD