I have been with Verizon for years. I am using a BB Storm and it does have a lot of functions that I enjoy. But, Verizon CS is screwing me lately, and I am think of leaving. I will have to take an ETF on my phone and my wifes. ($120 each line). I will have to buy 2 new iphones (I think I can still get refurbished from ATT for a discount), I can then sell my Storm, Curve and iTouch and almost make up the fees.

Here are some things that I enjoy on BB, can it be dont on the iphone?

Saving documents on the phone?
    Downloading better quality photos?
    Pushed emails? I have read a few posts on this, but I dont think I understand. Is Gmail pushed, or do you have to pay for a premium service to have it pushed?
    tethering to my laptop. This is very important to me

I live in Maryland. Can anyone give me an idea of the coverage? dropped calls? customer service?

I know the browser is better, it will be nice to not have to carry and itouch and BB around on trips. Any other benefits?
    01-10-10 10:54 PM
    I have been with Verizon for years. I am using a BB Storm and it does have a lot of functions that I enjoy. But, Verizon CS is screwing me lately, and I am think of leaving. I will have to take an ETF on my phone and my wifes. ($120 each line). I will have to buy 2 new iphones (I think I can still get refurbished from ATT for a discount), I can then sell my Storm, Curve and iTouch and almost make up the fees.

Here are some things that I enjoy on BB, can it be dont on the iphone?

Saving documents on the phone?
    Downloading better quality photos?
    Pushed emails? I have read a few posts on this, but I dont think I understand. Is Gmail pushed, or do you have to pay for a premium service to have it pushed?
    tethering to my laptop. This is very important to me

I live in Maryland. Can anyone give me an idea of the coverage? dropped calls? customer service?

I know the browser is better, it will be nice to not have to carry and itouch and BB around on trips. Any other benefits?
    Not sure about saving docs on the iPhone as I have not tried this but you can view docs with out any problems. You can have one email account pushed for free, I use gmail and it works great. If you have more then one email one the phone you will have to deal with fetch email for the other accounts. As far as I know there is no way to tether with the iPhone though you might be able to do it if you jailbreak the phone. Not sure about coverage in your area you really need to look at a coverage map to know for sure anyway. I really do not know what you are talking about with the photos but let me say this, any and all multi-media functions are way better on the iPhone then on any other phone. And last but not least do NOT buy a refurb phone, you will just be asking for trouble if you do this.

I feel I need to add something here, if you use your berry mostly for email and tethering then I would say that you need to stick with RIM and blackberry. And that is coming from a serious machead. You really need to know what you want out of your phone before deciding on what to do. For me it really came down to wanting to have a the phone with the best browser music and video built in and that was the iPhone hands down. Well that and I needed it so that all my machead friends would stop making fun of my berry LOL. Hope all my rambles have shed some light on the issue for you.
    01-10-10 11:45 PM
    I have purchased if few refurbs (3G and 2 3G [S]) with not one incident or hint of a problem. Refurbs are covered by the SAME one year warranty as a new one.
    01-11-10 02:58 PM
    I have purchased if few refurbs (3G and 2 3G [S]) with not one incident or hint of a problem. Refurbs are covered by the SAME one year warranty as a new one.
    Oh I did not know that, I have heard of people having issues with them, but it is nice to know that they have the same warranty.
    01-11-10 04:45 PM
    I agree, I have purchased about 10 refurb ipods over the years. NEVER had a problem. They always come looking brand new.

There are not many parts inside the phone to break. They just put on a new outer shell and it is good to go.
    01-11-10 07:17 PM
    Same here got a refurb 32gb when they were $250 with a renew and looked brand spanking new. Apple's refurbs are basically new.
    01-11-10 09:07 PM
    The two refurbs (16gb 3G [S]'s), I bought for my parents for Christmas when AT&T had them for $49 each .. That lasted two days before they ran out of inventory. So for so good, they have been happy with no problems.

I also had purchase a couple BB's (7000 series) for work that were refurbished.. this was a few years ago and one of the employees still uses it.
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 01-12-10 at 08:10 AM.
    01-12-10 08:08 AM
    that's a sweet deal on the 16 gig! Good to hear good stories on the refurbs.
    01-12-10 08:19 AM
    I think Ill make a switch to the iphone, found out that I get discount with work. Price is pretty much same as sprint & verizon.
    At&t iphone: 450 minutes, 200 text, unlimited data $60.99
    Sprint: 450min, unlimited text & data: 54.99
    verizon blackberry: 450 min, 250 text, data...$67 or so
    01-12-10 03:33 PM
    200 text might kill you though.. might want to go unlimited. I learned that the hard way (damn ESPN fantasy football updates!)
    01-12-10 04:10 PM
    may bump it not sure yet...usually only using around 150 or so with verizon and thats on the high end. Going to compare all plans tonight and see what works best, and what I would like to have.
    Verizon is tough for me to stay under 450minutes, and there are months where I will be well under it by 200 minutes or so. Like the rollover plan, Sprint well their pricing cant be beat, 55 a month unlimited mobile to mobile...and texting.... Not many phones that I like besides 2 blackberries
    01-12-10 04:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD