Hey all. I'm really contemplating making the switch between a Storm to the Iphone. Now, this would require me to stop VZW and switch to AT&T.

Obviously the general consensus is that VZW trumps AT&T in coverage in every way. But by how much? I live on Long Island and go to school in CT, and my AT&T/Iphone friends have never really complained about the service or coverage. Has anyone switched from VZW and noticed a considerable change in service or coverage? I'm thinking I want to make the switch, but won't if the service really isnt that good.

My next question is: To sign up for AT&T plus the Iphone 3G s, is there some kind of first user discount since I'm a new subscriber to both AT&T and the Iphone? We're on a family plan but 2 of our phones are passed the VZW contract date, so we're judging how expensive it would be to make the AT&T/Iphone jump.

Any addition help would be much appreciated. People who have switched, let me know what you think! Thanks everyone.
    06-18-09 06:58 AM
    I would like to know as well, switching from Tmobile.
    06-18-09 08:58 AM
    I made the switch from verizon b/c I was soo sick of my storm. I took the early termination fee hit x 2 and bought an Iphone for my wife and myself. In FL the coverage excellent and I have had no problems. Also, I love this phone and wish I switched earlier before renewing my contractw/ verizon back in november waiting for that piece of **** phone. Good luck!
    06-18-09 10:43 AM
    Go to billshrink.com. You can see what kinda coverage AT&T has in your area and how much it would cost for you to switch and what kinda plan you could get. Highly recommended.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-09 11:26 AM
    I had the storm and bold and just switched to iphone and i love it. Ive always used blackberry and loved them but this phone is great!

06-18-09 12:33 PM
    Hey all. I'm really contemplating making the switch between a Storm to the Iphone. Now, this would require me to stop VZW and switch to AT&T.

Obviously the general consensus is that VZW trumps AT&T in coverage in every way. But by how much? I live on Long Island and go to school in CT, and my AT&T/Iphone friends have never really complained about the service or coverage. Has anyone switched from VZW and noticed a considerable change in service or coverage? I'm thinking I want to make the switch, but won't if the service really isnt that good.

My next question is: To sign up for AT&T plus the Iphone 3G s, is there some kind of first user discount since I'm a new subscriber to both AT&T and the Iphone? We're on a family plan but 2 of our phones are passed the VZW contract date, so we're judging how expensive it would be to make the AT&T/Iphone jump.

Any addition help would be much appreciated. People who have switched, let me know what you think! Thanks everyone.
    Plan costs are pretty much the same between VZW and AT&T. As far as coverage, I found that AT&T has better coverage where I need it. New user discount applies to getting an iphone not on the plans.
    06-18-09 02:40 PM
    i had the storm switched to an iphone 3g best descion iv ever made the strom is the worst phone ive ever had very slow the firmware was horrible with the iphone i get an occasional dropped call maybe once a week but other than that the phone performs very well if u can afford to switched i would do it
    06-18-09 03:25 PM
    I just renewed my verizon acct In feb for the storm. I am going to get the new iphone this weekend and pay the termination fee to get out. As far as ct I live in ma and grew up in ct. Cell coverage is the same in my opinion. I had cingular then Nextel then vzw. Coverage is solid in ct from all providers. Good luck with the switch

06-18-09 06:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD