i'm happy with my 3G right now on 3.0. but i'm seeing all these cool themes and such for the iphone thru cydia. should i wait a while for more apps to be compatible with 3.0 before i mess with it? also, will i still be able to download songs, apps, and such officially thru the app store or itunes? thanks!
    06-25-09 11:54 PM
    i'm happy with my 3G right now on 3.0. but i'm seeing all these cool themes and such for the iphone thru cydia. should i wait a while for more apps to be compatible with 3.0 before i mess with it? also, will i still be able to download songs, apps, and such officially thru the app store or itunes? thanks!
    Go for it, it has no effect on app store. As to them knowing it's a jailbroken iphone and voiding warranty, I doubt it as there would have been a lot of postings complaining about it. If you have to take the iphone in for problems, do a clean restore and take it in and just don't tell them it was jailbroken. I bet the above poster doesn't install leaked OS's for the same reason.
    06-26-09 08:51 AM
    if you jail break the phone it will void the warr. Also when/if you have problems and go to at&t they can tell it has been jail broken even if you set it back to factory settings. To me I would say dont do it and wait.
    That's highly inaccurate. Apple has no way of telling if you jailbroke the device after restoring back to factory firmware. The restore would wipe any application data and settings that the device once had. Only the "bootloader" as I call it remains, which is not modified by the jailbreak.
    06-26-09 10:28 AM
    That's highly inaccurate. Apple has no way of telling if you jailbroke the device after restoring back to factory firmware. The restore would wipe any application data and settings that the device once had. Only the "bootloader" as I call it remains, which is not modified by the jailbreak.
    agreed. i had a 2G and a 3G that i've had to swap out at the Apple store and both had been jailbroken before taking them in.
    06-26-09 12:59 PM
    I do the jailbreaking just because I can LOL. Just to be a little rebellious against Apple i guess. But go ahead and do it. Just like the other posters said, if you need to go to Apple for service, just do a clean restore and you are good to go.

I had to get a SIM tray from Apple and I gave it to them with Cydia and the guy was like "I see you jailbroke this, we can't do anything until you restore" (then he showed me the signed that states this). Well after reading the sign I told him "well this policy says unauthorized..... void the SOFTWARE warranty, but I need a SIM tray and that's hardware". So he gave me one because I found a loop hole. LOL. But always restore to be safe. I just didn't feel like going all the way back home because I needed the SIM tray like that minute.
    06-26-09 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD