I own both because I haven't found a buyer for my storm so I'll put my $.02 in:
    • E-mail - Depends on what you are looking for. Are you using an exchange account or just gmail? Blackberry is much quicker with emails reaching you, but I find it's easier to manage my gmail account on my iphone. Push works on iphone, but it is not the same as BB. I thought it would be a deal breaker for me where I was used emails being almost instant. I had a little sit down and think moment: do I really need to answer this email about machining completely screwing up the first batch a prototype ogives within 5 minutes of them sending it... no I don't. The BB felt like it was interrupting my life and work with emails every 5 mins. Some were important, some weren't, but they were all distracting. I prefer the iphone. I actually turned off my push and check email every 20 to 30 mins. I still get my work done, but am not constantly bombarded.
    • Calendar - I hate BB calendar. Just absolutely hate it. It does, however, have one thing that I don't understand why the iphone doesn't have: Week View. Other than that iphone is much easier to edit and work with. If you usually use the "Today" part of it, the iphone is heads a shoulders about BB in usability and visual appeal.
    • Social Networks - Personally I prefer the Apps on the iphone side here. I have not found a better app than twitteriffic anywhere. Play with the apps on this one and see what you prefer.
    • Alerts - BB wins here no doubt. I regularly miss texts and emails because my iphone doesn't adequately tell me about them. I really miss the little LED indicator.
    Addressing another thing you said: the all in one capabilities of the iphone are its biggest seller. I really feel like I have everything I need when I leave the house and that is why I prefer the iphone over the BB.

My girlfriend was an avid BB user who was hesitant to switch to the iphone. After a while of using it she still has three major complaints: Lack of a keyboard, lack of background applications, lack of LED. Touchscreen just doesn't work for some people. If you've lived and breathed keyboard for all your life and don't think there is any functionality you are missing, then I bet you will prefer the BB.

Best thing is that there are so many good choices for smartphone users. Only you can determine what is the best one for you. For me, I should probably be using an android phone, but after using one for a few months it felt hodge-podged and not uniform. I'll be waiting for 3.0 or 4.0; in the mean time I'll enjoy soon to come OS4.0 on my 3Gs 32gb (yes its full of music).

Wish you luck in your choice.
    01-24-10 10:40 AM
    Does the Iphone still have crippled bluetooth functionality?
    01-30-10 08:06 PM
    Remember the Garden of Eden the snake wanted Adam and Eve to take a bite from the apple and look what happened to them! Don't do it!
    01-30-10 08:16 PM
    That was a joke.
    01-30-10 08:17 PM
    Does the Iphone still have crippled bluetooth functionality?
    Still no file sharing.
    01-30-10 09:12 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD