Got AIM? (Being you don't have BBM right now). Lol. Why not wait for the Onyx? Aside from bbm, all your gripes are addressed with jailbreaking, but my gripe is CDMA... I love GSM/AT&T. I'll be waiting for the Onyx, then the hybrid touchscreen.
    07-03-09 02:08 AM
    P.S. Did you figure I'd be the 3rd to respond? Lol.
    07-03-09 02:09 AM
    P.S. Did you figure I'd be the 3rd to respond? Lol.

haha I could have totally guessed it! nah its all good man..

some people like cdma some don't I think it depends where you live and if you really need voice+data same time..

the thing about sooks is I think he will jam on the tour and then grab a onyx too..

I have no doubt about that actually haha
    07-03-09 03:20 AM
    So i am torn between jumping back to verizon and grabbing the tour, the phone i was holding out for, for so long ..... Or staying with the iphone 3gs, i love the iphone , but i am missing some berry love , and the only thing i will miss is the touchscreen , but idk .. ugh .... i hate having to decide between two phones phones !!!!! any opinions will be great
    Just grab a Bold and keep the iPhone. Now you have both. The Tour is nothing special over the Bold anyhow. So you can have the best of both worlds. I'm going to grab the Onyx and have that with the iPhone.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 07-03-09 at 08:43 AM.
    07-03-09 08:41 AM
    Jesus! You people are crazy. I don't know what you do. But I want to do it. I would love two phones, but its way to expensive. Its not the upfront fee, but the monthly charge that's the pricy part. LOL.
    07-03-09 09:21 AM
    Just grab a Bold and keep the iPhone. Now you have both. The Tour is nothing special over the Bold anyhow. So you can have the best of both worlds. I'm going to grab the Onyx and have that with the iPhone.
    That is what I would do. Keep the iPhone and grab yourself a Bold. I would rather stay GSM. Simultaneous voice and data on the Bold is awesome.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-09 09:54 AM
    Jesus! You people are crazy. I don't know what you do. But I want to do it. I would love two phones, but its way to expensive. Its not the upfront fee, but the monthly charge that's the pricy part. LOL.
    Well when you are on GSM, it's easy to keep 2 devices and only pay data for one. Just switch the SIM card. That's one of the reasons besides the iPhone that I switched to GSM..... able to get eh devices I want, when I want and use them whenever I feel like it.
    07-03-09 10:30 AM
    That is what I would do. Keep the iPhone and grab yourself a Bold. I would rather stay GSM. Simultaneous voice and data on the Bold is awesome.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Exactly. I'm never going CDMA again.
    07-03-09 10:32 AM
    Here is my thing , as much as i thought i would use voice/data at the same time , i never do .... and Verizon has better call signal where i am. Also , with keeping both , 1) dont have the money to pick up a bold , and 2) i dont use an iphone for what its meant for , i have like 3 songs that i never listen to , i have no videos , i hate itunes lol , i just dont use it for whats its ment to be used for. And the onyx i would love to wait on and pick up but that sucker on full retail is going to kill, plus with Verizon , i am pretty excited about storm 2 , being a touchscreen and a berry ... so idk .
    07-03-09 11:08 AM
    Here is my thing , as much as i thought i would use voice/data at the same time , i never do .... and Verizon has better call signal where i am. Also , with keeping both , 1) dont have the money to pick up a bold , and 2) i dont use an iphone for what its meant for , i have like 3 songs that i never listen to , i have no videos , i hate itunes lol , i just dont use it for whats its ment to be used for. And the onyx i would love to wait on and pick up but that sucker on full retail is going to kill, plus with Verizon , i am pretty excited about storm 2 , being a touchscreen and a berry ... so idk .
    I got you. Hey man, gotta do what's best for you, you're a berry guy lol. And def if VZW coverage is better where you are, then it's almost a no-brainer. I love the voice/data use at the same time and I just love being able to have access to more and newer devices before they came to VZW. So I ain't mad at you, at least you tried and are not like some of the whiners, who've never tried but have tons to say. Good luck with the Tour. I'm going to see what the Onyx is about, if nothing significant I'm sticking with the iPhone full time because I am getting sick of RIM with the marginal differences in devices.
    07-03-09 11:24 AM
    I'd say stick with the iPhone 3G S. Download Beejive, its a great IM app....helps get over BBM plus the UI on it it awesome. The tour brings nothing new in terms of OS....that was my biggest complaint with the Storm and new Berries....same ol' tired OS. Not to mention, you are really gonna miss the iPhone browser and speed. I'm just sayin...
    07-03-09 12:52 PM
    I'm going to see what the Onyx is about, if nothing significant I'm sticking with the iPhone full time because I am getting sick of RIM with the marginal differences in devices.
    This is why I probably wont get the Onyx. So far all I know is that it has a better screen, camera and more RAM. Plus the smaller form factor, but I love the Bolds form. I don't need more RAM because I only have a few apps on my Bold. The camera I can careless about since I don't buy a phone for the camera, and the 3GS camera is already good enough. And the screen would be nice to have, but the Bolds screen is already gorgeous and my iPhones screen is bigger.

It all depends on how much faster the processor is for me (if at all). The OS is most likely going to be the same so I already know how that is... I'll stick it out and wait for the Pluto.
    07-03-09 01:17 PM
    This is why I probably wont get the Onyx. So far all I know is that it has a better screen, camera and more RAM. Plus the smaller form factor, but I love the Bolds form. I don't need more RAM because I only have a few apps on my Bold. The camera I can careless about since I don't buy a phone for the camera, and the 3GS camera is already good enough. And the screen would be nice to have, but the Bolds screen is already gorgeous and my iPhones screen is bigger.

It all depends on how much faster the processor is for me (if at all). The OS is most likely going to be the same so I already know how that is... I'll stick it out and wait for the Pluto.
    Yeah I agree. I have to try it out though so I can have an objective opinion. But without drastic changes to the OS, I'm not going back to a blackberry fulltime. I can live without the better camera and screen resolutions. Can I get a blackberry that I don't need to do battery pulls on, or a browser that can load actually web pages and a decent media player and more memory for apps so my phone doesn't crash when I have too many open. I love berries, but I was tired of the maintenance.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 07-03-09 at 01:48 PM.
    07-03-09 01:45 PM
    Yeah I agree. I have to try it out though so I can have an objective opinion. But without drastic changes to the OS, I'm not going back to a blackberry fulltime. I can live without the better camera and screen resolutions. Can I get a blackberry that I don't need to do battery pulls on, or a browser that can load actually web pages and a decent media player and more memory for apps so my phone doesn't crash when I have too many open. I love berries, but I was tired of the maintenance.
    Exactly. All it really is is a little bit of a hardware change and a smaller form factor. It will be on 5.0 so I kinda doubt there will be any differences from the 9020 OS and the 9000 OS, unless RIM plans on surprising us with something else...hopefully.
    07-03-09 03:37 PM
    i was in the same situation as you then i realized apples policy and itunes store sucks. so i sold my iphone paid the early term fee and preordered the tour. you can't beat its email and BBM. other then that there about equal. Iphones is a fit faster at playing music but thats only cause its on the internal memory as opposed to my BB's external sd card. Your choice all in all but i told you mine and i hop it helps in making your decision
    07-03-09 04:02 PM
    i have the 3gS now and I plan to buy a tour and unlock it to use on ATT.
    07-03-09 05:02 PM
    Why not just get the Bold? You get to use 3G and the device is faster.
    07-03-09 05:18 PM
    Why not just get the Bold? You get to use 3G and the device is faster.
    Exactly. You unlock a Tour to use on AT&T and won't have 3G when you can just get a Bold with basically the same specs and have all the features and carrier support.
    07-03-09 05:31 PM
    Why would you need to Unlock the tour it's coming out for all carriers I thought?
    07-03-09 08:53 PM
    Why would you need to Unlock the tour it's coming out for all carriers I thought?
    Right now its only coming out for Sprint and VZW. Who knows when/if its coming to AT&T since they already have the Bold and 8900 and look to be getting the Onyx.
    07-04-09 09:45 AM
    I see. Well that sucks, though it seems as I was told the Onyx is pretty similar.
    07-04-09 10:32 AM
    I see. Well that sucks, though it seems as I was told the Onyx is pretty similar.
    Yeah they're all pretty similar with minor differences. One of the reasons I'm bored with blackberry.
    07-04-09 10:51 AM
    The Onyx is an "upgraded" Bold. And the Bold is better than the Tour (faster processor, WiFi, NA 3G bands). Tour just has the 8900 screen and a little more RAM than the Bold.
    07-04-09 11:21 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD