I know if you have an exch server setup you get ur mail pushed but I'm talking bb style-- go add ur email address and bam!! Push email. What do you all think?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-10 04:31 PM
    A man can only hope! Just upgraded to the iphone, and that is the only single thing missing. Although I will say, not getting notified whenever junk mail comes in is nice. So I'm thinking my loss will be short term.
    03-28-10 07:45 PM
    No, because Apple wants to sell their MobileMe. I don't blame them.

RIM doesn't have their own service like Apple and they push all.

Google & Android only pushes (well at least it's supposed to, my iPhone pushes faster) Gmail.

I would not expect them to, but of course, it would be nice.
    03-28-10 07:58 PM
    The service has to push the content. GMail and Yahoo do for the iphone, or you can get hosted Exchange for a minimal few bucks a month these days.

Theres also apps in the App Store which will alert you of new email instantaneously with a push alert and then you can go check it.

BB might push all email services, but BIS is pretty sucky and all you get in your inbox so its less useful than not having instant push and having folders and contact/calendar sync.
    03-28-10 08:38 PM
    As I'm sure you're aware - some are push, but honestly Apple has always been about selling their own product, so for them to try to push Mobile Me makes sense.
    03-28-10 08:48 PM
    No, because Apple wants to sell their MobileMe. I don't blame them.

RIM doesn't have their own service like Apple and they push all.

Google & Android only pushes (well at least it's supposed to, my iPhone pushes faster) Gmail.

I would not expect them to, but of course, it would be nice.
    Of course. And I have no issue with paying apple a hundred dollars a year for it. Unlike "john@rogers.blackberry.com" though-- that mobileme thing doesn't give you the option of putting up a display address OTHER than your mobileme one. For example, I have my pop3 email from my business send a copy of everything to my bb address and I respond from the bb-- the receiver sees my work address. The bb address is invisible.
    The bb people here know what I mean. If that stupid mobileme thing would offer this option, it would be complete.
    Oh yeah-- a notification light is a must too.

03-28-10 09:08 PM
    Of course. And I have no issue with paying apple a hundred dollars a year for it. Unlike "john@rogers.blackberry.com" though-- that mobileme thing doesn't give you the option of putting up a display address OTHER than your mobileme one. For example, I have my pop3 email from my business send a copy of everything to my bb address and I respond from the bb-- the receiver sees my work address. The bb address is invisible.
    The bb people here know what I mean. If that stupid mobileme thing would offer this option, it would be complete.
    Oh yeah-- a notification light is a must too.

There's a way around this. On the iphone set up your pop account as an email account. Under the settings for Gmail for intance you can forward all messages to your mobileme and leave no copy in the gmail inbox.
    Once you get the email in your mobileme account you can hit reply and the CHOOSE which account you'd like to send the email from (in this case your work email). In essence, you'll be sending the email from your work email account but reading them in your mobileme account.
    03-29-10 07:45 AM
    There's a way around this. On the iphone set up your pop account as an email account. Under the settings for Gmail for intance you can forward all messages to your mobileme and leave no copy in the gmail inbox.
    Once you get the email in your mobileme account you can hit reply and the CHOOSE which account you'd like to send the email from (in this case your work email). In essence, you'll be sending the email from your work email account but reading them in your mobileme account.
    K. Gonna go try right now. Thx a million.

03-29-10 08:21 AM
    Like Duvi said, Mobile ME is the key. I use it and it's not bad...

I'm trying to go back to the days of 'checking in' when I want to, vs. the other way round. Right now having Twitter and Facebook PUSH, those can cause so many interruptions during our daily lives. My Mum use to say, "time waits for no man..." We have to enjoy it while we can...

Remember when we didn't have Twitter, Facebook, let alone even email! Ah, those were the days
    03-29-10 11:39 AM
    MobileMe is not bad at all for $25 a year! I love it!

Edit make that $20/year!
    03-29-10 12:32 PM
    Like Duvi said, Mobile ME is the key. I use it and it's not bad...

I'm trying to go back to the days of 'checking in' when I want to, vs. the other way round. Right now having Twitter and Facebook PUSH, those can cause so many interruptions during our daily lives. My Mum use to say, "time waits for no man..." We have to enjoy it while we can...

Remember when we didn't have Twitter, Facebook, let alone even email! Ah, those were the days
    They were. Keeping up with all these social networks is like having another FT job. Lmao.
    03-29-10 02:06 PM
    Only RIM pushes every mail service, could be even your ISP account, because they don't promote their own service.

On Android push is provided only for Gmail. Mobile Me on the iPhone. Other services on these devices resort to polling and drain the battery.
    03-29-10 02:11 PM
    Only RIM pushes every mail service, could be even your ISP account, because they don't promote their own service.

On Android push is provided only for Gmail. Mobile Me on the iPhone. Other services on these devices resort to polling and drain the battery.
    Technically they do promote their own service... PUSH!

If you want everything push, you have to get BB data through your carrier which RIM gets a nice chunk of.
    03-29-10 02:18 PM
    On the iphone set up your pop account as an email account.
    No this will not work.
    03-30-10 06:44 AM
    The iPhone pushes Exchange, MobileMe, Yahoo, and G-mail accounts.
    03-30-10 03:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD