I want to make a list of the [few] things that i actually miss from when i owned my Storm. This is only for people who have actually owned both devices at the same time. My current device is a 3GS btw. Here we go:
    - The flashing LED notification light. I LOVED this about the Storm. I get so excited when i see it turn red.
    -The solid metal battery cover. I really want the back of my iPhone to be the same aluminum that my air and pro are made of. Seems much more durable and sophisticated.
    -Verizon's coverage area. *NOTE: i dont want verizon's network, because the AT&T 3G speeds where i live are superior to big red's, however, Verizon's coverage is unbeatable.
    -BBM. I never used it THAT much, but it still is cool
    -The support/coverage/and dedication of the Crackberry forums, just specifically for the iPhone too. This place, all the Mods, and all the Members, rock.
    -Full multitasking without having to Jailbreak. I have backgrounder, so i dont care, but i know some people dont want to jailbreak their iPhone, but still miss this feature..
    *Got more*
    -MMS definetly! AT&T needs to get there act together on this one. jeez it is ridiculous. Sorry i missed that.
    -Flash for the camera too! thx mantray82, i forgot what this was for a little while lol. Why cant apple give us a flash i dont get it?
    -A decent zoom function for the camera. I have no problem with the clarity of my pictures with my iPhone, unless im more than 8 feet away from someone!! we need a real zoom.

>Thats all ive got for now, if i think of more i will add it to the list. Storm and iPhone users share your thoughts!!
    Last edited by jah1373; 07-15-09 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Adding more to list
    07-15-09 10:41 AM
    Yeah my mine problem was not being able to multitask!!!!! And being able to make my own ring tones. And MMS messages! And flash and video recorder (iPhone 3G). Being able to add memory!
    07-15-09 10:43 AM
    I miss the red light too-

Also, I liked the 1st Gen iPhones aluminum body- Felt like a well made tank.
    07-15-09 10:44 AM
    Yeah my mine problem was not being able to multitask!!!!! And being able to make my own ring tones. And MMS messages! And flash and video recorder (iPhone 3G). Being able to add memory!
    i agree with you on everything but being able to add memory. 16 gigs is more than i will ever need for anything on a phone. I have my iPod with over 6000 songs on it for music, and always have one of my Macbooks with me, so memory is def not an issue with me for the iPhone.. it WAS an issure on my storm though ? ? ?
    07-15-09 10:51 AM
    I want to make a list of the [few] things that i actually miss from when i owned my Storm. This is only for people who have actually owned both devices at the same time. My current device is a 3GS btw. Here we go:
    - The flashing LED notification light. I LOVED this about the Storm. I get so excited when i see it turn red.
    -The solid metal battery cover. I really want the back of my iPhone to be the same aluminum that my air and pro are made of. Seems much more durable and sophisticated.
    -Verizon's coverage area. *NOTE: i dont want verizon's network, because the AT&T 3G speeds where i live are superior to big red's, however, Verizon's coverage is unbeatable.
    -BBM. I never used it THAT much, but it still is cool
    -The support/coverage/and dedication of the Crackberry forums, just specifically for the iPhone too. This place, all the Mods, and all the Members, rock.
    -Full multitasking without having to Jailbreak. I have backgrounder, so i dont care, but i know some people dont want to jailbreak their iPhone, but still miss this feature..
    *Got more*
    -MMS definetly! AT&T needs to get there act together on this one. jeez it is ridiculous. Sorry i missed that.
    -Flash for the camera too! thx mantray82, i forgot what this was for a little while lol. Why cant apple give us a flash i dont get it?
    -A decent zoom function for the camera. I have no problem with the clarity of my pictures with my iPhone, unless im more than 8 feet away from someone!! we need a real zoom.

>Thats all ive got for now, if i think of more i will add it to the list. Storm and iPhone users share your thoughts!!
    Gah, I hated the notification light =)

iPhone backplate was switched to plastic because of interference/signal issues. Brushed aluminum is much sexier though.

I deplore BBM =) Cause .. well, no reason.

Some pretty good forums out there for iPhone coverage:

www.theiphoneblog.com
    Apple & iPhone News | Forums | ModMyi.com
    iPhone 3GS Cases, accessories, news, reviews and iPhone forums

Agree on multi-tasking; i'm jailbroken as well. <3 Backgrounder!

MMS .. supposedly end of July; when it IS activated, the iPhone version of MMS is gonna smoke the Storm.

Flash on camera was left out because of battery concerns. That being said, the flash on the Storm isn't really a flash. Just an LED that lights the area :P On top of that there are some really awesome apps that can mimic flash after you take the photo. I have found with the touch-to-focus/balance, etc. you can actually expose the dark portions of a photo by playing around with where you focus. There's some seriously amazing photo's being taken in low-light conditions floating around the web. (EverythingiCafe and Flickr have some great stuff).

I agree on the Zoom, but there are plenty of Apps that could do it prior to 3.0, just have to wait for the updates. Zoom on almost every phone isn't optical but digital. Digital zoom is .. software based and you can accomplish it with after-photo Apps currently. Camera Zoom is waiting approval to update on the App store; that thing was perfect for zooming. Hopefully soon. Or Snapture for jailbreak folks; when they get it updated.

I think the only thing I miss about the Storm is the excitement of a leaked OS and trying out the hybrids of each OS in hopes that it would improve my Storm.
    07-15-09 11:51 AM
    This only falls under what I'd like the iPhone to get rather than what I miss about the Storm. Also, everything listed is a BlackBerry trait, not Storm specific.

I'd want:
    Led Indicator
    Xenon Flash for camera (or non at all. BBs flash sucks)
    Message Notifications (like the Pre with WebOS or even Android from Google)

Multitasking... would be good, but I understand why and can live w/o it. I have a Pre and my battery went from around 80% to about 2% with 8 pages/apps open in about 2 hours.
    07-15-09 12:11 PM
    Well I never really got into BBM so I don't really miss it.
    But the push e-mail for AOL, and the ease of adding Ringtones/Wallpapers (Themes. ). Is the biggest thing I miss about the storm
    07-15-09 12:16 PM
    I miss:
    • BBM
    • LED indicator
    • Multi-tasking (I have backgrounder and it rocks, but I shouldn't have to jailbreak)
    • AutoText
    • Camera flash and zoom
    • MMS (still not here)
    • SD Card slot
    • Ability to save email attachments to the phone
    Alot of these can all be added or fixed with software updates, so I am hopeful that we will get some of these things eventually.
    07-15-09 12:56 PM
    From my storm... I miss the lagginess performing basic funtions. I miss the fact the screen was harder to click in some places than others. I miss the business card falling out from behind my battery every time I did a battery pull. I miss my buttons falling off. I miss having to wait five seconds for the phone to lock and unlock. I miss os version .65 :-D. I miss taking videos on my storm and then trying to play them back while the storm is telling me the format is not supported. Anything else?

What i really do miss is my bb bold. So I bought one off eBay and will be sim swapping.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 01:56 PM
    From my storm... I miss the lagginess performing basic funtions. I miss the fact the screen was harder to click in some places than others. I miss the business card falling out from behind my battery every time I did a battery pull. I miss my buttons falling off. I miss having to wait five seconds for the phone to lock and unlock. I miss os version .65 :-D. I miss taking videos on my storm and then trying to play them back while the storm is telling me the format is not supported. Anything else?

What i really do miss is my bb bold. So I bought one off eBay and will be sim swapping.

Yea man I would really miss that stuff too haha. Yea SIM swapping between the Bold and the iPhone is very nice.

07-15-09 02:50 PM

haha freaking hilarious. i miss having to have an application that would simulate doing a battery pull so that the phone would run somewhat smoother. i miss having a seriously limited amount of app space. I miss not being able to type A's in landscape mode. and i miss having a seriously limited number of apps availble to poorly run on my device. Realistically, if my iPhone had an LED blinker, then i would be more than completely satisfied.
    07-15-09 05:02 PM
    I wish the audio was as good as my Storm. The Storm just has a better quality system. Don't get me wrong the iPhone is so much better for watching movies and media, no question. However, audio is very important to me, it's just as important to me as the visual. The Storm's audio picks up better ambient sound and louder noises such as explosions and gunfire are more distinct and crisper. I can't turn up my audio as high on the iPhone I could on the Storm without the sound getting distorted. Secondly, I prefer the Storm's scrolling. Call me crazy, but I like for the screen to stop when I lift my finger off the screen.
    Last edited by jbdale; 07-16-09 at 08:32 AM.
    07-15-09 10:17 PM
    Secondly, I prefer the Storm's scrolling. Call me crazy, but I like for the screen to stop when I lift my finger off the screen.
    That's really funny. The only thing I really miss on the iPhone is the ability to just page down instead of flick--- whoa! stop quick! I just want nice incremental downward motion...
    07-16-09 01:22 AM
    The thing I miss the most is running apps in the background. strangely I miss the sure press too I find my self pressing the screen on my iPhone at times.
    07-16-09 08:53 AM
    I miss being able to save email attachments.
    I never used BBM but I do wish the iphone had a native ichat app.
    07-16-09 09:15 AM
    I REALLY miss the ability to set my own alarm tones and the number of times they repeat. The damn 3GS built in sounds are mediocre and I NEVER hear them. I'm willing to bet Steve Jobs jailbreaks his 3GS it's so damn annoying.
    07-16-09 10:36 AM
    I miss having the ability to select phone ringer only at night and have everything else silenced. With the iPhone I'd have to go into settings and individually turn everything off. Does anyone know if there's a post-jailbreak app that can do this?
    07-16-09 10:39 AM
    well most of our wishes are easily fixed with jailbreaking.. I would bet some coin that Steve Jobs had a jailbroken iPhone, or just one that actually works an does everything we would want.
    The question is... how many of us iPhone users are informed enough and willing to jailbreak our devices?? What % of all iPhone users use a jailbroke iPhone?
    Last edited by jah1373; 07-16-09 at 01:44 PM. Reason: I had another point
    07-16-09 01:43 PM
    The thing I miss the most is running apps in the background. strangely I miss the sure press too I find my self pressing the screen on my iPhone at times.
    LOL, me too. Number one thing, not having to go through the hassle of replacing it.
    07-16-09 10:33 PM
    BBM
    Spell Check!
    Message LED
    07-17-09 07:29 AM
    i miss having insurance on my phone. it scares the crap out of me to carry around a 700$ device that has no type of coverage or anything. i have an otterbox impact series skin, that has good protection on the orners of my iPhone. ive dropped it one time, and it landed so hard it dented the plastic on the back.. scary stuff.

Ok really, i dont miss my storm at all not that i think of it, especially not the surepress screen. the iPhone is a vastly superior device its not fair.
    07-17-09 09:48 AM
    I miss lockups, how it switches to landscape seemingly randomly, the weird creaking sounds it makes when i press the volume rocker, waiting a crazy amount of time for it to unlock, oh yeah and blackberry messenger ; )
    07-17-09 09:23 PM
    i only miss bbm to talk to my fiance who has a storm still and the blinking led.

other than that ATT service in my area is great, love the wifi, and any other feature can be fixed with jailbreaking or apps so i dont really miss anything about the storm itself just blackberries i wish i could get bbm on my iphone
    07-18-09 02:17 AM
    Nothing at all!
    07-18-09 02:48 AM
    in my area, Northwest FL, my AT&T service is excellent. The 3G speeds are faster, and the service coverage is good. I do think Verizon's COVERAGE was a little better and i got service in a few more places then i do with the iPhone, but i think my 3GS may be faster on EDGE than a storm on EVDO.. lol. Does anyone else have any complaints or praises for AT&T? it seems like on these forums most people are willing to bash AT&T quickly especially if compared to Verizon (Storm sub forums )
    07-18-09 08:55 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD