Well after days of reading these forums there are some things that almost stoppd me from getting a iPhone

1. No LED notification, I thought was going to be a huge miss. It's not missed am surprised. As I always had the little LED light. So a non issue.
    2. Battery life, I thought this was going to be a biggie and low and behold the battery life is not bad at all, and remembr I came from a Tour with a extended battery life.
    3. AT&T service in NYC, well I have absoultely no problems with stellar data speed, sure blows my Sprint speeds away.
    4. Typing on a virtual screen, get this I prefer it over the physical keyboard am flying on this thing.
    5. Was weary of the whole Apple OS thing and let me say that
    am currently on line shopping for my first mac book pro, see I like the iPhone so much I want other Apple products.

So if anyone is reluctant to try a iPhone you have to give it a chance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by vikingjunior; 02-16-10 at 04:31 PM.
    02-16-10 04:27 PM
    I was same way at first,
    battery life isn't too bad just be smart
    played with iPod touch and was sold
    didn't want AT&T service and learned about unlocking. Able to use on local carrier that I was going to switch to over 2 years ago but stayed with verizon, b/c there were no phones I wanted to use. Monthly plan is great.

02-16-10 04:53 PM
    I had the same worries when I thought about switching. I came over to the iPhone after 5 storms. Needless to say 1 iPhone was better than 5 Storms. Things that I did think I was going to miss were so minuscule because the phone actually works and does everything well.
    02-16-10 05:12 PM
    There are very few things I miss about big red and/or blackberries... and AT&T is really not THAT bad... Unless you're out in the sticks or out of the big cities... and EDGE is definitely faster than vzw 1x network and just a little bit slower than their 3G....

Apple stuff rules... owned a macbook for 3 years and when you go back to windows you're like WTF is this ?!?!?!?!

Congrats on the iPhone purchase
    02-16-10 06:24 PM
    I had the same worries when I thought about switching. I came over to the iPhone after 5 storms. Needless to say 1 iPhone was better than 5 Storms. Things that I did think I was going to miss were so minuscule because the phone actually works and does everything well.
    You couldn't weather the storm...
    02-16-10 09:24 PM
    I'm in NYC area and have no issues either.
    02-16-10 10:01 PM
    depending on the new iphone I may jump over to At&T....but itll be hard for me to leave my current carrier,
    02-16-10 10:08 PM
    Great post good read, happy you decided on giving it a chance most people on this site just label it a "toy" and move on.
    02-16-10 10:09 PM
    Great post good read, happy you decided on giving it a chance most people on this site just label it a "toy" and move on.
    Then I guess macbooks and imacs are toys too lol

apple should release iphone vs blackberry commercials like mac vs pc.... it's basically the same thing lololol
    02-16-10 10:15 PM
    5. Was weary of the whole Apple OS thing and let me say that
    am currently on line shopping for my first mac book pro, see I like the iPhone so much I want other Apple products.

Welcome to the disease. Once you start using Apple products it's almost impossible to go back to a Windows machine. I have used both for years, but now if I can I avoid Windows like the plague. Enjoy your new iPhone and if you want a good deal on a macbook pro check out MacMall.com - The #1 Apple and Macintosh store and warehouse is MacMall.com. That is the best place to get good deals on mac products.
    02-17-10 01:27 AM
    Welcome to the disease. Once you start using Apple products it's almost impossible to go back to a Windows machine. I have used both for years, but now if I can I avoid Windows like the plague. Enjoy your new iPhone and if you want a good deal on a macbook pro check out MacMall.com - The #1 Apple and Macintosh store and warehouse is MacMall.com. That is the best place to get good deals on mac products.
    Amen to that... I had a friend call me about doing something on pc ... and i'm like ummmm lol.... It took a long while to recall... now if I can just get my father to convert my life will be 1000 times better... sick of the last night calls of my file disappeared lol
    02-17-10 02:11 AM
    Amen to that... I had a friend call me about doing something on pc ... and i'm like ummmm lol.... It took a long while to recall... now if I can just get my father to convert my life will be 1000 times better... sick of the last night calls of my file disappeared lol
    Man don't get me started, I was trying to set up a new Windows laptop for my mom, and all I could think about was how much more complicated things were on Windows. Granted it was Vista and 7 is much more Mac OS like then anything Windows has done to this point, but in the end once you go mac you never go back. LOL
    02-17-10 03:07 AM
    Then I guess macbooks and imacs are toys too lol

apple should release iphone vs blackberry commercials like mac vs pc.... it's basically the same thing lololol

For the record I own an iPod Touch and an iMac but am not switching to the iPhone anytime soon.
    Too many things I like about my BB. The things that the iPhone does better are down on my list for importance.
    I think we are going to see amazing things from BB in the next year.
    To compare Microsoft to Rim is nonsense. Rim like Apple is a true innovator while Microsoft was a marketing machine that put the dollar before the technology.
    02-17-10 05:46 AM
    For the record I own an iPod Touch and an iMac but am not switching to the iPhone anytime soon.
    Too many things I like about my BB. The things that the iPhone does better are down on my list for importance.
    I think we are going to see amazing things from BB in the next year.
    To compare Microsoft to Rim is nonsense. Rim like Apple is a true innovator while Microsoft was a marketing machine that put the dollar before the technology.
    I think that's what it's all about what works for each individual, it's all about preference. I do have to disagree with you on one thing.. RIM is anything but a true innovator.. they haven't innovated anything in years..and if they do now (doubt) it is only because of the iPhone

How do you expect them to lead if they can't even follow.. just my $0.02. Right now I see Google and Apple leaving RIM behind.
    02-17-10 08:32 AM
    I think Apple's innovation is beyond most tech companies out there; the way apple products work with one another is just amazing. I have been an apple user since the funky colored macs and i once had an ipod that only worked with macs. Bberrys once had an edge and i loved them, but RIM is not developing its products fast enough to compete but instead it's finding itself catching up.
    02-17-10 08:33 AM
    I think that's what it's all about what works for each individual, it's all about preference. I do have to disagree with you on one thing.. RIM is anything but a true innovator.. they haven't innovated anything in years..and if they do now (doubt) it is only because of the iPhone

How do you expect them to lead if they can't even follow.. just my $0.02. Right now I see Google and Apple leaving RIM behind.
    I second this opinion, people have been saying I think were going to see great things from RIM this year for the past 5 years, it's not happening. Just take the blackberry presenter and run with it lol
    02-17-10 08:36 AM
    Right now RIM is using the data hog excuse.... just more excuses.. while Apple is doing everything but complaining, anyone see the difference here... Bueller.. Bueller.
    02-17-10 08:37 AM
    One thing that a lot of people don't seem to get about Apple is that they are not into trying to "woo" you with a whole bunch of specs. They are about the user experience and making sure that whatever they put on a device or computer works without kinks. And a macbook user and iPhone user, I value much more my user experience than the specs.

So many people criticized the iPhone for the things it didn't do (cut and paste, video recording, no flash etc....) but Apple didn't care about making those necessary. They wanted you to like using the device. I mean I don't care about flash on the camera if I get errors when I open it up. So while people were worrying about what the iPhone didn't do they sat their in ignorance with battery pulls, frozen/laggy OS and touted they phone because it had flash or mms.

Same for macbooks. You can get a PC laptop for 600 bucks with double the specs plus extras compared to the macbook entry level which will cost at least 400 bucks more. But you don't have to worry about the junk that PC users go through. I don't have to defragment my hard drive, run spyware and adware everyday have my computer freeze and get slower with every program I put on there. So while I don't have 4GB of ram and a 320 GB HD I also don't have my user experience compromised by the dealing with a PC.
    02-18-10 02:46 PM
    One thing that a lot of people don't seem to get about Apple is that they are not into trying to "woo" you with a whole bunch of specs. They are about the user experience and making sure that whatever they put on a device or computer works without kinks. And a macbook user and iPhone user, I value much more my user experience than the specs.

So many people criticized the iPhone for the things it didn't do (cut and paste, video recording, no flash etc....) but Apple didn't care about making those necessary. They wanted you to like using the device. I mean I don't care about flash on the camera if I get errors when I open it up. So while people were worrying about what the iPhone didn't do they sat their in ignorance with battery pulls, frozen/laggy OS and touted they phone because it had flash or mms.

Same for macbooks. You can get a PC laptop for 600 bucks with double the specs plus extras compared to the macbook entry level which will cost at least 400 bucks more. But you don't have to worry about the junk that PC users go through. I don't have to defragment my hard drive, run spyware and adware everyday have my computer freeze and get slower with every program I put on there. So while I don't have 4GB of ram and a 320 GB HD I also don't have my user experience compromised by the dealing with a PC.
    Very well said, though I do have 4G of ram and a 500 gig HD on my macbook pro. Yes I paid for it but to me it's worth it.
    02-18-10 03:55 PM

I couldn't have said it any better myself. Good stuff.
    02-18-10 04:05 PM

this has been my argument with Blackberry and Android fanboys for some time now. Apple aka Steve Jobs has never been about bogging his products down with every hot thing that is released just because it is hot at the moment. They are all about making great and easy to use consumer products, as well a attractive products. Believe me if apple wanted to cram all the latest software they would. I just hope everyone catches on to HTML5.
    02-18-10 04:08 PM
    Very well said, though I do have 4G of ram and a 500 gig HD on my macbook pro. Yes I paid for it but to me it's worth it.
    and now you can get a macbook with a 1 TB HD for $1150... go figure lol
    02-18-10 05:12 PM
    previous mac owner, iPhone owner, Apple despiser. keep steve jobs' crappy tunnel vision products away from anything i do. thanks.
    02-18-10 05:27 PM
    previous mac owner, iPhone owner, Apple despiser. keep steve jobs' crappy tunnel vision products away from anything i do. thanks.
    So WTF are you doing in the iPhone thread? Go away thanx.
    02-18-10 05:36 PM
    and now you can get a macbook with a 1 TB HD for $1150... go figure lol
    I know, but I have a 1TB external so I wouldn't need it anyway.
    02-18-10 05:37 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD