So WTF are you doing in the iPhone thread? Go away thanx.
    i own an iPhone3gs and have as much right to post here as anyone, just because im not suckling the steve jobs udder like yourself doesn't mean my opinion is any less valid.
    02-18-10 05:41 PM
    i own an iPhone3gs and have as much right to post here as anyone, just because im not suckling the steve jobs udder like yourself doesn't mean my opinion is any less valid.
    Great reply, go for the gut right. I asked a question, and you sounded like you hated Apple. Anyway I really do not care about anything people like you have to say.
    02-18-10 05:44 PM
    good. glad to hear it.
    02-18-10 05:49 PM
    Well after days of reading these forums there are some things that almost stoppd me from getting a iPhone

1. No LED notification, I thought was going to be a huge miss. It's not missed am surprised. As I always had the little LED light. So a non issue.
    2. Battery life, I thought this was going to be a biggie and low and behold the battery life is not bad at all, and remembr I came from a Tour with a extended battery life.
    3. AT&T service in NYC, well I have absoultely no problems with stellar data speed, sure blows my Sprint speeds away.
    4. Typing on a virtual screen, get this I prefer it over the physical keyboard am flying on this thing.
    5. Was weary of the whole Apple OS thing and let me say that
    am currently on line shopping for my first mac book pro, see I like the iPhone so much I want other Apple products.

So if anyone is reluctant to try a iPhone you have to give it a chance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Good post. I 'm actually syncing my new iphone as I type this. Coming from the Tour with the extended battery I am glad to hear that it's not as bad as everyone makes it seem. And I so far can agree with your statments. Speed is better so far LED is no biggy. The typing I will have to get more used to but took a few days with my first blackberry also.
    02-18-10 09:04 PM
    Good post. I 'm actually syncing my new iphone as I type this. Coming from the Tour with the extended battery I am glad to hear that it's not as bad as everyone makes it seem. And I so far can agree with your statments. Speed is better so far LED is no biggy. The typing I will have to get more used to but took a few days with my first blackberry also.
    yea the typing is no biggy. And the auto-correct is amazing. See one thing people dont know about the apple software is that is has this tricky little system where it remembers letters you usually type and the keyboard actually adjust to your typing habits making it easier to type on and make less mistakes. like for instance say you never use the x key when typing depending on the vocabulary you use when you go to use that key one day you'll notice its harder to click on the keyboard will actually try and make you hit either key on the side of your x key. Some would say thats bad but its actually pretty handy.
    02-18-10 11:38 PM
    yea the typing is no biggy. And the auto-correct is amazing. See one thing people dont know about the apple software is that is has this tricky little system where it remembers letters you usually type and the keyboard actually adjust to your typing habits making it easier to type on and make less mistakes. like for instance say you never use the x key when typing depending on the vocabulary you use when you go to use that key one day you'll notice its harder to click on the keyboard will actually try and make you hit either key on the side of your x key. Some would say thats bad but its actually pretty handy.
    Yep that's what I hear. I gets better with time. I'm still have in withdrawl from the BB only cuz I have to relearn. But after the weekend I 'll be settled in no doubt.
    02-19-10 07:46 AM
    Very well said, though I do have 4G of ram and a 500 gig HD on my macbook pro. Yes I paid for it but to me it's worth it.
    Yes I agree it's worth it especially if you need it. You obviously know my point was that other companies try to get people with specs and they can price stuff half the price of Apple's stuff and give you twice the specs. But to me none of this means anything if what you have isn't easy or fun to use. So do I pay 600 bucks for a Toshiba laptop that had a 320 GB HD 4GHZ processor, media controls, etc... or do I pay 1000 to get a macbook pro that had 160GB HD 2GHZ processor without the rest of the bells and whistles.

Some people fall in love with the specs while, I on the other hand prefer the Mac because it wouldn't have all the specs at nowhere near the same price, but it would work and everything on it will work, frustration-free. And this is the same way I feel about the iPhone. Sure it doesn't have each and every feature you would like but at the same time, everything it does, it works without problems. No frozen OS, laggy OS, battery pulls, random reboots, half-assed features like media player, browser, youtube, etc...

Apple's slogan should say, "Everything it does, it does it well". While Microsoft's slogan should say, "It does everything, but only a few things it does well.".
    02-19-10 08:50 AM
    I'm still upset that there's no LED lol. I know it's a 'tiny' flaw but I feel so lost without it.

I'm gonna try it a few days.. so we'll see if it is as you say - a lower concern.
    03-12-10 10:44 PM
    Yes I agree it's worth it especially if you need it. You obviously know my point was that other companies try to get people with specs and they can price stuff half the price of Apple's stuff and give you twice the specs. But to me none of this means anything if what you have isn't easy or fun to use. So do I pay 600 bucks for a Toshiba laptop that had a 320 GB HD 4GHZ processor, media controls, etc... or do I pay 1000 to get a macbook pro that had 160GB HD 2GHZ processor without the rest of the bells and whistles.

Some people fall in love with the specs while, I on the other hand prefer the Mac because it wouldn't have all the specs at nowhere near the same price, but it would work and everything on it will work, frustration-free. And this is the same way I feel about the iPhone. Sure it doesn't have each and every feature you would like but at the same time, everything it does, it works without problems. No frozen OS, laggy OS, battery pulls, random reboots, half-assed features like media player, browser, youtube, etc...

Apple's slogan should say, "Everything it does, it does it well". While Microsoft's slogan should say, "It does everything, but only a few things it does well.".
    I'm happy with mine except for the browser. Every 2 weeks or so it freezes up and stops responding. I have to clear cache, history and cookies, then restart it. Sound familiar? Yep, just like I did with my curve.

Other than that, yes, it just works.
    03-12-10 11:09 PM
    My browser has been fine for months... Might have been something you installed.
    03-12-10 11:15 PM
    I think that's what it's all about what works for each individual, it's all about preference. I do have to disagree with you on one thing.. RIM is anything but a true innovator.. they haven't innovated anything in years..and if they do now (doubt) it is only because of the iPhone

How do you expect them to lead if they can't even follow.. just my $0.02. Right now I see Google and Apple leaving RIM behind.
    That's an opinion what you are saying and not a fact. I am a big Mac user, Imac, Ipod... but still run BB because I'm not stupid enough to promote ATT "less bars in more places" service. The thing you need to realize is that the Iphone is great of course and I would love to have one but on some levels, it doesn't even get close. Rim is innovative, they are not followers, do some research and you'll see how many more customers they have. The Iphone is only 4% of ATT's clientele for the record. Now as far as apps, hands down the Iphone ad even software wise. As far as email, the way it's managed pushed and all that, the Iphone can't even dream to be close. Of course, like you said, RIM is trying hard because of the Iphone but isn't competition healthy as Steve Jobs stated on his HTC lawsuit??? I think that RIM has made some bad decisions in the past such as the storm1 especially but they are biting their fingers over it I can assure you of that! So stating that RIM has not innovated for years is a little bit of an Overkill. I mean in that case I could say that Apple didn't innovate for years with the Iphone either because since 2007 what did they add??? 3G, cut and paste, video camera, picture messages over their 3 devices. I hate to say that since I love Apple but some of these features have existed for almost 20 years!!! Did you ever think about that. You probably hate me by now but that's ok, just wanted to give another take on it!
    03-15-10 12:56 AM
    I like my BB physical keyboard but I didn't mind the iPhone keyboard and could type just as fast on it. I probably couldn't go back to an iPhone if only because of the reception quality - it didn't come close to my BlackBerry Curve. And well, the LED. I so much prefer the customizable colour of the LED over customizable ring tones. I do very much miss the iTunes App Store though...
    03-15-10 02:42 AM
    I am a late comer to the iPhone game. Picked up my first iPhone back in June 2009 when the 3GS was released. Dropped my BB like a bad habit and never looked back. Well, I looked back once and went right back to the iPhone Throw in an LED, better camera, camera flash, notifications and just a little customization and I'd be a happy camper. Also, maybe it make it a tad thinner. That would make the iPhone the perfect smartphone in my opinion. Believe it or not, I can do without multi-tasking. Multi-tasking would definitely be a battery killer.
    03-15-10 04:34 AM
    I am a late comer to the iPhone game. Picked up my first iPhone back in June 2009 when the 3GS was released. Dropped my BB like a bad habit and never looked back. Well, I looked back once and went right back to the iPhone Throw in an LED, better camera, camera flash, notifications and just a little customization and I'd be a happy camper. Also, maybe it make it a tad thinner. That would make the iPhone the perfect smartphone in my opinion. Believe it or not, I can do without multi-tasking. Multi-tasking would definitely be a battery killer.
    I've never understood the expression dropping something like a bad habit...most people never drop their bad habits these are in fact re-enforced. I think device functionality wise the berry may edge the iphone by a tad but apple's innovation is unrivaled right now. All the apps i use on the berry are far better on the iphone i.e Slacker radio and this is the reason i use an iphone primarily.
    03-15-10 07:41 AM
    My issue is the poor screen resolution compared to the droid. I carry a droid and a tour because my company won't use the droid with work email (limited activesync security policies) and I could consolidate with the iPhone (which is supported), but the screen resolution is so poor not sure I'll be happy making the switch. Also, new iphone coming out in a few months so I'll just wait for that.
    03-15-10 10:37 AM
    My issue is the poor screen resolution compared to the droid. I carry a droid and a tour because my company won't use the droid with work email (limited activesync security policies) and I could consolidate with the iPhone (which is supported), but the screen resolution is so poor not sure I'll be happy making the switch. Also, new iphone coming out in a few months so I'll just wait for that.
    Unfortunately, it's the way of technology. In a couple months, we'll probably see something that comes out that makes the Droid's resolution look dull. Tech firms play a constant game on one-up. Driving us all insane lol.
    03-15-10 01:59 PM
    After going back to BB, I went back to my iPhone within a week. I would say that is dropping something like a bad habit and I don't see going back BB unless I am forced to, ie, for work or something.

I've never understood the expression dropping something like a bad habit...most people never drop their bad habits these are in fact re-enforced. I think device functionality wise the berry may edge the iphone by a tad but apple's innovation is unrivaled right now. All the apps i use on the berry are far better on the iphone i.e Slacker radio and this is the reason i use an iphone primarily.
    03-15-10 07:12 PM
    Unfortunately, it's the way of technology. In a couple months, we'll probably see something that comes out that makes the Droid's resolution look dull. Tech firms play a constant game on one-up. Driving us all insane lol.
    Maybe, but the iPhone battery sucked when it came out. The screen resolution was OK at the time, though.

I prefer the Droid's OS to the iPhone's in a lot of ways, and for a business/personal device it would be better if it fully supported activesync security policies like the iPhone does. Until it does, iPhone is the best personal/business device IMO.
    03-16-10 01:02 PM
    previous mac owner, iPhone owner, Apple despiser. keep steve jobs' crappy tunnel vision products away from anything i do. thanks.
    Love it! Keep the crappy products away, but I am here because I own an iPhone..?? lol
    03-17-10 11:29 AM
    previous mac owner, iPhone owner, Apple despiser. keep steve jobs' crappy tunnel vision products away from anything i do. thanks.
    Seems like RIM sees some of his tunnle vision ideas as valuable. (Blackberry App Store, threaded SMS, Blackberry Storm...) I think you get the point.
    03-17-10 11:46 AM
    Seems like RIM sees some of his tunnle vision ideas as valuable. (Blackberry App Store, threaded SMS, Blackberry Storm...) I think you get the point.
    That really is a good point that you made. The Storm would not exist if it had not been for the iPhone. What's really funny is that RIM can't even copy a good model without messing it up somehow. The Storm is really not a good phone and SurePress is one of the worst ideas I have ever seen. The RIM app store is a complete joke when compared to the Apple version.
    03-17-10 08:32 PM
    Only if Flash was available and multitasking.

03-19-10 01:15 PM
    I really miss the hourglass on my bb.
    03-19-10 01:49 PM
    Only if Flash was available and multitasking.

Why Flash? That would make the battery life even shorter than it already is.
    03-19-10 03:05 PM
    That really is a good point that you made. The Storm would not exist if it had not been for the iPhone. What's really funny is that RIM can't even copy a good model without messing it up somehow. The Storm is really not a good phone and SurePress is one of the worst ideas I have ever seen. The RIM app store is a complete joke when compared to the Apple version.
    I like the Storm and I think that surepress with suretype is amazing. I think that the Storm will reach a greater potentila when the new browser comes. Incidentally, I don't think that the Storm is as good as the iphone, but it is a really good device.

03-21-10 05:02 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD