I am constantly annoyed by auto-correct. It makes me waste so much time. It constantly mis-predicts what I want to say and sometimes even when I click on the little x mark it doesnt notice it. This is extremely annoying. I know it's informal but I often start texts off with Yo and auto-text will switch it to 'To'. I feel I would be far better off without auto-correct, so again, is there anyway to turn it off?
    11-02-11 11:58 PM
    Settings > General > Keyboard > Slide Auto-Correction Off
    AZ87 and Berrysmoothy like this.
    11-03-11 12:04 AM
    Thanks. I don't know why I didn't try this sooner
    11-03-11 12:17 AM
    Thanks. I don't know why I didn't try this sooner
    This is the first thing I turn off with any new phone I get touchscreen or not. I absolutely hate auto-correction.
    kbz1960 and Berrysmoothy like this.
    11-03-11 12:19 AM
    This is the first thing I turn off with any new phone I get touchscreen or not. I absolutely hate auto-correction.
    That's smart. In the minimal texting since switching I've been doing I feel I've been about the same since my mind is ready for the auto-correct but I'm sure I'll adapt quickly and be faster soon. I appreciate the tip
    11-03-11 01:10 AM
    I would think that settings like this would be in your user manual... #justsayin...
    11-03-11 09:12 AM
    I would think that settings like this would be in your user manual... #justsayin...
    No need for your smart*** comment. These forums are to help people which apparently you don't understand. #justsayin
    11-03-11 02:47 PM
    I love auto-correct, personally. And I love the keyboard shortcuts too.
    11-03-11 03:33 PM
    did you get your answer? General -> keyboard -> auto correct. I frankly don't like the feature either, especially when it mispredicts the word I want. I find myself typing the same thing three times before I get smart and press the "x".
    11-03-11 04:06 PM
    did you get your answer? General -> keyboard -> auto correct. I frankly don't like the feature either, especially when it mispredicts the word I want. I find myself typing the same thing three times before I get smart and press the "x".
    Lmao, i7, I do the same sh!t on my iPad when typing on the forum...the best is when I went to type "bbm" one day and it replaced it with "bum" LOL.

After a couple of tries, the light bulb goes on and I tap the "X"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-11 04:29 PM
    No need for your smart*** comment. These forums are to help people which apparently you don't understand. #justsayin
    I'm not being a smart-arse.. it's just that if people took the time to look through their operations manual that comes with the phone, many of these questions could be answered. Granted, not every issue is covered in the owners manual, but I'm betting that a good majority of them are.

Oh and I do understand these forums are here to help people.. but thanks for pointing that out anywayz...
    11-03-11 05:49 PM
    I'm not being a smart-arse.. it's just that if people took the time to look through their operations manual that comes with the phone, many of these questions could be answered. Granted, not every issue is covered in the owners manual, but I'm betting that a good majority of them are.

Oh and I do understand these forums are here to help people.. but thanks for pointing that out anywayz...
    well i will give you a helpful tip, the iPhone only comes with a quick reference book. Not a user's manual. The actual manual is available on apple's website. Which if you don't have much time to download and read this forum is a great helping tool.
    11-03-11 07:23 PM
    well i will give you a helpful tip, the iPhone only comes with a quick reference book. Not a user's manual. The actual manual is available on apple's website. Which if you don't have much time to download and read this forum is a great helping tool.
    I know.. I downloaded the user manual myself...but short of that, yes, these forums are a great source of information, tips, and tricks.

My point was simply that many of the simple questions asked in these and other forums could easily be answered by simply looking in the manual. But even with a manual, i realize that a lot of what is asked in these forums simply isn't covered, or isn''t covered in enough detail in the manual...thus making it handy to have these forums to ask questions.
    11-03-11 11:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD