anybody do it yet? I'm thinking about buying an Iphone 4 since I busted my screen on my 9700 Bold, but I need internet tethering usage...I plan on using my $30 grandfather BB plan on the iphone if I do it, but I bought tetherberry and LOVE tetherberry...works wonders for me....

I need basically the same thing for an Iphone if they have it....anybody know what the options are? Fast responses would be greatly appreciated because i'll be purchasing something tomorrow afternoon....i'd love to convert to Iphone to try something new, but if I can't figure the tethering ish out then i'll goto the Torch.

any suggestions?
    10-14-10 10:59 PM
    For iPhone 4, here are your options.

1. Get the AT&T tethering package, which is $45 a month with a 2GB limit.
    2. Jailbreak it and install MyWi, a $19.99 app on Cydia which creates a WiFi hotspot.
    3. Jailbreak it and install iTether, a $5 app on Cydia that lets you tether via Bluetooth.
    4. Jailbreak it and look for some other tethering app.
    10-14-10 11:38 PM
    how can I go about jailbreaking it? i'm kinda new to the iphone arena...is it relatively simple to do? and if for some reason I mess the process up will i mess the phone up as a whole?
    10-15-10 12:10 AM
    how can I go about jailbreaking it? i'm kinda new to the iphone arena...is it relatively simple to do? and if for some reason I mess the process up will i mess the phone up as a whole?
    Jailbreaking is pretty easy. I did it the other day using limera1n, it's not as easy as the previous one (when all you had to do was go to a website and slide your finger), but as long as you have two hands and at least 2 fingers and one thumb, you shouldn't have any problems doing it. As for messing up your phone, that's highly unlikely. Even if you mess it up, it's pretty easy to get it back to normal, like a minute or two.
    10-15-10 12:18 AM
    What ROO said and to add an iPhone is not a BB. When jailbreaking the phone it is very hard to mess up and brick the phone, unlike BB that is easy to brick.
    10-15-10 06:48 AM
    alright cool...can tethering happen via usb cord or w/e? or does it have to be bluetooth? because i'm not sure if my laptop has bluetooth set up on it.
    10-15-10 03:27 PM
    alright cool...can tethering happen via usb cord or w/e? or does it have to be bluetooth? because i'm not sure if my laptop has bluetooth set up on it.
    Option 2 above.
    10-15-10 03:42 PM
    crazy question, but how do I know if my laptop is bluetooth compatible?
    10-15-10 04:25 PM
    I presume you have PC. If that's the case check Device Manager. Right click on "My Computer" and select "Manage." On the window to the left you should see "Device Manager." Select that and you should see stuff related to Bluetooth. Also, if you have Bluetooth on your computer, you should see the Bluetooth icon on the notifications area.
    10-15-10 05:08 PM
    I have a dell laptop...i'm looking around in device manager and can't find anything bluetooth related....you know of any sites I could download a bluetooth driver of some sort? I could've swore just a couple days ago Dell randomly told me download a bluetooth type of deal but I can't find it....and also, is there anyway of downloading Microsoft Outlook so I can sync my addresses? or is that something I gotta do manually?

so far i'm enjoying the iphone, going to check into jailbreaking it here soon and that tethering deal
    10-16-10 09:41 PM
    and also, what does creating a wifi hotspot mean? What does that do?
    10-16-10 09:43 PM
    and also, what does creating a wifi hotspot mean? What does that do?
    You can connect multiple devices to your iPhone basically making the phone a wifi router
    10-16-10 09:52 PM
    niiiiice......so my laptop could detect my iphone and use it the connection that way?
    10-16-10 09:59 PM
    For iPhone 4, here are your options.

1. Get the AT&T tethering package, which is $45 a month with a 2GB limit.
    2. Jailbreak it and install MyWi, a $19.99 app on Cydia which creates a WiFi hotspot.
    3. Jailbreak it and install iTether, a $5 app on Cydia that lets you tether via Bluetooth.
    4. Jailbreak it and look for some other tethering app.
    So are you saying that if I use MyWi, with my $30 a month unlimited data plan, I won't get caught? I've bought and installed it and tested it out a few times, but I was worried that att would catch me.
    10-17-10 12:13 AM
    So are you saying that if I use MyWi, with my $30 a month unlimited data plan, I won't get caught? I've bought and installed it and tested it out a few times, but I was worried that att would catch me.
    Highly unlikely you AT&T will do something to you unless you really go overboard. I do it every now and then and regularly use about 6-7GB and there hasn't been any notice or anything.
    10-17-10 01:10 PM
    Highly unlikely you AT&T will do something to you unless you really go overboard. I do it every now and then and regularly use about 6-7GB and there hasn't been any notice or anything.
    Thanks Roo. I very rarely use it and even when I do, I don't use much data. I just wanted to make sure they didn't have something that would flag any user who was tethering without a tethering plan.
    10-17-10 01:43 PM
    iPad tethering does disappearing trick • The Register

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-10 12:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD