First, let me say this is my first post and I'm really not a "Post'er", so to speak.

My background with the BB's started with the 8330 about 2-3 years ago, and about a year ago upgraded to the 9000. Let me tell you, I've upgraded and downgraded OS's, wallpaper swapped/adjusted, bricked/unbricked, 507 errors, no OS errors, broken 3.5mm port, and on and on and on.... Guess what, I had fun doing ALL of those things and even had more fun putting it back together, yes, I am hooked on Crack-Berry that is.

So, why would I even ~try~ the "other" side of the tracks? Well opf course the answer is, I have an 8530 that my work issued me so I figured, what the ****. My summary is below, hope it helps you decide/undecide on the iphone.

Pros:
    1. Super, Duper fast browser. Period. Bar none, lightnoing fast. (But all us true BBers already know this so.....)
    2. There really is an app for "Almost" everything, as the commercials state. (See below what's shockingly missing in my cons)
    3. Sorry, being the geek I am, Word With Friends. Yes, this is a Pro for me.
    4. Endless amount of games with inmpressive graphics.
    5. Better camera/video clarity. (Did side-by-side with my Bold, which still is operational if you were wondering)

Now, enbough of the praise, let's get to the stuff that made me give back my friends "loaner" iphone:

Cons:
    1. USB mass storage mode not existant on an "out of box" unit. (Means you can't plug in your iphone and start searching, adding, editting folders and contents)
    2. "There's an App for everything" -or whatever the commercial says... What they don't tell you is there 200 apps that do about the same thing. Just as an example, I was looking for a call blocker and about 50+ brick breaker games came up as the reults. WTH???
    2a. There is NO, NONE, ZILCH, call blockers, screeners, either paid or non paid in there appstore. You must Jailbreak the thing to get the cool apps.
    2b. There is NO, NONE, ZILCH, themes options. Same boring appearance, but you can change the ~wallpaper~
    2c. There ringtone makers are jokes. My BB ringtone creator is lightyears ahead of what I tested and reviewed.
    3. There is NO, NONE, ZILCH, single button multi-launcher. Aka, Quicklaunch - shout out to Nikki-Soft!!! They are the best, IMO. Annoying how you have to navigate all the way to cetain areas to the settings, screen, etc.
    4. ITunes, you might as well put handcuffs on your music. -Tip- Use MediaMonley desktop software to manage media on an iphone.
    5. I personally couldn't text while driving. I know, I know, I just can't stop!!!
    6. Only 3rd party insuraance available.I read through the T&C's and it seemed "OK".
    7. Battery life is doo-doo!!! Make sure u ALWAYS have a charger with you. You won't last a day, I promise.
    8.9.& 10. Did I mention no call manager or themes? Oh Oi did, just making sure.
    11. One "official" appstore. 3rd party app designers have to use the jailbreak backdoor because of Apples Policies. (I undertand we have our "unlock" option on BB's but that's simply for multu carrier options, removing locked media, etc.

Summary: Very, very good piece of "internet in pocket", "Gamer in pocket", "Scrabble in pocket :-)..... But as us TRUE crackberry users know, we need full control, at least I do, of tweaking, adjusting, etc. Without doing the infamous "Jailbreak". Now, do have to mention that I only gave this thing a weeks usage but in thaty same timeframe, I've already loaded about 4-5 OS's, includoing hybrids. And I've tried them ALL on my bold, and not beause I have to, its because I wanted to.

I did the test run due to my 1 year upgrade coming up I. June and there was a potential decision making regarding runored 4G vs Slider. Now, can you guess which I would go with????

I'm Done Venting, thanks for reading!! BBB (Bleeding Blackberry Blood)

OUT!

Pin: 314cccbc
    In case you have any ?'S or comments.. Non-BB users, reply here.....

Now I'm OUT!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-10 12:56 AM
    Different strokes for..... you know the rest.

BTW, if you're that proficient messing with your BB, ONLY a Jailbroken iPhone will keep you passified. This should have been a given if you knew what was up. The new OS4 for it will address some of your cons, but if you like control, then you need to Jailbreak. Simple as that. After all, if you had a restrictive BES policy on your BB that limited app installs or even mass storage you'd have similar complaints. Look at it the same way.

05-05-10 01:07 AM
    I've read it twice now and I am still not sure what the point of this post is. Sounds like you are talking yourself out of an iPhone (not hard to do).

If you are trying to convince others then why do you really care? Stay with BB and enjoy it. You don't need to convince anyone but yourself.
    05-05-10 01:12 AM
    i liked the post

it was a fun and clever way of examining the ups and downs of life with a BB and a toy phone.

thanks to the OP
    05-05-10 08:23 AM
    I don't see why people get all up tight about jailbreaking. It's free, it's easy, and it adds functionality. Plug and done. Even without a jailbreak, RIM really can't hold a candle to the iPhone.
    05-05-10 11:30 AM
    Flipping hilarious, and spot on. But, still a good post for those on the fence. Albeit, I still say each person should try it for themselves...

Now, with regards to the battery. Mine last over a day. Number one rule lower the brightness. One doesn't need to be blinded to look at their iPhone

I've read it twice now and I am still not sure what the point of this post is. Sounds like you are talking yourself out of an iPhone (not hard to do).

If you are trying to convince others then why do you really care? Stay with BB and enjoy it. You don't need to convince anyone but yourself.
    05-05-10 12:18 PM
    i liked the post

it was a fun and clever way of examining the ups and downs of life with a BB and a toy phone.

thanks to the OP
    Quotes like this, crack me up! I have had both BB's and now have an Iphone and they are both great phones and have their own pros and cons. Just bc a phone has great apps and a gaming setup, it is called a toy phone. LMAO
    05-05-10 12:35 PM
    i liked the post

thanks to the OP
    How original.
    05-05-10 05:22 PM
    I look at the iPhone as more of a mini iPad than a phone. It's fine for playing games and infotainment but it's clumsy for communication and data entry. Too many taps and swipes and pointless transitions to do stuff. As a phone it's downright bad, not to mention AT&T.

And I think that anyone who knows what's up knows that the next update from Apple will brick their jailbroken iPhone.

05-05-10 06:23 PM
    i liked the post

thanks to the OP
    why is it a toy phone? better yet, if its a toy phone why is rim so up in arms trying to be like it. rim showcasing their 6.0 os in a dimwitted dance fashion isn't helping your cause any
    05-05-10 08:24 PM
    ...sounds to me like this is turning into an Apple vs. RIM bashing match. Tread carefully, otherwise I'll close this thread.
    05-05-10 08:43 PM
    Fair post. People need to weigh in whats important to them and then make an informed decision.

I text while driving too (me bad) and you simply cant do that with a touch screen.
    05-05-10 09:26 PM
    ...sounds to me like this is turning into an Apple vs. RIM bashing match. Tread carefully, otherwise I'll close this thread.

Oooo, dun dun dun...
    05-05-10 10:48 PM
    JRSCCivic98 - you're lucky I know you
    05-05-10 11:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD