Going to use Siri for everything to kill it faster.
    10-21-11 08:07 AM
    Only 20 mins talk but heavy usage otherwise... it's 11am. I've been using away since 8. sitting at 78%. Seems better but we'll see.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-11 10:05 AM
    My battery has been pretty amazing, but as I suspected, needs to be charged once a day with medium/heavy usage. Nothing out of the ordinary compared to my 9800.
    10-21-11 12:21 PM
    So here I am trying to kill this battery. off the charger at 6 a.m. using Siri for everything email (3) four or five texts. Set 3 appointments a couple of reminders and goofed around with it at lunch.

Battery at 56%
    10-21-11 12:56 PM
    hahaha. me too.

Me three .
    Taking a long time, down to 5% after being off charger 24 hours. That's a huge improvement over first couple days. Clearly there are strong & differing opinions about this. I decided if Apple recommends it, so be it.
    10-21-11 02:21 PM
    So here I am trying to kill this battery. off the charger at 6 a.m. using Siri for everything email (3) four or five texts. Set 3 appointments a couple of reminders and goofed around with it at lunch.

Battery at 56%
    Heh, keep going; the night is young

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    periwinklemoon likes this.
    10-21-11 02:37 PM
    Okay bluetooth on and used lots of texts down to 23% Die battery die!!!!
    periwinklemoon likes this.
    10-21-11 04:16 PM
    AP, how's that working out for you? Make some movies or something to give it a nudge, lol.

Mine finally drained to 1% and then shut off about 3:30. I put it on the wall charger. 2 hours later and it's up to 99%. It's never charged that fast in the week I've had it. But then it's the first time I used the wall plug, usually I hook it up to PC USB, if that makes a difference? I'll be curious to see how long this charge lasts, prior charge was exactly 24 hours before draining with average use for me.
    10-21-11 05:48 PM
    I'm shocked. I abused the heck out of it and it's at 45% at 8pm. Just over one hour of talk and heavy emails, txts.
    I woulda never believed it.

10-21-11 06:57 PM
    I'm shocked. I abused the heck out of it and it's at 45% at 8pm. Just over one hour of talk and heavy emails, txts.
    I woulda never believed it.

So this morning you had a full charge after a complete drain, 13 hour of abusing the heck out of it and still have 45%? That's good! I'm so curious to see what mine is going to show in the next 24 hours. Accidental Post must be hunched over his phone somewhere, fervently trying to make that battery die.
    10-21-11 07:33 PM
    So this morning you had a full charge after a complete drain, 13 hour of abusing the heck out of it and still have 45%? That's good! I'm so curious to see what mine is going to show in the next 24 hours. Accidental Post must be hunched over his phone somewhere, fervently trying to make that battery die.
    LOL. Yeah. Did a lot of everything except browsing (very minor). Good enough for me.

10-21-11 09:42 PM
    AP, how's that working out for you? Make some movies or something to give it a nudge, lol.

Mine finally drained to 1% and then shut off about 3:30. I put it on the wall charger. 2 hours later and it's up to 99%. It's never charged that fast in the week I've had it. But then it's the first time I used the wall plug, usually I hook it up to PC USB, if that makes a difference? I'll be curious to see how long this charge lasts, prior charge was exactly 24 hours before draining with average use for me.
    The wall charger is so much faster than the PC.
    10-22-11 06:49 AM
    The wall charger is so much faster than the PC.
    Too fast, IMO. You risk heating up the phone that way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-22-11 10:53 AM
    I think I found the culprit....under settings store I turned off all the auto download stuff and my battery has stabilized. I think the phone was polling constantly and killing the battery.
    10-22-11 11:30 AM
    Off the charge at 7 get fit is 5:30 average use still have 54%
    10-22-11 04:36 PM
    Battery life is the only thing that I have a problem with, but I'm so glad sprint got this phone
    10-22-11 08:52 PM
    I think I found the culprit....under settings store I turned off all the auto download stuff and my battery has stabilized. I think the phone was polling constantly and killing the battery.
    Where AP?? I don't have my iphone. in my hand. Under settings, you went to sub setting-- store?

10-22-11 09:46 PM
    Where AP?? I don't have my iphone. in my hand. Under settings, you went to sub setting-- store?

Settings, Store, then under Automatic Downloads you have options to automatically download Apps and Music purchased from other devices.
    10-22-11 09:50 PM
    And THIS made a big battery difference? Fantastic I'm. gonna go do it right now. Thank You

10-23-11 06:35 AM
    Settings, Store, then under Automatic Downloads you have options to automatically download Apps and Music purchased from other devices.
    But what if you don't have any other devices? Even if it's on, if there are no apps or music to download, it still eats up battery?
    10-23-11 07:05 AM
    I'm finding my iPhone 4 s to have lesser battery life than the 4 but it might just be that I am using it more than I did my 4
    10-23-11 07:43 AM
    But what if you don't have any other devices? Even if it's on, if there are no apps or music to download, it still eats up battery?
    I think it is polling iTunes.
    10-23-11 03:37 PM
    Like AP said, it might be polling iTunes/AppStore to see if you have anything going on even though you have no other devices.

Turn it off (if it already isn't), and see if it makes any difference.
    10-23-11 03:51 PM
    I think I'm concerned. My battery has been doing really well since the drain/recharge. First evening it was at 58% so I put it on the charger (USB) just in case. Last night I put it on the USB charger at around 34%. It was on there a good 8 hours, but this morning it's only at 97%. I wonder why it didn't charge up all the way?
    10-24-11 05:39 AM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD