I turned off iCloud and it made a positive batt difference. If you really think about it-- you could turn on iCloud at night when it's on the base and let it do its business. Who cares if it's not "clouding" every little thing all day. Another thing is, as belfast mentioned above, his 9900 improved drastically a couple weeks in. MY 9900 is a different animal batt-wise since I went to 7.0.0.440.
    So let's not forget-- we're only on 5.0. I'm sure up and coming OS releases will fix all the little stuff.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    how do you turn iCloud off/on from iphone? sorry this is my first iphone. im a blackberry user lol
    10-19-11 11:24 AM
    Settings iCloud then turn off all items.....

Also turn off auto downloading in the store.

Setting>>>>> store
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 10-19-11 at 11:44 AM.
    10-19-11 11:39 AM
    how do you turn iCloud off/on from iphone? sorry this is my first iphone. im a blackberry user lol
    I think it's in settings with a section of its own

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-19-11 11:39 AM
    Settings iCloud then turn off all items.....

Also turn off auto downloading in the store.

Setting>>>>> store
    ok so when u get home and charge phone you turn all these on? and then off in the morning vice versa? what about your icloud backup...how do u have that on or off. FYI...i got iphone4s on friday of last week...i totally been forgetting to close apps in the background...didnt know how...i finally did this like 10 mins ago...and i had over 15 apps running in the background since last friday...no wonder my battery life is horrible lol
    10-19-11 11:49 AM
    iCloud backup will only run when your phone is plugged in and on a wifi network
    10-19-11 12:27 PM
    pwinkle..........DO NOT DRAIN THE BATTERY....lithium Batteries DO NOT need calibrating. There are tons of articles explaining why. But trust me do NOT drain the battery.

look for my post....

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...thread-645200/
    Ah, shoot! It was down to 8% when I saw your post. I didn't even hit the link you posted, just immediately slapped it on the charger, then went to the link. It says no lower than 20%. I hope I didn't hurt it?!?

And thank you for that heads up!!
    10-19-11 01:07 PM
    Per apple, full cycle once a month. But so far, run time has been solid. Then again, I'm running off my android tether since I can't activate until my folks' family plan change takes effect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-19-11 01:54 PM
    Today was even worse for me. Locations off. iCloud off.

Very little Safari surfing. 15 texts and 22 emails. After 5 hours of being off the charger, down to 26%.

I dont know if I am going to be able to deal with this. Love this phone. HATE this battery. A few more days and it may have to go back.
    10-19-11 06:41 PM
    iCloud backup will only run when your phone is plugged in and on a wifi network
    Yeah. you're right about the iCloud backup but I believe the little stuff like calendars , reminders etc are constantly checking in and updating cause when I do something to one phone it appears in the other. I know stuff like contacts is because of my exchange setup but some stuff is through iCloud.

10-19-11 08:33 PM
    I copied this right from Apples web site:

Use iPhone Regularly
    For proper maintenance of a lithium-based battery, it’s important to keep the electrons in it moving occasionally. Be sure to go through at least one charge cycle per month (charging the battery to 100% and then completely running it down).

Apple - Batteries - iPhone

I did this last night until my phone shut itself down. I recharged in half the time and life is much better today....running 6 hours 13 minutes; 1 hour 40 minute usage, sitting at 86%.
    Accidental Post likes this.
    10-20-11 11:22 AM
    If I turn off the 3G radio, the battery lasts forever (90% at the end of the day).
    10-20-11 01:00 PM
    If I turn off the 3G radio, the battery lasts forever (90% at the end of the day).
    Do you mean turn the network to 2G or turn the network completely off?

10-20-11 01:10 PM
    I copied this right from Apples web site:

Use iPhone Regularly
    For proper maintenance of a lithium-based battery, it�s important to keep the electrons in it moving occasionally. Be sure to go through at least one charge cycle per month (charging the battery to 100% and then completely running it down).

Apple - Batteries - iPhone

I did this last night until my phone shut itself down. I recharged in half the time and life is much better today....running 6 hours 13 minutes; 1 hour 40 minute usage, sitting at 86%.

It works? Not debating but what Apple is saying is counter to every l-ion battery article I have read.

Thanks for the info now we are back to draining and charging because Apple uses lithium polymer..
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 10-20-11 at 01:41 PM.
    10-20-11 01:39 PM
    AccidentalPost - I had seen your posts and wasn't letting it drain, but then I came across that thought I would give it a shot. Seems to have done the job, but I would not do it all time.... but 8 hours 41 minutes running 2.5 hours usage and sitting at 80%

About 3G...how do you turn it off on IOS 5...the option to toggle is gone now....
    10-20-11 01:49 PM
    Thanks Gregs going to try that myself.....

Damn battery companies one years its charge and drain next year it's charge.charge and charge some more, now we're back to charge and drain....
    10-20-11 02:14 PM
    See Apple does weird stuff with it's batteries. I do the drain charge thing with my MBP once a quarter, never thought to do it to my phone............
    10-20-11 02:15 PM
    Do you mean turn the network to 2G or turn the network completely off?

I mean turn the radio completely off.
    10-20-11 08:09 PM
    See Apple does weird stuff with it's batteries. I do the drain charge thing with my MBP once a quarter, never thought to do it to my phone............
    They use the same battery technology.
    10-20-11 08:16 PM
    pwinkle..........DO NOT DRAIN THE BATTERY....lithium Batteries DO NOT need calibrating. There are tons of articles explaining why. But trust me do NOT drain the battery.

look for my post....

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...thread-645200/
    I'm with you on this one.
    Whether it's the iPhone 4 or the Bold Touch, I don't let it go to a complete drain.
    It is unhealthy for the battery.
    10-20-11 08:25 PM
    I mean turn the radio completely off.
    In that case that's pretty fast drainage unless constantly connected to wifi.

10-21-11 12:04 AM
    Lithium-Polymer batteries may need calibrating -- maybe not need, but they can benefit -- whereas Lithium-Ion might not (not sure on the LiIon). iPhones use Lithium-Polymer, so calibrating may be beneficial.
    10-21-11 02:07 AM
    They're the same animal, on the inside:

Li-polymer Battery: Substance or Hype?
    10-21-11 04:00 AM
    Well. I've been avoiding draining as a rule. Yesterday I had my worst batt stats ever (android-level bad). So last night, I ran a movie on netflix on 3G till the phone konked out. Charged it up full and today is a new day-- let's see what happens. Another thing to note is that there have always been cases that are auxiliary battery backs as well. I've never considered using one because they look rediculous. Well a lot of the manufacturers have now made super-slim ones. They're probably as slim or slimmer than previous slim regular cases. I may just use one cause they add anywhere fron 2000 to 4200 milliamps. The 2000 ones are the really slim ones and they'll literally double or more your stats.

10-21-11 06:08 AM
    Operation kill battery is on today. I will keep you posted....
    periwinklemoon likes this.
    10-21-11 07:01 AM
    Operation kill battery is on today. I will keep you posted....
    hahaha. me too.

periwinklemoon likes this.
    10-21-11 07:50 AM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD