I'm on my ip4s..... I don't get it... it's Sunday--I've done 2 SMS. received 5 emails and done zero talking and my batt is at 33% at 2:15pm ( off the base at 8:30am.) It worked well the past couple of days. I'm trying to see what if anything I've done different (setting-wise) today. I'm thinking it may be that I'm home and 3G isn't as good here as it is in town... at work.
    I'm also trying to remember if I've done anything different with regards to the iCloud thingy. I'm thinking that could be a potential energy-sucker. Any input?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-11 01:22 PM
    Something I did notice. If you have multiple i devices on your iTunes account, and have the auto download turned on for all of them, it downloads all apps and music bought to all devices. My son brought this to my attention, when I synced my i4S, it downloaded all my apps to his i4. Don't know if this has anything to do with your situation, but it's possible. I'm having really good battery life, better than my jail broken i4.
    10-16-11 01:30 PM
    I don't think that it should be that bad regardless of settings. Sounds almost like a defective battery. Might want to take it to Apple.
    10-16-11 01:35 PM
    --thanks for the input guys.
    I'm gonna keep an eye on it. I don't think it's the battery itself because it's been performing admirably (before today).

10-16-11 01:39 PM
    Sorry Ted, it indeed may be a faulty battery. Hope it straightens out for you.
    10-16-11 01:47 PM
    don't worry pils, I got a stockroom full of them! lol :-)

On a serious note-- I turned on the batt percentage function and I was loosing a percentage point every couple of minutes.
    I did a reset ( as in-- keep the power and home buttons pressed simultaneously until the apple logo appears) and now the power drop stopped dead in it tracks and has been holding steady at 21%.
    I guess Apples need batt pulls too. :-)

10-16-11 02:10 PM
    Ted, the reset doesn't actually reset it to factory defaults, right? I might try the reset because my battery doesn't seem to be that great and I haven't done a reset since I activated it Friday night.
    10-16-11 06:25 PM
    Ted, the reset doesn't actually reset it to factory defaults, right? I might try the reset because my battery doesn't seem to be that great and I haven't done a reset since I activated it Friday night.
    No Moiselles.... the kinda reset I described is called (I think) a soft reset. It doesn't change anything in your settings or content-- nothing. It's kinda like a restart on a pc.

10-16-11 08:28 PM
    push the two buttons at the same time and do not release them until the apple logo appears.

10-16-11 08:30 PM
    The 4S claims to have a little bit better battery life than the 4, but I am not reading that in the reviews. Seems to be worse or same best case senario. Kind of dissappointing, but too be expected since the 4 has a faster processor.
    10-17-11 04:21 AM
    The 4S claims to have a little bit better battery life than the 4, but I am not reading that in the reviews. Seems to be worse or same best case senario. Kind of dissappointing, but too be expected since the 4 has a faster processor.
    Same clockspeed (800mhz) dual core is *supposed* to be more energy efficient

lssanjose likes this.
    10-17-11 08:22 PM
    Four of my managers got on the ip4s on launch day. They all reported the same thing-- worse batt life than their ip4.... not BAD or anything to really go crazy about-- just not as good as ip4.

10-18-11 02:56 AM
    Yeah, the dual core processor is supposed to be more energy efficient, but apparently not, thus decreased battery life I am thinking that it should be the same battery life as the iPhone 4 worse case scenario.

Same clockspeed (800mhz) dual core is *supposed* to be more energy efficient

That stinks!!! I've noticed decreased battery life on my iPhone 4 after I updated to iOS 5. My usage has gone up because I recently picked up a text plan, so that may be one reason why my battery life has decreased.

Four of my managers got on the ip4s on launch day. They all reported the same thing-- worse batt life than their ip4.... not BAD or anything to really go crazy about-- just not as good as ip4.

10-18-11 04:22 AM
    It's probably too early to argue about battery life lol, give it a few weeks. My 9900 improved a lot after 2-3 weeks of use.

10-18-11 04:32 AM
    Mine improved quite a bit over day 1 just by learning how to properly close apps running in the background, since tapping the center button is essentially like the "Back" button on a BB and leaves any apps used still running in the background. So I've gotten in the habit like I did on my BB of closing an app completely after every time I've used something. Discovered YouMail running in the background was sapping a lot of life out of mine.

I also found this about calibrating the battery, and followed the link to Apple, who says that should be done once a month. I'm going to try it today.

Now, we should note that some users seem to have been experiencing dramatically decreased battery life on their iPhone 4S. One solution to that is said to be the calibration of the battery, in which case you drain your entire battery once and then charge to full. Some have found their battery gauge to be inaccurate until this is performed. Apple includes other tips on their site about improving your battery life on the iPhone.
    Above quote from: iPhone 4S Battery Life Worse for 3G Data and Media as Compared to iPhone 4 - Mac Rumors
    10-18-11 06:29 AM
    So I did a complete charge of my device at the office yesterday around 3-ish. Got the notification that I had low battery down to 20% at about 9:30am this morning. I could probably stretch that 20% until midafternoon if I didn't really mess with my phone. But I went ahead and threw it on the charger.
    10-18-11 09:05 AM
    Mine improved quite a bit over day 1 just by learning how to properly close apps running in the background, since tapping the center button is essentially like the "Back" button on a BB and leaves any apps used still running in the background. So I've gotten in the habit like I did on my BB of closing an app completely after every time I've used something. Discovered YouMail running in the background was sapping a lot of life out of mine.

I also found this about calibrating the battery, and followed the link to Apple, who says that should be done once a month. I'm going to try it today.

Above quote from: iPhone 4S Battery Life Worse for 3G Data and Media as Compared to iPhone 4 - Mac Rumors
    Read the same thing through my work's training modules

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-18-11 09:34 AM
    Looks like mine started today . Been off the charger since 8 and I looked through 12 emails, responded to 6 and Im an 87%. Doesnt seem right at all.
    10-18-11 09:37 AM
    I turned off iCloud and it made a positive batt difference. If you really think about it-- you could turn on iCloud at night when it's on the base and let it do its business. Who cares if it's not "clouding" every little thing all day. Another thing is, as belfast mentioned above, his 9900 improved drastically a couple weeks in. MY 9900 is a different animal batt-wise since I went to 7.0.0.440.
    So let's not forget-- we're only on 5.0. I'm sure up and coming OS releases will fix all the little stuff.

Last edited by tedzone; 10-18-11 at 10:04 PM.
    10-18-11 10:01 PM
    close apps running in the background it wastes your batt life
    10-18-11 10:25 PM
    Mine is showing quite an improvement this morning. I was going to calibrate the battery and let it drain completely, then charge. Based on past few days performance I figured that by now it would be very close to drained but it's got a ways to go yet. Took it off the charger about mid-day yesterday. This morning it's at 43% and I accidentally left Safari, 2Do, FB and Phone running in background overnight. That's a leap over the first night I had it when YouMail alone was running in the background all night and pretty much tapped it.
    10-19-11 06:03 AM
    That's good to hear. I charge mine overnight, pull it off charger around 7:00am, top it off at work mid to late afternoon and that gets me through the evening/night. In the past, as a light to moderate user, I could get through the entire day without charging. Not now as a moderate to heavy user

Mine is showing quite an improvement this morning. I was going to calibrate the battery and let it drain completely, then charge. Based on past few days performance I figured that by now it would be very close to drained but it's got a ways to go yet. Took it off the charger about mid-day yesterday. This morning it's at 43% and I accidentally left Safari, 2Do, FB and Phone running in background overnight. That's a leap over the first night I had it when YouMail alone was running in the background all night and pretty much tapped it.
    10-19-11 06:38 AM
    Mine is showing improvement too. Took mine off the charger around 11am yesterday at the office, used it quite a bit last night when I got home downloading a lot of old songs I had purchased years ago from iTunes and discovered I still had record of them and now could have them back for free (sweet!). By midnight when I went to bed my phone was at 35%, I woke up and it was only at around 29%, so I threw it on the charger for a bit while I was getting ready for work since I had to take a conference call for work while I was driving to the office.

I think the 4S will require a charge about once a day with moderate/heavy use, but that was typical of my Torch too, and even more on the weekends when I was on it a lot (sometimes I'd do nearly two full charges in one day with my 9800).

Overall, I'm satisified with the battery life and I'm sure it will continue to improve. I'm definitely one of those people who prefer to keep it topped off in case of an emergency where I may be away from a charger for awhile. But with a charger at home, work, and in the car, I'm really not too concerned. And if I ever travel, I keep my wall charger in my purse.
    10-19-11 08:25 AM
    Overall, I'm satisified with the battery life and I'm sure it will continue to improve. I'm definitely one of those people who prefer to keep it topped off in case of an emergency where I may be away from a charger for awhile. But with a charger at home, work, and in the car, I'm really not too concerned. And if I ever travel, I keep my wall charger in my purse.
    I agree 100%..... Except the part about a purse. LOL

periwinklemoon likes this.
    10-19-11 10:55 AM
    pwinkle..........DO NOT DRAIN THE BATTERY....lithium Batteries DO NOT need calibrating. There are tons of articles explaining why. But trust me do NOT drain the battery.

look for my post....

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...thread-645200/
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 10-19-11 at 11:14 AM.
    10-19-11 11:09 AM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD