07-03-11 06:12 PM
34 12
tools
    Ultimately what people need to watch out for is if you get an iPhone and with iOS5 you have iCloud which backs up your data if you do not turn it off your data charges are going to go through the roof!
    06-29-11 11:13 AM
    So when IPhone 5 comes out and I decide to jump off the blackberry ship will I have to change data plans. Can an iPhone work on blackberry data plan? Buy it off of craigslist for example and just activate it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You can if you're on GSM. Simply put your sim card in the iPhone. Just
    create a custom APN so data will work.
    06-29-11 12:20 PM
    Ultimately what people need to watch out for is if you get an iPhone and with iOS5 you have iCloud which backs up your data if you do not turn it off your data charges are going to go through the roof!
    I can already foresee people who won't be smart enough to actually put music
    on their iPod app and instead stream the living heck out of all their music. Then
    wonder how in the world their data usage is so high and why they're being data
    throttled.
    06-29-11 12:22 PM
    AP, I was under the impression that iCloud will only back up wirelessly through a Wi-Fi connection, thereby eliminating the use of data in the process. Is my understanding correct?
    06-29-11 02:11 PM
    Backups are over Wi-Fi only, but content syncing can be enabled over 3G as well.

My bad was talking about photo stream and the streaming music as mentioned above. And may have gotten ahead of myself by Jailbreaking the device will bypass the wifi restriction like they do with Facetime.
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 06-29-11 at 02:27 PM.
    06-29-11 02:21 PM
    That's what I'm hoping for but then theirs been talk since I have a blackberry data plan now, it won't be able to go to a smart phone data plan unless I get tired.

I dont think that is true at least on Verizon. The reason is after July 7 bb data plans and smatphone data plans will have the same feature code, at least according to one of the resident experts.
    Last edited by i7guy; 06-29-11 at 03:49 PM.
    06-29-11 03:47 PM
    Thanks! Now to try to sel my berry, looks like its going to be more challenging than I thought. Lol

06-29-11 05:38 PM
    i put mine on ebay usually. sells pretty quick and you have a wider audience.
    07-03-11 10:20 AM
    i put mine on ebay usually. sells pretty quick and you have a wider audience.
    Thanks! Im not one who sells stuff usually, my husband reminded me of ebay today, so i just listed it... fingers crossed lol
    07-03-11 06:12 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD