So I'm planning on leaving balckberry behind and coming to iphone. First I need to raise my post count to sell my bb so what are some things with the iphone you love,hate wish u could change.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-11 05:07 PM
    To be totally honest I got bored with it rather quickly until I jailbroke it and then it opened up a whole new world.

06-27-11 05:27 PM
    I've heard of jailbroken. What exactly is that? How much extra does that cost

06-27-11 05:31 PM
    lol it doesn't cost anything unless you have someone do it for you...it's just a program you run on the phone that makes it so you're not bound to apple's app store and you can make the phone more your own.

as of now, the thing i'd change is the screen size. it's a little small, but the new model in september should fix that as well as the camera. I wish it was 4G too.../sigh alas.

i LOVE the email on it though. you can access trash folders and the like right from the app instead of going to the internet. i'm a huge apple fan, so the way it syncs with my macbook and ipad are important to me as well.

most phone companies let you try out a phone for 2 weeks or so, so if you don't like it, just bring it back and get something else. I LOVE my iphone and i've had all 3 major platforms recently, so it's really to each his own...
    06-27-11 08:09 PM
    Thank you so much for your input!

06-27-11 10:15 PM
    I was the biggest berry fanboy I knew. Had the 8330 8900 9000 9700 9550 9800 9780. Then jumped ship to the ip4 in January.

Didn't miss my bb at all!

It would really take a brutal iPhone 5 and a killer 9900 to get me back on RIMs bandwagon.

And most of my bbm contacts went to iPhone or android these days. So really bbm isn't a factor for me.

06-28-11 01:59 AM
    Ya 90% of my friends and family left bbm, so I hardly use it. That was one of the things holding me t it. Know we all just use whatsapp. And it works great, my husband just made the switch and the only thing I hate is the lack of a notification lef. I really like that on a phone

06-28-11 07:14 AM
    iOS 5 will take you from 90% to 99% the only thing missing is the LED. But, you can have the camera flash as an LED it is annoying though.
    06-28-11 07:17 AM
    iOS 5 will take you from 90% to 99% the only thing missing is the LED. But, you can have the camera flash as an LED it is annoying though.
    And rumor has it that iPhone 5 will in fact have some sort of LED notification on the front of the phone.
    06-28-11 09:00 AM
    Really! And is their any rumor when verizon may get that one. I'm really sick of my berry and I'm ready to jump, and I'm kinda scared if I wait to long ill somehow get screwed over on my unlim data

06-28-11 10:08 AM
    All I can say is, come September, iMessage will solve everything
    FigureThisOut likes this.
    06-28-11 11:32 AM
    if the ip5 gets released, ATT and Verizon at the least will get it since they carry ip now.

the rumor is that sprint and TMO will pick it up too.
    06-28-11 11:32 AM
    Really! And is their any rumor when verizon may get that one. I'm really sick of my berry and I'm ready to jump, and I'm kinda scared if I wait to long ill somehow get screwed over on my unlim data

from what i've seen, the only carrier that still has unlim data is sprint. BUT everyone (aside from ATT) did it right and offered decent sized chunks for a good price instead of 2 lousy GB for $25 like ATT did.

So i wouldn't sweat it honestly.

but if you stay on the same service and you already have unlim data you'll get to keep it as long as you don't change your data plan.
    06-28-11 11:35 AM
    That's what I'm hoping for but then theirs been talk since I have a blackberry data plan now, it won't be able to go to a smart phone data plan unless I get tired.

06-28-11 01:30 PM
    from what i've seen, the only carrier that still has unlim data is sprint. BUT everyone (aside from ATT) did it right and offered decent sized chunks for a good price instead of 2 lousy GB for $25 like ATT did.

So i wouldn't sweat it honestly.

but if you stay on the same service and you already have unlim data you'll get to keep it as long as you don't change your data plan.
    2GB on VZW will cost $30 as of July 7th.
    06-28-11 01:36 PM
    oh man i saw different numbers. eesh. glad i got in under the wire...oh and

@lovebug: if you whine and complain enough they might switch you over and let you keep the unlim. lol...threaten to leave for sprint...honestly if you complain enough most of the time they'll give you what you want just to shut you up.
    06-28-11 02:14 PM
    Yeah, $30 for 2GB, $50 for 5GB, and $80 for 10GB on Verizon starting July 7th.
    06-28-11 03:41 PM
    That's prolly what ill do. I'm up for upgrade july 7! I'm hoping they'll do it one day early though. Now I just need to get my post count to 100 to try to sell this berry. Lol!

06-28-11 03:44 PM
    Why not just use craigslist to sell it?
    06-28-11 03:54 PM
    I've had it listed on craigslist. And nothing. Lol. Guess I'm just not I an area for berrys. I see them going on here for 150-200 and of course like everybody now and days I wanna get the most money for my phone. Lol.

06-28-11 03:56 PM
    oh man i saw different numbers. eesh. glad i got in under the wire...oh and

@lovebug: if you whine and complain enough they might switch you over and let you keep the unlim. lol...threaten to leave for sprint...honestly if you complain enough most of the time they'll give you what you want just to shut you up.
    This will work. Once talking to the retention's department, they'll basically do
    anything for you that's reasonable.
    06-28-11 04:31 PM
    So when IPhone 5 comes out and I decide to jump off the blackberry ship will I have to change data plans. Can an iPhone work on blackberry data plan? Buy it off of craigslist for example and just activate it?

Last edited by Kingspat1; 06-28-11 at 04:53 PM.
    06-28-11 04:51 PM
    Unless your grandfathered in. Then it stays 29.99 unlimited.

s of this morning we have been given the green light to start training on the data changes Verizon Wireless is making effective 7/7/11.

$29.99 unlimited data will be discontinued effective 7/7/11

EXISTING CUSTOMERS- That have our $29.99 unlimited data plan WILL BE GRANDFATHERED IN, they will keep their unlimited plan after 7/7/11
    EXISTING CUSTOMERS- That current have the unlimited data WILL BE ABLE TO UPGRADE AND KEEP the unlimited data feature (No known end date on this as of this moment)
    EXISTING CUSTOMERS- That add lines post 7/7/2011, will NOT be able to choose the $29.99 unlimited data feature
    NEW CUSTOMERS- Any customer that sets up service from now, until 7/7/2011 WILL BE ON, AND WILL BE GRANDFATHERED into our $29.99 unlimited data package
    NEW CUSTOMERS- Any new customer that set up service AFTER 7/7/2011, WILL NOT be able to choose the $29.99 unlimited plan
    BUSINESS DISCOUNTS- Currently our business discounts apply to the $29.99 data plan on the primary line only. Most discounts are 20% despite whatever monthly access discount they have
    BUSINESS DISCOUNTS- After 7/7/2011 data discounts will only apply to the $50 and higher data packages on the primary line.
    Discount break down ex. of customers with a 20% feature discount on their primary line. ($50-20%=$40/month for 5GB and includes the business e-mail feature)
    – ($20/GB vs. $40/GB+ Business e-mail )
    06-29-11 05:49 AM
    Thanks!

06-29-11 07:06 AM
    Wow what a rip off, bend over. At the $30 range should be unlimited. For christ sake they aren't cable that is getting out of hand also.
    06-29-11 07:14 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD