Lol... What a joke AT&T has become... They have blamed Apple all along for this.. Supposed to come "later this summer."
    06-08-09 02:00 PM
    Yeah, I have been watching blog coverage and that annoyed me a bit.
    06-08-09 02:38 PM
    My wife is irritated about this too. lol Takes her focus off me
    06-08-09 02:55 PM
    Just till summertime.. Then ATT will pick it up...

I WISH the Verizon logo came up.. pout
    06-08-09 03:04 PM
    Could someone enlighten me as to why AT&T is going to keep the iPhone from using MMS? It can't be a technology barrier of some sort.
    06-08-09 05:13 PM
    They're also keeping it from tethering. I think AT&T knows their network isn't up to snuff for all the iPhone users suddenly blasting forth with MMS and tethering. Hopefully they're going to use the time to upgrade their network so that when they do turn MMS and tethering on, my BlackBerry doesn't go belly-up.
    06-08-09 05:16 PM
    I've been receiving text messages from AT&T stating new towers being put up in my area...

They most definitely will use the time to buff up their network.

They'd be stupid not to.

I'm surprised no Data plan changes were announced either.
    06-08-09 05:27 PM
    According to BGR, the reasoning behind this delay is because AT&T has to manually remove the "opt-out of multimedia messaging" from each account.

I can see that being a huge tasks, but a script could be written to auto do it.. but knowing AT&T, they'd just pay some retail reps to sit there on slow days and remove them manually.. UGH!
    06-08-09 06:59 PM
    According to BGR, the reasoning behind this delay is because AT&T has to manually remove the "opt-out of multimedia messaging" from each account.
    Oh, puh-leeze. (Not you, Sniffs, AT&T. That sounds like a hand-job if I've ever heard one. I mean, really, that's why mankind created computer programmers and database administrators.)
    06-08-09 08:16 PM
    LoL next thing you now.

" Hey george. Nice! You just sold the ferrari! Fred will be glad. How much gas did you throw in with the car? Fred is kind of cheap about that. "

" I was supposed to put gas in it? DAMN IT I KNEW I FORGOT SOMETHING. "
    06-08-09 10:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD