Of course Ive been trying to vocalize this point the past few days but people dont want to listen. They want to do whatever they want on data AND have better service overnight screaming ATT sucks.

It CANT be both ways, you cant have your cake and eat it too, things take time and a temp fix like restricting content will open up the congestion UNTIL the new towers are up and active. Its the only way to go really.
    You're being heard, but most of these people that are arguing the fact aren't even with AT&T or currently use an iPhone.

The guy who created this thread isn't even effected, so I found it funny that he was the one to create it. It's the same when some dudes iPhone caught fire... the first to post it? Yup, you guessed it, someone who didn't have the iPhone, wasn't even on AT&T. Go figure I guess.

<shoulder shrug>
    12-10-09 05:19 PM
    Why doesn't AT&T treat smart phones like they do aircards? Once you've hit that 5GB soft-cap, you are no longer getting broadband speeds.. you're getting GPRS speeds.

For 97% (according to AT&T) of us, we'd be unaffected..
    12-10-09 05:33 PM
    You're being heard, but most of these people that are arguing the fact aren't even with AT&T or currently use an iPhone.

The guy who created this thread isn't even effected, so I found it funny that he was the one to create it. It's the same when some dudes iPhone caught fire... the first to post it? Yup, you guessed it, someone who didn't have the iPhone, wasn't even on AT&T. Go figure I guess.

<shoulder shrug>
    Isnt that the trend in the iphone subforum lately in general? Non-iphone and non-ATT people concerned about what happens to the iphone, and come here to bash every little thing the can.

Dont have a clue why people are so interested in what ATT or Apple is doing when they dont use either. Guess people's lives just arent that interesting outside making controversy on online forums
    Last edited by stuaw11; 12-10-09 at 06:07 PM.
    12-10-09 06:04 PM
    Sucks to be on at&t. My carrier let's you use data as much as you want, the only thing they'll do is after about 5gigs or so they slow the speeds up on you or boot you off then allow you to get back on in a couple minutes. (The 2nd option pertains to tethering which is FREE on t-mobile.) Maybe at&t should try the same strategy.
    I experienced getting booted off once when my home internet service was off for about a month
    Your carrier isnt selling the hottest phone on the market either
    12-10-09 06:30 PM
    Really, throw a few million iphones full html browsing streaming and apps on ANY of the US networks and theyd have the same issues.

Its easy to criticize when you have nothing like it out.
    12-10-09 06:32 PM
    Really, throw a few million iphones full html browsing streaming and apps on ANY of the US networks and theyd have the same issues.

Its easy to criticize when you have nothing like it out.
    Its much more than a few million. Its many many million!
    12-10-09 06:39 PM
    Well I guess if they want to then they will. Till then I'm not going to worry about it untill its a sure thing.
    12-11-09 01:09 AM
    If this means they'll let me pay less for less data, I'd be happy.

I never pass 500MB a month.

5-8GB seems ridiculous.

I'll opt for unlimited data when I can play World Of Warcraft from my iPhone.
    LOL~!!! If that is the case, it would be like a mini tablet like phone. The phone would be pointless to be a phone though.... And the battery would die faster....

The most I've used in one mothn was 1.5 GBs, but that's about it. I have never used anything under 1GB for 5 months now. I actually agree with AT&T, and I'm glad they're doing what they need to do to save their bandwidth. Hopefully they can get more towers, and if it takes a year or so, who cares.

Like someone else said, if VZW had the iPhone it would probably be the same problem with data usage and consumers using all the bandwidth. VZW is not prefect, and I'm sure they would be in the same boat... you know... with having 80 million customers....
    12-12-09 07:41 PM
    What they should do is give away their mobile network extenders to customers and profit that way. Their service would be excellent then.
    12-13-09 10:11 AM
    I agree with you but i think it also comes down to how many people in an area do you give it away to before its more expensive than a tower, especially a population dense area.

For example take NY city, if you give a $150 unit away to just 10,000 people, thats 1.5 million bucks. A cell tower costs averagely between $100k-200k. Its probably cheaper at that point to build a few towers in that area for much less money. You could get about 5 towers for that cost and save money, which is a lot of towers for that area, prob another 25% more

I think theyre good for area where towers are too expensive for a lot of land area, but shouldnt be used to replace putting up new towers is populated areas.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 12-13-09 at 11:49 AM.
    12-13-09 11:39 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD