I wasn't one of the lucky few that had their dates changed a couple of weeks ago to the june 20th date. My date has been 11/25 and att said there was nothing they could do about it. This morning though my rss feed went off from another forum saying check your upgrade date and bam, i am now eligible for a full upgrade as of today. Everyone else who had the same scenario may want to dial *639# on their phone
    06-06-10 09:58 AM
    Looks like son #1's date was changed so he can upgrade. Son #2 who has a BB was updated previously. My BB account whose 2 yr should have been before theirs still has a July date.
    06-06-10 10:45 AM
    I was starting to think I'd get looked over in this but sure enough I am now eligible for an upgrade when I previously wasn't until 11/25. Thanks AT&T!
    06-06-10 10:58 AM
    Still saying July 2011 for me...
    06-06-10 11:03 AM
    I'm expecting those in July like me might not be moved up because it'll limit those that can show up on day 1.
    06-06-10 12:03 PM
    If you guys saw today's WWDC keynote with the unveiling of iPhone 4, it was announced that AT&T will be allowing people to upgrade up to 6 months early for the new iPhone.
    06-07-10 02:32 PM
    If you guys saw today's WWDC keynote with the unveiling of iPhone 4, it was announced that AT&T will be allowing people to upgrade up to 6 months early for the new iPhone.
    AT&T announced:

The new iPhone will remain an AT&T-only device. It goes on sale on June 24 to AT&T customers for $199 or $299, depending on the amount of storage. "Any AT&T customer eligible for a phone upgrade this year can get the iPhone 4 on its debut date at those subsidized prices, Jobs said".

That should put a smile on a lot of faces.
    06-07-10 06:45 PM
    I got a 3GS in July 09, mind you not at the 2 year price but the "early upgrade price" of about $200 more than the 2 year pricing. Now they want to tell me my eligibility is 7/2011?!? Now Im not asking for a handout here, BUT I did pay $200 more than 2 year pricing, why should the reset your 2 year eligibility as if you got it at that 2 year pricing? Something seems unfair about that. Extend it a bit, but not another 2 full years!

And my BIGGEST beef is some users who got the 3GS launch day at 2 year pricing are on top of that now getting ANOTHER 2 year pricing early upgrade.

Either do it for everyone or do it for none. The pick and choose method just leads to a lot of pissed off people. The benefits of giving the person the 2 year pricing are well outweighed by locking them in for 2 years from this month with a $325 ETF at a minimum of $70/month x 24 months.
    06-07-10 07:50 PM
    I talked to att rep, and they said if you are eligible by the end of this year they will move it up, but not 2011 eligibility dates. That sucks...lol
    06-09-10 08:31 AM
    I did an online chat this morning to see if they would do anything for me (4/11 for full upgrade). Wouldn't budge. I can pay $399 if I want but not sure if it's worth it.
    06-09-10 12:33 PM
    I did an online chat this morning to see if they would do anything for me (4/11 for full upgrade). Wouldn't budge. I can pay $399 if I want but not sure if it's worth it.
    400 isn't bad at all especially when you're not eligible. Most carriers either say either your eligible for a full upgrade or just retail. If you are going to leave blackberry, sell your Bold to cover some of the costs. You may wind up only having to pay like 250 at most. Just an option.
    06-09-10 12:43 PM
    After that awesome demo at the WWDC and all of the new features of the iPhone 4, I know 6/24 is going to be a crazy, record breaking day for Apple. And espcially with Apple making everyone who is elligible this year to upgrade to an iPhone 4. I would imagine that even some people who were going to be elligible later this year and were intending to get something else, will go for the iPhone 4 just to get an early upgrade.

The at&t store manage told my yesterday that Apple said they're going to try to get enough iPhones out to satisfy everyone on 6/24, but he said, in reality, there's going to be some people that won't get their phone on that day.
    06-09-10 01:17 PM
    I say 2 million sold from Thursday-Sunday. Edit 3 million.
    06-09-10 01:32 PM
    I say 2 million sold from Thursday-Sunday. Edit 3 million.
    That's what I'm thinking. Maybe more.

I hope I can get mine on the 24th. I really miss my iPhone, since I returned it yesterday.
    06-09-10 01:38 PM
    03/03/2011 still for me.

Makes me want to cry.
    06-09-10 01:51 PM
    03/03/2011 still for me.

Makes me want to cry.
    You can always add a new line . 10 bucks for 2 years + 200 bucks is 440. Not bad considering when you're done with the iPhone you can sell to cover most is not all of an ETF. I don't know. Trying to help
    06-09-10 02:17 PM
    My contract is up with T-Mobile on July 14th. I want to switch to ATT, so I will have 3G speeds. My question is, will I still be elgible for an upgrade if I keep my existing Iphone 3G 16GB phone afther I switch to ATT?
    06-09-10 05:07 PM
    My contract is up with T-Mobile on July 14th. I want to switch to ATT, so I will have 3G speeds. My question is, will I still be elgible for an upgrade if I keep my existing Iphone 3G 16GB phone afther I switch to ATT?
    Yes because you used your own phone. You still would have an upgrade available but be advised that they will make you extend your contract from the date you use the upgrade.
    06-09-10 05:19 PM
    400 isn't bad at all especially when you're not eligible. Most carriers either say either your eligible for a full upgrade or just retail. If you are going to leave blackberry, sell your Bold to cover some of the costs. You may wind up only having to pay like 250 at most. Just an option.
    Yeah or I could sell my iPhone 3G for 150-200 maybe.
    06-09-10 06:04 PM
    Of course, I dont have a problem selling my jailbroken/unlocked 32gb 3GS for 4-500 bucks and spending the 399 for the iphone 4 16gb.

but its principle, I paid them 499 last summer for a 32 and now they want another 399/499 yet again pushing the 2 year date out yet another year. The process seems a little screwed up. $200 over 2 year pricing is a little steep, especially when the ETF is still $175. $100 over 2 year would be more reasonable and theyd sell more too. ATT has incentive they lock you in for another 2 years at a minimum $70/month * 24 months.
    06-09-10 08:19 PM
    I talked to att rep, and they said if you are eligi
    ble by the end of this year they will move it up, but not 2011 eligibility dates. That sucks...lol

My date has been Nov 15th. And still is

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-10 06:21 AM
    Of course, I dont have a problem selling my jailbroken/unlocked 32gb 3GS for 4-500 bucks and spending the 399 for the iphone 4 16gb.

but its principle, I paid them 499 last summer for a 32 and now they want another 399/499 yet again pushing the 2 year date out yet another year. The process seems a little screwed up. $200 over 2 year pricing is a little steep, especially when the ETF is still $175. $100 over 2 year would be more reasonable and theyd sell more too. ATT has incentive they lock you in for another 2 years at a minimum $70/month * 24 months.
    Yeah I agree with you. That does suck but I guess it's the price you pay to upgrade early. I mean upgrading early doesn't mean that 1 year from now they let you get a full upgrade. That was the terms when you upgraded. You can't get the early upgrade (especially on an iPhone) and then still keep your full upgrade date too for the next year. So you either wait for the full upgrade or pay for 2 early upgrades. It sucks but that's the bad thing about not waiting for when you're eligible. I used an early upgrade to a 3GS on my wife's line last year and she's not eligible for any upgrades right now, not even early upgrade. At least you're still eligible for an early upgrade . Luckily I have other lines to get one for her.

I do agree the process it's a little wacky though. Here's my situation with my wife's line and our emergency line. We used an early upgrade on her line to purchase the 3GS on launch day last year but now her line is only eligible for no-committment pricing. Her date is sometime in 2011. I added the emergency line November of last year with a 3GS which is only 7 months ago but that one is currently eligible for early upgrade. I'm not sure how a new line that was started with a 3GS only 7 months ago is eligible for an upgrade when a line that has been established for a few years and last upgrade was used a year go, is not eligible. They couldn't explain why either. So I'm just using the upgrade on the emergency line and switch the phone to my wife's line. But still....
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 06-10-10 at 08:39 AM.
    06-10-10 08:34 AM
    I talked to att rep, and they said if you are eligi
    ble by the end of this year they will move it up, but not 2011 eligibility dates. That sucks...lol

My date has been Nov 15th. And still is

Give it a couple days for them to update everything. If it's not done by Monday, I would call them and see why it isn't moved up for you.
    06-10-10 08:35 AM
    My wifes date is 12/11 and att won't move the date. It seems the dates are only for current iphone users which is kind of dumb but its cool, we saved early on assuming we would both be paying full price. The rep I spoke to said it was because our contract date was next year not this year so he moved the contract date to end on 12/31 but still no dice.
    06-10-10 09:20 AM
    Talked to the rep again and now suddenly we are both eligable. They wouldn't give me a price though. She said to order it online and it would tell me. Hmmmm.

06-10-10 12:29 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD