09-09-09 12:17 PM
    About time damnit..

Seriously.. 2 years ago when the Motorola Q9h came out, I loved that phone. I was able to get like 400KB a second downloads. Which equates (if you do the math), to roughly a proper 3.6Mbps connection (HSDPA).

Now that the iPhone is milking the damn network dry, I can barely get 400Kbps (or roughly 40KB)

pathetic!! Yet they claim it's the fastest 3G????

What's funny is that once Verizon gets their "iPhoney" or whatever it'll be called.. people think that Verizon can handle it better.. *laughable*.. Verizon will sink just like AT&T did, except AT&T will be ahead of the curve because it's been dealing with it and already doing planned upgrades.
    09-09-09 12:46 PM
    What's funny is that once Verizon gets their "iPhoney" or whatever it'll be called.. people think that Verizon can handle it better.. *laughable*.. Verizon will sink just like AT&T did, except AT&T will be ahead of the curve because it's been dealing with it and already doing planned upgrades.
    That's exactly what I've been thinking. Plus people will flock to Verizon for LTE and crowd their network. This gives AT&T users the advantage with the iPhone at that point because AT&Ts network will be built for when it was crowded and will then have a lot less people (maybe). We shall see what happens.
    09-09-09 02:33 PM
    I think that Verizon might be able to handle the traffic a little better but if alot of people jump ship, they will be toast. Charlotte, NC is getting the 7.2 upgrade woohoo!!!!!
    09-09-09 02:58 PM
    will this be a software upgrade on the iPhone side or does the current OS support it? my understanding is that the 3G will be just as capable (theoretically) as the 3GS when it comes to communicating on UMTS?

This is awesome but the (sad) news is that only six cities are getting it by the end of the year..it is a step in the right direction and i know you cant upgrade everyone at once--but i know everyone wants to be first! lol.
    09-09-09 03:16 PM
    The towers will be getting updated to support 7.2Mbps, but may
    also need a firmware upgrade (as I have not looked into or
    researched this too much for the reasons in the next paragraph)
    to help with compatibility when the upgrade is available. The
    iPhone #GS is already 7.2Mbps ready.

Technically, the 3G and 3GS users will more than likely experience
    similar speeds. The max for the 3G is 3.6Mbps and 7.2Mbps for
    the 3GS, but with everyone bogging down the network, the 3GS
    will not be hitting 7.2Mbps and may not even hit 3.6Mbps.
    09-09-09 03:44 PM
    wow must be really where you live. i was a long time verizon customer and max i ever saw was 400 kbps , now with att and the iphone i see as much as 2300 kbps its crazy how fast it is.
    09-09-09 04:03 PM
    Technically, the 3G and 3GS users will more than likely experience
    similar speeds. The max for the 3G is 3.6Mbps and 7.2Mbps for
    the 3GS, but with everyone bogging down the network, the 3GS
    will not be hitting 7.2Mbps and may not even hit 3.6Mbps.
    bummer, well since I'm in a major city listed, i hope i get to see 7.2 mbps
    09-09-09 06:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD