many evolutions catch out users

many storm 1 owners have been grating their teeth at getting a 2 year contract only to find out storm 2 may be out within 6 months

seems though storms aren't the only ones...

IPhone users bristle at AT&T upgrade policy - Smart Spending Blog - MSN Money
    06-12-09 02:31 PM
    What a dbag. I love the comments though, lots of good people with common sense flaming the iPhone crybabies. Nice reading there. Same goes for the Storm folks that will cry when the Storm 2 comes out. Suck it up people, hot new phones come out every month for Pete's sake!!!
    06-12-09 02:43 PM
    its tough, almost makes it to where you cant ever really own the best phone out there anymore. i kinda get both sides to each. i think what happens is that once a gift like upgrading to the 3G came out, we all kinda get a little "spoiled" for lack of a better term. want it all the time!
    06-14-09 11:38 PM
    Or people can suck it up and buy unlocked phones at unsubsidized prices. The latest and greatest doesn't seem so late and great when you're paying $699 instead of $199. The full retail on the best phones is just not cheap, look at any of the hot new HTC phones, we are talking $700+. I have no love for the carrier's profits, but they do have to make money, people want the new sh*t and they want it cheap, sorry, but there is no free lunch.

I never sign more than a 1 year contract and just pay a little extra, but I can always get a new phone when I want one.
    Last edited by armedtank; 06-15-09 at 10:39 AM.
    06-15-09 10:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD