And for the record most industry insiders agree that any network would have problems with the iphone, and that includes Big Red.
    Really? Sources please. Because from my research and in statements Ive read from RF engineers, network engineers Verizons network has been built to handle such usage. The problem is ATT didnt spend the money and build up the backhaul capability in their network. Verizon did.

a carrier using outdated CDMA tech.
    Guess what, GSM is outdated too. Thats why GSM carriers are moving/have moved to HSPA/UMTS. GSM was first launched in 1991, CDMA in 1995 (1996 in the US). CDMA is more reliable and works better indoors than GSM. More people use CDMA in the US than GSM. So tell me whats wrong with that "outdated CDMA tech" ?
    01-03-10 10:25 AM
    This thread is ridiculous.
    01-03-10 10:50 AM
    Let it go JoJo. Obviously, like you said, there are people on here that get their feeling hurt when you say something about their precious phone or network. Don't worry stuaw I'm not bashing the iPhone. In fact, I said I love the phone. Excuse me for coming on here and trying to voice what happened to me. I didn't realize you and your fellow ATT lovers on here were going to fry me in the electric chair for saying I could not get texts through on Fat Luke Wilson's Network. Explain to me why, when I pulled into the local strip mall to grab some groceries and next to the grocery store there is an ATT corporate store, as I was talking on the phone, I dropped the call. Yards away from the ATT store. I have a friend that used to work for Cingular and I remember him telling me that Cell stores have their own little cell site on the roof to boost network coverage. If this is true then how do you explain what happened. I am not as passionate as you are about defending your cell company, but I can tell you again, in 7 years I never once had a problem with Verizon's network. I also have the 8350i form Nextel for work besides my iPhone and the phone is mediocre but Nextel sucks big time. There see I bashed one of my own cell companies I use. In all, excuse me for expressing what happened ro me. I thought this was a forum. I didn't realize that if you did not agree with the majority that you were gonna get flamed. Won't happen again.
    01-03-10 11:17 AM
    Really? Sources please. Because from my research and in statements Ive read from RF engineers, network engineers Verizons network has been built to handle such usage. The problem is ATT didnt spend the money and build up the backhaul capability in their network. Verizon did.

Guess what, GSM is outdated too. Thats why GSM carriers are moving/have moved to HSPA/UMTS. GSM was first launched in 1991, CDMA in 1995 (1996 in the US). CDMA is more reliable and works better indoors than GSM. More people use CDMA in the US than GSM. So tell me whats wrong with that "outdated CDMA tech" ?
    Here you go AppleInsider | O2 says iPhone strained London network as China sales top 300K Oh and North America is the only place where CDMA is used so you tell me what is the better tech.
    01-03-10 12:03 PM
    Here you go AppleInsider | O2 says iPhone strained London network as China sales top 300K Oh and North America is the only place where CDMA is used so you tell me what is the better tech.
    And China.
    01-03-10 02:09 PM
    Excuse me for coming on here and trying to voice what happened to me.
    yes, voicing until going on a little rant and rave about nothing.

I could not get texts through on Fat Luke Wilson's Network.
    Dont be immature. The guy makes more money on movies and ATT commercials then most of us will see in our lives and hes not even 40.

Explain to me why, when I pulled into the local strip mall to grab some groceries and next to the grocery store there is an ATT corporate store, as I was talking on the phone, I dropped the call. Yards away from the ATT store. I have a friend that used to work for Cingular and I remember him telling me that Cell stores have their own little cell site on the roof to boost network coverage. If this is true then how do you explain what happened. I am not as passionate as you are about defending your cell company, but I can tell you again, in 7 years I never once had a problem with Verizon's network. I also have the 8350i form Nextel for work besides my iPhone and the phone is mediocre but Nextel sucks big time. There see I bashed one of my own cell companies I use.
    AGAIN you started this thread ranting and raving about new years, not all this other mumbo jumbo. And MANY other people have voiced that it happens on all networks on big holidays and events like New Years, so youre rant and rave is misplaced towards ATT for something that happens in general.

Dropped calls at the ATT store has nothing to do with the topic you started.

And a hint since youre so pissed about wasting money- PAY THE ETF. Save the stress and leave if its so bad for you.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 01-03-10 at 02:15 PM.
    01-03-10 02:12 PM
    No problems calling and texting with about 15 different people on Verizon/Sprint. Of course my friends on ATT couldnt use their phones. Didnt get texts back from them or able to talk with them until much later or in the morning.

Been with Verizon for about a decade (since PrimeCo). NEVER had one problem on New Years eve right at 12am calling people.
    I'm happy you had no problems calling/texting anyone on New Years. I have with all the carriers I mentioned. Maybe it has to do with your area. I live 40 min away from Manhattan, the largest city in the World. EVERY carrier has problems here.
    01-03-10 02:12 PM
    I'm happy you had no problems calling/texting anyone on New Years. I have with all the carriers I mentioned. Maybe it has to do with your area. I live 40 min away from Manhattan, the largest city in the World. EVERY carrier has problems here.
    Dont waste your breath, some people believe their carrier is the best thing since sliced bread and can do no wrong compared to "evil, sucky" ATT. If it doesnt happen to them it must not have happened at all hence their carrier is perfect and ATT sucks
    01-03-10 02:17 PM
    Dont waste your breath, some people believe their carrier is the best thing since sliced bread and can do no wrong compared to "evil, sucky" ATT. If it doesnt happen to them it must not have happened at all hence their carrier is perfect and ATT sucks
    Yea I hear ya. People seem to forget that if things don't happen to them if must not happen to others like you said. Ignorance.
    01-03-10 02:24 PM
    Come on guys! Let's avoid attacking each other as we debate the carriers phones etc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-10 02:43 PM
    You just made yourself look extremely stupid. My post was in response to you saying most industry experts say Verizon would have the same network strain as ATT. So you reply with proof saying O2 has a strained network!? Are you serious? O2 is GSM which according to you is better than the "outdated CDMA network". So where is your proof that industry experts say Verizon would suffer the same strain? Because like I said, RF engineers and cellular network engineers I know and have talked to, and information on Verizons network shows otherwise.

Even worse you say CDMA is only in North America. CDMA networks are currently available North America, Central America, Latin America, Europe, Asia and Africa.
    Last edited by JoJoCal19; 01-03-10 at 02:51 PM.
    01-03-10 02:48 PM
    Come on guys! Let's avoid attacking each other as we debate the carriers phones etc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Sorry, stuaw11 has a problem with the original posters thread so he has to come in and crap in it.
    01-03-10 02:50 PM
    No one ever said that, however you are EXTREMELY defensive if anyone says anything about ATT.
    01-03-10 02:54 PM
    This thread is ridiculous.
    No this thread is ridonkulous.
    01-03-10 04:31 PM
    I have to agree, the ATT network sucked on new years eve. I had to use my verizon phone to make calls. What is worse is that the ATT network was crippled for about 30 minutes in the Pittsburgh, PA area. What a shame Verizon didn't take the Iphone.
    01-03-10 07:39 PM
    You just made yourself look extremely stupid. My post was in response to you saying most industry experts say Verizon would have the same network strain as ATT. So you reply with proof saying O2 has a strained network!? Are you serious? O2 is GSM which according to you is better than the "outdated CDMA network". So where is your proof that industry experts say Verizon would suffer the same strain? Because like I said, RF engineers and cellular network engineers I know and have talked to, and information on Verizons network shows otherwise.

Even worse you say CDMA is only in North America. CDMA networks are currently available North America, Central America, Latin America, Europe, Asia and Africa.
    All I was showing you with that post is that there are other networks that have had issues with the iphone. And where in the **** is your proof of anything that you have said in this entire post. You have the nerve to call me stupid, who the **** are you? I want some proof of what you are saying since you talk like you are an expert.
    01-04-10 11:56 AM
    And this is link that I meant to post Analysts: Verizon iPhone would have had AT&T’s problems : Product Reviews Net

And this one AT&T: The most hated company in iPhone land - Dec. 29, 2009
    Last edited by crackvegas78; 01-04-10 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Addl Content
    01-04-10 12:05 PM
    Every thread nowadays turns into a complete ****show.
    01-04-10 12:35 PM

Is that why all world phones have a GSM sim slot.
    01-04-10 12:48 PM
    Is that why all world phones have a GSM sim slot.
    All world phones have a GSM SIM slot because not all places in the world have CDMA, but they have GSM. Even CDMA in other countries might not work with NA CDMA. I believe China has different bands if I'm not mistaken. GSM is just the world standard.
    01-05-10 11:36 AM
    I'm in texas, and everyone was having the same problem that day. It wasnt just an AT&T thing it was everyone. When you have millions of people texting "happy new year" at once the system is going to over load.
    01-06-10 02:05 AM
    I think peoples excuse that "everyone is calling and texting so the network will be overloaded" is total bull ****. For 30 minutes in Pittsburgh PA the ATT network was crushed. At&T knew this was going to happen, but did NOTHING to help alleviate the situation.

I'm glad to see that some of you people are accepting the crappy network as it is, sheez. This is why AT&T will never be anything more than it is. Its people like you who accept this crap and don't complain.
    01-06-10 07:19 AM
    Dude they are just phones. If you spent this amount of energy trying to get laid you would all be very happy people.
    01-07-10 11:24 PM
    Dude they are just phones. If you spent this amount of energy trying to get laid you would all be very happy people.
    Man you are really in the wrong place if you think they are just phones. LOL The site is not called crackberry for nothing.
    01-08-10 01:33 AM
    I think peoples excuse that "everyone is calling and texting so the network will be overloaded" is total bull ****. For 30 minutes in Pittsburgh PA the ATT network was crushed. At&T knew this was going to happen, but did NOTHING to help alleviate the situation.

I'm glad to see that some of you people are accepting the crappy network as it is, sheez. This is why AT&T will never be anything more than it is. Its people like you who accept this crap and don't complain.

Why does everyone assume AT&T isn't doing anything? Phone usage, especially iPhone usage is growing faster than AT&T can get licenses to build towers or get permission to upgrade some.

Yes Verizon would have crumbled harder than AT&T did as it does not have as much capacity as AT&T. Apple wanted to do an exclusivity, the best network was AT&T. IMO, I think Apple should have maybe split it between the two.

It was more AT&T than any carrier, but it's because AT&T has the largest number of business and/or smartphone subscribers. Not to mention, everyone is still sending/receiving data while being on the phone (another thing that CDMA carriers do not have).

Not defending anyone because I could care less about what sides people take (as AT&T works better than all the carriers for me), but the reason some do get offended may be because of the way people make it seem like AT&T is below crap. The OP started saying some funny stuff about "Luke", for what reason? To belittle AT&T. All carriers have their strengths and weaknesses, it's about which ones you can live with.
    01-08-10 03:08 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD