Hi, I currently have a T-mobile data plan with unlimited email only (no full internet plan). I recently got an unlocked iphone.

1) If I choose to stick with the BB unlimited email plan, how will that work on the iphone? Will emails be pushed to the iphone?

2) If I DO want internet on my iphone, what kind of tmobile plan should I pick up when I drop the BB unlimited email plan? I have heard that getting the t-zones one for $4.99 added on to a voice plan gets you internet on the iphone. Is this the best/cheapest way to get internet on a t-mobile enabled iphone?

Thanks all!
    05-17-09 11:30 PM
    You can continue with the BB data plan if you'd like. Also, t-mobile seems to have an iPhone data package (that makes me laugh every time I hear or say that).
    05-17-09 11:39 PM
    1) If I choose to stick with the BB unlimited email plan, how will that work on the iphone? Will emails be pushed to the iphone?
    The iPhone doesn't need to access special servers or anything for email services. Having the BB unlimited plan basically just gives you piece of mind knowing that you won't get charged for using high amounts of data. Emails will function like they normally do on an iPhone. If it's an email service that supports push, emails will be pushed. If the email service doesn't support push, you can set the iPhone to fetch for the emails at a specific interval.
    05-17-09 11:53 PM
    Yepp it will definitely work if you have the blackberry unlimited although im not sure whether the unlimited email would be supported for the iphone on the email only BB plan..im currently using unlimited BB Data without any problems. For t-zones you have to change some setting and install a patch from Cydia. For the internet to work you will just have to configure the wap settings in the APN which is internet2.voicestream.com or epc.tmobile.com, either one might work you just have to try both of them. One works for some while the later for others. Good luck!
    Last edited by fsshariq; 05-18-09 at 01:07 PM.
    05-18-09 01:04 PM
    Your emails will NOT be pushed to the iPhone, since iPhone uses its own application for that. You can configure the iPhone to "push" for emails from your selected server. As for the internet plan for $4.99, T-Mobile no longer publicly lets users add it to their plans. You'll have to call and try to convince a rep to add it to yours.
    05-21-09 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD