Steve stated when verizon ccould build their network for the iphone they'd talk when that happened I'm sorry verizon could no handle the iphone,verizon doesn't allow u to talk on the phone and surf the net and punch out emails and text. It would cripple the iphone I'm sorry vzw is not 3g and never will be

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    LMAO... ummm what planet have you been on ? i think like 85% of their coverage is 3G..
    06-20-10 04:54 PM
    LMAO... ummm what planet have you been on ? i think like 85% of their coverage is 3G..
    He is saying it's not true 3G without the ability for simultaneous talk and data, not coverage. I couldn't live with a crippled old network, AT&T is just fine with me.
    06-20-10 05:32 PM
    He is saying it's not true 3G without the ability for simultaneous talk and data, not coverage. I couldn't live with a crippled network, AT&T is just fine with me.
    well that is very true... It would've been nice if he would've said that.. this is true I couldn't live with a crippled network again either lol
    06-20-10 05:35 PM
    well that is very true... It would've been nice if he would've said that.. this is true I couldn't live with a crippled network again either lol
    Please don't use the word crippled. IT'S MOBILITY IMPAIRED!
    06-20-10 08:23 PM
    lol

I think the last thing an AT&T customer should talk about is a crippled network. How the **** does someone drop calls and get data hicups when they have full service? My best friends have iPhones and can't wait to go to Verizon. I tried At&t for a month last year with no problems but I'm glad I didn't stay with them because it seems like they've gotten worse and they have good coverage in my area.

Lot of it was the cellular radio in the 3G/3GS, i think the improvements to the 4's antenna will certainly help this, as for dropped calls, i hardly ever drop a call or have a data hiccup
    06-20-10 10:48 PM
    AT&T is not the best in all places but where I live they are pretty damn good.
    06-20-10 11:35 PM

I only see real issues when getting out of major cities in non 3G areas... but when i had my razr flip phone it didn't seem as spotty... so I'm really curious to see how much of the 3gs was the issue compared to the coverage lol
    06-21-10 12:03 AM
    I only see real issues when getting out of major cities in non 3G areas... but when i had my razr flip phone it didn't seem as spotty... so I'm really curious to see how much of the 3gs was the issue compared to the coverage lol
    Cleveland huh.. I was just there last month, Crocker Park to be exact. The 3G signal there was intermittent, was surprised. Signal is definitely better in Florida.
    06-21-10 07:43 AM
    Cleveland huh.. I was just there last month, Crocker Park to be exact. The 3G signal there was intermittent, was surprised. Signal is definitely better in Florida.
    That's funny since Crocker Park is within walking distance of my place basically, and even when I had big red I would lose my 3G signal over there oddly enough...

But that usually only happened when I was inside someplace, but otherwise other than a hit and miss in a very few spots the coverage here is excellent
    06-21-10 09:35 AM
    Apple won't allow other carriers to provide the iPhone, so when the iPhone fails, Apple can lay the blame on AT&T, like they always do.

If EVERY carrier had iPhones, like they do BlackBerry phones, oh **, Apple might have to provide a decent product and decent customer support!
    06-22-10 01:13 AM
    Apple won't allow other carriers to provide the iPhone, so when the iPhone fails, Apple can lay the blame on AT&T, like they always do.

If EVERY carrier had iPhones, like they do BlackBerry phones, oh **, Apple might have to provide a decent product and decent customer support!
    When the iphone fails? I guess you missed the news the past few days they PRESOLD 600,000 with many left out who wanted it. Name one other phone with those numbers. Theyll sell 1-2 million in 30 days very easily in the US alone.

And Apple provides some of the best CS for their products out of any phone. Bring it in to the Apple store and its fixed or swapped.

And their product is more than decent, one of the best build quality phones out there. And they also have THE highest consumer satisfaction rating 3 years running now.

Whatever youre smoking, pass some the other way!
    06-22-10 01:24 AM
    And Apple provides some of the best CS for their products out of any phone. Bring it in to the Apple store and its fixed or swapped.
    That's definitely one thing I have to give Apple HUGE credit for. We recently had one of our 160 Gig iPod Classics (we have two 160's and an 80...lol) bite the dust, so we took it into the Apple store and walked out with a replacement in about 5 minutes. No arguing over the problem, no trying to make it work, no blaming us, just more or less a "yep, the hard drive is toast, here's another one."

As for the talk and surf issue with CDMA, I highly doubt that's a sticking point for VZW getting the iPhone. Apple knows darn well that a gazillion people will buy the Verizon version anyway. besides, I can honestly say that in two years I don't think our 3G has ever been used for both at the same time. I'm guessing most people don't do that and quite frankly, I don't see how you really can unless you use a BT device, and it seems nobody with iPhones uses BT either (ours doesn't even work for some reason).
    06-22-10 02:47 AM
    As for the talk and surf issue with CDMA, I highly doubt that's a sticking point for VZW getting the iPhone. Apple knows darn well that a gazillion people will buy the Verizon version anyway. besides, I can honestly say that in two years I don't think our 3G has ever been used for both at the same time. I'm guessing most people don't do that and quite frankly, I don't see how you really can unless you use a BT device, and it seems nobody with iPhones uses BT either (ours doesn't even work for some reason).
    I dont believe its a main selling point, but it is something Apple themselves have advertised their phone to be able to do.

You can also use it on speaker. I know yesterday it came in handy. I was waiting for a rental car company to come pick me up and the driver needed directions so I put it on speaker popped open Google maps and had all the street names I needed. Couldnt have done that on CDMA, wouldve had to hang up look it up and call back.

No, you wont use it every day but when you need it its handy.
    06-22-10 03:11 AM
    That's definitely one thing I have to give Apple HUGE credit for. We recently had one of our 160 Gig iPod Classics (we have two 160's and an 80...lol) bite the dust, so we took it into the Apple store and walked out with a replacement in about 5 minutes. No arguing over the problem, no trying to make it work, no blaming us, just more or less a "yep, the hard drive is toast, here's another one."

I think we're being a little overly-generous here. I recently brought my 2nd Gen iPod Touch into the Apple Store by my house. It was 3 1/2 months out of warranty. I've got an issue with it constantly resetting. They reset it back to software defaults and told me that if the issue came back, I could buy a replacement for $150. Now, don't get me wrong here... the device is out of warranty and I don't expect them to cover it. But most people act like you could take a 7 year old iPod Classic into the store and come out with a brand new replacement for free.
    06-22-10 07:42 AM
    Apple store has good customer service but At&t has ****ty customer service. I feel sorry for those iPhone owners who don't live close to any Apple stores.
    06-22-10 08:57 AM
    Nobody is worse than Verizon... Anytime I ever had a bb issue and either had to call or go in, it was a HASSLE ! always making me do the same sh*t over and over ... People still come to me to fix their bb issues lol when it's an issue I can't fix it has to to do with either the phones hardware or the carrier .... And ultimately it led to me leaving but that's a whole different story lol

I don't have to call AT&T for hardly anything in the 7 mo I've been with them I've calles them once and that was just to confirm my pricing for the iPhone 4 on Thurs when I'm at apple
    06-22-10 09:19 AM
    Nobody is worse than Verizon... Anytime I ever had a bb issue and either had to call or go in, it was a HASSLE ! always making me do the same sh*t over and over ... People still come to me to fix their bb issues lol when it's an issue I can't fix it has to to do with either the phones hardware or the carrier .... And ultimately it led to me leaving but that's a whole different story lol

I don't have to call AT&T for hardly anything in the 7 mo I've been with them I've calles them once and that was just to confirm my pricing for the iPhone 4 on Thurs when I'm at apple
    Ive had Verizon for months with no issue. I had ATT before and service was good in my area but the reps were just horrible. Both my friend and his brother are switching to Verizon and getting Droid when their contracts end. I will never go back to ATT. I actually get reception in buildings with Verizon as well as everywhere I go. I used Google nav on my Droid ans never lost 3G coverage.

The reps on Verizon actually care about their customers and we can upgrade every 12 months.
    Last edited by fearmychickens; 06-22-10 at 10:14 AM.
    06-22-10 10:11 AM
    I have switch back and forth many times and everything started for me when the original iphone came out. I have to say that AT&T has come a long way and the network has improved vastly. I live in Manhattan, one of the worst markets for AT&T and service is pretty good. I have a moto droid on VZ and there's not much difference anymore, it used to be like night and day like a year ago.

I do agree however that VZ has a much better customer service and i've had phones replaced at no cost serveral times, with overnight shipping and whatnot; this is one of the reasons why VZ is better than AT&T but in my opinion the network is not as much anymore.
    06-22-10 10:23 AM
    Ive had Verizon for months with no issue. I had ATT before and service was good in my area but the reps were just horrible. Both my friend and his brother are switching to Verizon and getting Droid when their contracts end. I will never go back to ATT. I actually get reception in buildings with Verizon as well as everywhere I go. I used Google nav on my Droid ans never lost 3G coverage.

The reps on Verizon actually care about their customers and we can upgrade every 12 months.
    I had Verizon for 2 years and this happened to me... This is how well they treat their customers... and it's every 18 months not 12 ....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/all-...ml#post4383259
    06-22-10 11:32 AM
    I had Verizon for 2 years and this happened to me... This is how well they treat their customers... and it's every 18 months not 12 ....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/all-...ml#post4383259
    No, the NE2 is every 18 months. The annual upgrade is every 12 months for an $18 fee.

And ATT is known for their bad customer service now.
    06-22-10 11:43 AM
    EVERY carrier has good and bad CS reps, in about equal proportions. I've had both and have seen the good and bad of both, it goes both ways.
    06-22-10 11:45 AM
    EVERY carrier has good and bad CS reps, in about equal proportions. I've had both and have seen the good and bad of both, it goes both ways.
    Yea I was gonna get to that. Depends how lucky you are I guess.
    06-22-10 11:48 AM
    The thing that always got me with VZW reps is I'd tell them everything I've done (and it was always a BB issue) including wiping the unit and restoring everything... and they'd want me to do all this crap again... It's kinda common sense here... if everything you're going to tell me to do I've done already because i'm tech savvy enough and knowledgeable about my device.... then spare me the propaganda lol isn't it obvious I'm calling because everything you're going to tell me to do DIDN'T work ! lol

BUT ANY CARRIER ... who asks you to pay for 3G broadband tethering services when you aren't getting it where you live, and the problem is theirs... deserves to lose their customers... PERIOD... but that whole mess is over with and i'm on ATT and have never looked back....

Now back to our regular scheduled thread...
    Last edited by cleverocks22; 06-22-10 at 11:57 AM.
    06-22-10 11:53 AM
    Let me throw some more fuel on the fire...

Analyst: Nine Million iPhones on Verizon in 2011 | John Paczkowski | Digital Daily | AllThingsD

Even though I take any analyst speculation with a grain of salt this analyst isn't just speculating but making statements so its a little different. He's even gone so far as to include Verizon iPhones into his quarterly projections for Verizon. Analysts generally would not go that far if they didnt have good reason to because that really puts his job in jeopardy if it were not to become true and his financial projections would be way off.

Either way Im not porting my number/line over from Verizon just yet as Im waiting to see if this happens. Ill be using my iPhone 4 with a new number for the time being. Should Feb 2011 come and go without a sniff of a VeriPhone then Ill bring my number over and port the line.
    06-22-10 12:35 PM
    I second that^^^..
    06-22-10 10:01 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD