at some point exclusivity wears off, especially with at&t, look at the razr, they got it(Cingular), nobody else had it, they kept it for a long time, then other carriers in USA got it, and everyone is still selling it. I am sure the same will happen again with iphone, which i think will hit vzw by 2010Q2-3. I think its funny how people who have iphone think they are so cool. its like wearing a versace suit driving a yugo
    My guess is Verizon will get it Q2 or Q3 in 2011. I could be wrong though
    09-04-09 11:39 AM
    My guess is Verizon will get it Q2 or Q3 in 2011. I could be wrong though
    If it's out that far, then I'm willing to say that at that point, there will be many more options for quality smartphones similar to the iPhone. Will it continue to sell? Sure. But not like the huge explosion that it went through when it was first introduced to the world. People will have more options by then and it might not be that big of a deal anymore.

The Storm 2's shaping up to be a really great contender and we're still in 2009. Andriod's starting to get itself running too (HTC lineup). And the rumors or a Microsoft-made phone. 2 years is a very long time in the technology world. Who knows what we'll see by the time AT&T loses the iPhone exclusivity.

This is, of course, assuming that Apple only makes incrimental updates to the iPhone. In the 2 - 3 years it's been out, we've see it get a bit faster, add 3G, add the stuff it should have had in the first place (MMS, Voice Control, etc.), a magnometer (that one's got potential), and video editing (some LG non-smartphones already can do this). Nothing really "huge" and drastic has changed. But who knows? They might do something really big.
    09-04-09 11:48 AM
    My question is when did AT&T ever have a grip on the iPhone anyway? Apple
    calls the shots. Think of Apple as the gangster rap song and AT&T as the
    females they refer to in those songs.
    09-04-09 07:46 PM
    My question is when did AT&T ever have a grip on the iPhone anyway? Apple
    calls the shots. Think of Apple as the gangster rap song and AT&T as the
    females they refer to in those songs.
    Exactly. AT&T is really taking it in the rear.
    09-04-09 10:19 PM
    Thats true in some respects, a large reason that carriers like verizon dont have it yet is because of things like the non removeable battery and mms, verizon is very anal about very basic things, and I kind of agree yes in fanboy fashion, IF i have a phone that does all that cool stuff why wouldnt i be able to take battery out etc (note: not sure if the Iphone has changed these things yet)
    09-05-09 08:48 AM
    Thats true in some respects, a large reason that carriers like verizon dont have it yet is because of things like the non removeable battery and mms, verizon is very anal about very basic things, and I kind of agree yes in fanboy fashion, IF i have a phone that does all that cool stuff why wouldnt i be able to take battery out etc (note: not sure if the Iphone has changed these things yet)
    Because there isn't a need. The "battery pull" was invented for phones to battle with memory management... the iPhone doesn't have this problem. You can also reset the phone my pressing down the home and power key -- acts as a battery pull would.
    09-05-09 12:39 PM
    i would hate for this to happen after i just sign 2 years with at&t!!
    09-05-09 09:39 PM
    I jumped on the iPhone bandwagon when the 2G first came out. I was impressed.

I have to say, I just recently dumped my AT&T contract, and sold my 3G as I had about enough of "AT&T's Shenanigans" as someone so eliquently put it. LOL.

I had nothing but problem after problem with the service with the iphone. I would drop atleast 3 calls a day, have full connectivity to the 3G network, and I get failed calls. GPS stopped working "correctly" after 3.0 upgrade. AT&T would tell me to shut 3G off and edge will work better, but my question was always are you going to drop the $10 extra charge for the data plan now that i dont use the 3G network?

I would call AT&T, they would tell me due to contract obligations, yadda yadda. Send me a patch and tell me that will fix it, and it never did. call back, they tell me to go to the Apple store to have the device serviced. Nothing wrong with the device as per Apple, and they would send me back to AT&T.

Contacted AT&T the other day, and asked to have my iPhone replaced with a BB as I know it is service issues with the iPhone, not AT&T themselves. They told me no, and I said I am going to cancel contract, they said okay. And well, now I am back with Verizon and a Blackberry Storm. made / received about 50 calls so far, and not one dropped call...
    Last edited by Fade2Black1; 09-06-09 at 11:08 PM.
    09-06-09 11:06 PM
    I'm just scared if VZW gets the iphone it will drop calls too lol
    09-07-09 10:14 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD