09-02-09 02:55 AM
    I wouldn't consider it losing it's grip.... AT&T said it themselves that it wouldn't be exclusive forever. So it is inevitable.
    09-02-09 09:15 AM
    I hope it does. I'm tired of AT&T and their bs shenanigans.
    09-02-09 11:40 AM
    I will stay with AT&T even if it does end. I am not a fan of Verizon. Unless they are giving me the device/plan for half of what I pay with AT&T, than I'm not leaving.

I'll wait the extra year for 4G. Plus AT&Ts network should be a little less crowded.
    09-02-09 01:23 PM
    i had verizon and switched to att to get the iphone and have not noticed a difference between the two. i dont think one is better than the other.
    09-02-09 04:04 PM
    The iPhone is too great of a device to have with just one carrier. It should be on more carriers and give more people a chance to have it. As long as At&t still sells it, I dont care what other carriers sell it.
    09-02-09 04:09 PM
    I hope it does. I'm tired of AT&T and their bs shenanigans.

Actually its not AT&T, its Apple with the Shenanigans', you should do a little more research.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-09 10:00 PM
    Actually its not AT&T, its Apple with the Shenanigans', you should do a little more research.

Depends on what you call shenanigans. It's AT&T that still hasn't implemented MMS or tethering. Apple has it available in other countries. AT&T promised "late summer". If MMS is not up by next week's Apple music fest, I anticipate a class action suit by AT&T customers.
    09-03-09 06:35 AM
    It doesn't look like MMS and tethering will be available any time soon.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/03/te....html?emc=eta1
    09-03-09 08:16 AM
    Depends on what you call shenanigans. It's AT&T that still hasn't implemented MMS or tethering. Apple has it available in other countries. AT&T promised "late summer". If MMS is not up by next week's Apple music fest, I anticipate a class action suit by AT&T customers.
    A class action suit... how cute. I'm sure a lawyer wants to represent 60% of at&t's customers that have the iphone.
    09-03-09 08:27 AM

Um.. You're joking right? With Apple's hatred for Microsoft, and their shear competitiveness with OSX, do you think they want the iPhone to not do something that the other devices can?

AT&T controls how the device will use it's data, fact. AT&T still hasn't removed "opt-out multimedia messages" from the iPhone user accounts, fact. Most other cell phones compress data, iPhone doesnt. It uses 10x more data, fact. Put uncompressed MMS on it, and "the nations fastest 3G network" will slowdown and fail even more than it is, fact.

Apple hasn't unlocked the MMS settings at the request of AT&T, fact. AT&T isn't ready for MMS/tethering, fact. Apple rejected all those cool live/streaming tv apps because of AT&T's TOS, fact. They rejected Skype using AT&T's 3G and made the devs make it wifi only, fact.

No shenanigans you say?

More research?
    Last edited by sniffs; 09-03-09 at 10:37 AM. Reason: didn't have my coffee yet, so I was a jackass. :D
    09-03-09 10:03 AM
    Just wait for the Verizon Neutered iPhone.... lol.
    09-03-09 11:41 AM
    Um.. You're joking right? With Apple's hatred for Microsoft, and their shear competitiveness with OSX, do you think they want the iPhone to not do something that the other devices can?

AT&T controls how the device will use it's data, fact. AT&T still hasn't removed "opt-out multimedia messages" from the iPhone user accounts, fact. Most other cell phones compress data, iPhone doesnt. It uses 10x more data, fact. Put uncompressed MMS on it, and "the nations fastest 3G network" will slowdown and fail even more than it is, fact.

Apple hasn't unlocked the MMS settings at the request of AT&T, fact. AT&T isn't ready for MMS/tethering, fact. Apple rejected all those cool live/streaming tv apps because of AT&T's TOS, fact. They rejected Skype using AT&T's 3G and made the devs make it wifi only, fact.

No shenanigans you say?

More research?
    Oh and OSX is NOT competitive with Windows.... lol.
    09-03-09 11:42 AM
    Oh and OSX is NOT competitive with Windows.... lol.
    I hope that was sarcastic..
    09-03-09 11:46 AM
    09-03-09 12:11 PM
    Told you it was both AT&T and Apple's fault.
    Last edited by sniffs; 09-03-09 at 12:36 PM.
    09-03-09 12:34 PM

No shenanigans you say?

More research?
    might be the fastest 3g but its also one of the smaller ones, my opinion on them "losing the iphone" is they can keep it, with all the update news for storm i just dont see the iphone being that much of a hit with other carriers, i think that ship sailed about when a similarly capable device went onto americas most reliable network for calling, texting, 3g and any other kind of services. Personally i commend apple and AT& T for pulling one over on all the iphone people, i dont care how cool a touch screen is if it comes out without pix messaging, camera and voice dial i wouldnt buy it, so confused about it have been forever, even more amazed they still dont have some of those (every device on the planet has them) features...just sayin
    09-03-09 03:11 PM
    i dont care how cool a touch screen is if it comes out without pix messaging, camera and voice dial i wouldnt buy it, so confused about it have been forever, even more amazed they still dont have some of those (every device on the planet has them) features...just sayin
    I am sure those features will be available when Verizon or some other carriers get the iPhone.
    09-03-09 03:15 PM
    I think thats part of the thing though i mean its like having a corvette with no windows living in ny and driving to work year round
    09-03-09 03:27 PM
    I hope that was sarcastic..
    Nope, it is really not competitive. Pure usage and market share show that.
    09-03-09 04:36 PM
    It may not be competiting, but it is most definitely trying, always has been and always will be.

Just go to Youtube and search for "steve jobs + microsoft"

or check out Apple.com for all their little "I'm a PC/I'm a Mac" ads.. those are directly targeting Windows users..

Even if #'s are showing it's not able to compete, doesn't mean it isn't trying.

Here. Here's Steve's hatred of Microsoft. Steve Jobs is extremely competitive when it comes to his "perfectionists" ways.. I've been following him for years.

Here we go, the real nitty gritty.

Last edited by sniffs; 09-03-09 at 05:03 PM.
    09-03-09 04:44 PM
    It is trying hard, the one thing in thier advantage is that the average person really doesnt have a clue what the difference is so a caged ape could sell the consumer either way, same thing with wireless industry, the majority are not as informed as people on crackberry.
    EDIT: The informed list has gotten much bigger over the years but there are still a ton of people who are like "does that there computer thing have that windows stuff on it"....despite not even knowing what that "stuff" does or doesnt do lol
    09-03-09 04:47 PM
    at some point exclusivity wears off, especially with at&t, look at the razr, they got it(Cingular), nobody else had it, they kept it for a long time, then other carriers in USA got it, and everyone is still selling it. I am sure the same will happen again with iphone, which i think will hit vzw by 2010Q2-3. I think its funny how people who have iphone think they are so cool. its like wearing a versace suit driving a yugo
    09-03-09 06:36 PM
    at some point exclusivity wears off, especially with at&t, look at the razr, they got it(Cingular), nobody else had it, they kept it for a long time, then other carriers in USA got it, and everyone is still selling it. I am sure the same will happen again with iphone, which i think will hit vzw by 2010Q2-3. I think its funny how people who have iphone think they are so cool. its like wearing a versace suit driving a yugo
    hehe thats better than my analogy
    09-04-09 11:14 AM
    It may not be competiting, but it is most definitely trying, always has been and always will be.

Just go to Youtube and search for "steve jobs + microsoft"

or check out Apple.com for all their little "I'm a PC/I'm a Mac" ads.. those are directly targeting Windows users..

Even if #'s are showing it's not able to compete, doesn't mean it isn't trying.

Here. Here's Steve's hatred of Microsoft. Steve Jobs is extremely competitive when it comes to his "perfectionists" ways.. I've been following him for years.

Here we go, the real nitty gritty.

Where's the LMAO gif?
    09-04-09 11:37 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD