I am a longtime handheld user starting with the first Palm and CE devices, many different Blackberrys for work, right now I have a Verizon Tour, a T-Mobile Curve for work, and an iPhone 3GS. I have had all 3 iPhones and consider it easily the best handheld device/phone I have ever had. I already switched off AT&T once not long after the iPhone 3G came out because I kept dropping calls. Went back after 3 or 4 months and found it was much better. I live in Phoenix btw and travel a lot both in the US and internationally. Anyway now I'm dropping calls again in Phoenix and forget about it in NYC and San Fran. San Diego is getting pretty bad too. I'm about ready to pack it in and get an iPod Touch instead, at least when the new ones come out in September. I'm also tired of caryring a Tour and an iPhone because I can't depend on AT&T's network. Anyone else seeing the same thing? I think there are so many iPhones being sold that they are overwhelming AT&T's connectivity especially in large cities.
    08-14-09 10:40 AM
    I'm carrying a 3GS and a Tour as well. Just took a trip to Vegas last weekend and coverage/service was pretty equal on both phones. I am tired of carrying both as well and I wish I could decide. In Utah Verizon definitely wins in the coverage area due to EVDO available throughout most of the state, where at & t 3g is only available in the metro areas. Too many pros and cons with each device. I might just be playing eenie meenie minee mo.
    08-14-09 11:20 PM
    We went from Phoenix to Yellowstone to Jackson Hole and back to Phoenix not long ago. Little to no AT&T pretty much the whole way except Salt Lake City and parts of Jackson Hole. Had Verizon almost the entire trip. AT&T's coverage maps shows huge gaps in coverage.
    08-14-09 11:44 PM
    AT&T's coverage maps shows huge gaps in coverage.
    I live in Kansas City, and you can litterally cross a street downtown and have no coverage, cross the street again and have full bars. Once your out of the city, your coverage is pathetic. I have a work issued Storm and I will get Verizon coverage virtually anywhere. I wish AT&T would get with the program.
    08-15-09 08:21 AM
    Great coverage here for me in NY. I have been throughout most of the Northeast and the coverage has been very good. Hopefully AT&T fixes up your areas.
    08-15-09 10:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD