http://www.tipb.com/2010/06/02/att-adds-data-caps/

I'm glad, now I can save 15/month.

I do wish they offered a plan larger than 2gb, I know some users who push 4gb+/month.

I wonder what they'll have to do-

And how long until it spreads to "smartphone" users everywhere.

As in cross carrier.
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 06-02-10 at 09:29 AM.
    06-02-10 09:25 AM
    im also pretty happy about the change. i wont have to pay 30 for 100 mb's anymore. this will also allow people who dont have that much money to get iphones too. i smell stocks rising hahahah.
    06-02-10 09:59 AM
    Yea, I do an easy 5GB's. Im on a dealer plan so whatever, it doesn't affect me personally.
    06-02-10 10:00 AM
    on a average how much data do you iphone users use in a month?
    06-02-10 02:24 PM
    i use about 100-120 and thats on a bad month.
    06-02-10 03:10 PM
    AT&T is Apple's obedient GF. I think this signals the end of AT&T's exclusivity.
    06-02-10 03:21 PM
    Tiered data is only a bad thing to data 'Hoovers'.
    06-02-10 03:30 PM
    most of my data is used on wifi so my bill shows about 125mbs
    06-02-10 04:03 PM
    Most of my data is used over WiFi too.

I do about 150-200 mb/month
    06-02-10 04:47 PM
    my data is over wifi as well, not sure of my mb per month but i have to charge my 3gs anywhere 3/4 times aday...lol

to clear up i work 11pm/7am and only sleep 4 hrs. I use my phone all through work.
    06-02-10 05:01 PM
    I'm sticking with my 30 buck unlimited plan. I'm anywhere between 400 and 600 MB a month and my wife is over 2GB (she does a lot of streaming radio and stuff). If she didn't do all that I may have switched to the 2GB plan but I want to see what the new iPhone will do first. I mean I don't want to switch and then you can do video chat and all that stuff. I'm good for now.

TiPB posted the easiest way to check your data trends instead of looking through all your bills.

Login to to Cell Phones and Cell Phone Plans - Wireless from AT&T
    Select “Bill & Payments” from the “My Account” tab
    Click “Billing Reports” from the column on the left
    Choose “Data Usage Trend” as the report type and the bill periods of interest.
    Click “Submit”

http://www.tipb.com/2010/06/02/checking-att-data-usage/
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 06-03-10 at 02:47 PM.
    06-02-10 05:05 PM
    Why should BB users pay for for the iPhones/Google Android data hog ways?

Posters have been laughing at BB's "outdated" technology not realizing that BB is all about technology and the efficient use of data.

About time really.

I think BB is celebrating somewhere as we speak.
    Hold on, here is the link.
    RIM is popping bottles in Waterloo, celebrating tiered data pricing � Boy Genius Report

enjoy
    06-02-10 05:21 PM
    I'm sticking with my 30 buck unlimited plan. I want to see what the new iPhone will do first. I mean I don't want to switch and then you can do video chat and all that stuff. I'm good for now.
    [/url]
    Good Point. I'm around 3-400 mb a month and was just wondering if I was more conscious of switching to wifi when possible if I could get under 200 amonth. But that would all be moot if I'm skyping my kids all summer from my non wifi office lol.
    06-02-10 05:31 PM
    I mostly use wifi so my average is about 40-50 mb/month. This will be a nice savings for me! I wonder how long the "data hogs" will be allowed to keep the "unlimited" plan for $30?
    06-02-10 05:33 PM
    Since I always use wifi at home, I never use more than 500 MB's a month so with both iPhones myself and my wife have, looking forwars to saving $10 a month total off our bill
    06-03-10 12:44 PM
    I'm stickin with my unlimited an for $30 cause I easily go over 4GB a month.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-10 01:36 PM
    Yea its funny a lot of people were like haha iPhone users are going to suffer and what not, but most iPhone users are well within these limits of data usage. I'm personally happy because im saving some money now.
    06-03-10 01:41 PM
    I wonder how long until they completely stop allowing those grandfathered plans...
    06-03-10 01:41 PM
    I would guess not too long since the data abusers will just grandfather in now. I assume within a year itll be gone totally, by the next iphone in 2011 you wont be able to grandfather in anymore.

And I agree with Brandon, BB users etc laughed about iphone users sucking data, but most really dont. BB users can suck data too if done right. Its only the top 1 or 2% of people really using almost 1/2 the data. Everyone else is well within the means, but its that small % of people who ruin it for everyone else now. Personally Im perfectly 100% ok with saving $5 since I never even touched 1gb in a month as when Im home Im on WIFI which is faster anyways (12mb down Comcast)
    06-03-10 01:46 PM
    Yea its funny a lot of people were like haha iPhone users are going to suffer and what not, but most iPhone users are well within these limits of data usage. I'm personally happy because im saving some money now.
    Yeah the majority of people are under well under these new limits. I would have liked to save the couple bucks per month but my wife streams radio all day at work and it's the first they she does in the morning. Turn on iHeart radio on her iPod dock. She breaks 2GB easily. Carriers should have family data plans. For instance between the lines you all get 5 GB of usage for 50 bucks. Something like that. For now, I have to stick with the unlimited plan.
    06-03-10 02:51 PM
    I would guess not too long since the data abusers will just grandfather in now. I assume within a year itll be gone totally, by the next iphone in 2011 you wont be able to grandfather in anymore.

And I agree with Brandon, BB users etc laughed about iphone users sucking data, but most really dont. BB users can suck data too if done right. Its only the top 1 or 2% of people really using almost 1/2 the data. Everyone else is well within the means, but its that small % of people who ruin it for everyone else now. Personally Im perfectly 100% ok with saving $5 since I never even touched 1gb in a month as when Im home Im on WIFI which is faster anyways (12mb down Comcast)
    With my BB i'm around 150 to 200 megs a month.
    I wonder what my usage would be with an iPhone?
    I plan on getting my BB serviced and they say it could take up to 3 weeks so maybe I'll take an iPhone loaner and compare. Would be interesting.

On a side note I think smartphone users will be only increasing their data usage in the coming years.
    06-03-10 05:47 PM
    I'm sticking with unlimited. I'm only around wifi at work and the signal isnt all that great in a bag of chips. No chance of wifi at home (living in BFE sucks sometimes) guess if they make me and I go over once I'll just start using a dumb phone. Which is really going to make work suck even more.
    06-04-10 12:26 AM
    With my BB i'm around 150 to 200 megs a month.
    I wonder what my usage would be with an iPhone?
    I plan on getting my BB serviced and they say it could take up to 3 weeks so maybe I'll take an iPhone loaner and compare. Would be interesting.
    Probably a LOT more, since you'll actually want to use your phone's browser.
    06-04-10 01:45 AM
    Probably a LOT more, since you'll actually want to use your phone's browser.
    Yeah that's what i was thinking. I have an iPod touch at home and surf on it occasionally but after awhile it gets hard on the eyes. I find the screen simply too small. The iPad is looking good for me so I think I'll go that route.

With multitasking and combined multiple mailboxes, I'll take a serious look at the 4G iPhone when its time to upgrade.
    06-04-10 05:40 AM
    Wait, so unlimited data is still going to be an option for new contracts? Or only if you already have unlimited? Signing a new contract you wont have the option of unlimited right? Max of 2gb?
    06-04-10 10:33 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD