Previously, there wasn't any trouble when having a blackberry data plan on your line but using an iPhone. Just would lose visual voicemail. Now it seems that the iPhone data won't work with a blackberry plan anymore. Is anyone else experiencing any issues?
    08-25-09 12:08 PM
    Yes this is now a issue for everybody but there is a fix for this. I have seen it on CB and I did a little search and did not find it. If you have more time, do a search and you probably can find the thread with the fix.

**edit** I found the thread http://forums.crackberry.com/f99/how...a-plan-253736/ Just look at post #4 of this thread for the instructions
    08-25-09 01:03 PM
    Ok thanks. I will check it out. I haven't used the Bold since 3.0 so I haven't been paying attention about the data plan problems.
    08-25-09 01:40 PM
    with visual voicemail being available for the bold, by adding the feature to your att account you can get vvm on your iphone with a bb data plan now.
    08-25-09 10:25 PM
    is this cheaper? what are the benefits to this?
    08-26-09 12:05 AM
    is this cheaper? what are the benefits to this?
    No it's not cheaper. It's just a way to use the data services by both devices without having to call and have your data plan switched. Blackberry data doesn't work unless you have a blackberry data plan, but iPhones can work on a blackberry data plan. So for those of us using both would most likely prefer having a blackberry data plan on our account so if we switched the SIM there wouldn't be any issues. But if you have an iPhone data plan on your account, and you put your SIM in the blackberry the data won't work.

I just noticed more recently that you have to some changes in order for it to work. It seems with the release of 3.0, iPhone's data no longer work on a blackberry data plan unless you follow the steps in the link above. I haven't used my blackberry since 3.0 so I didn't know until the other day.
    08-26-09 10:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD