My contract is up with Verizon and I currently have a BB9650. I'm seriously considering an iphone but i'm concerned with the 2 way sync of Outlook 2010. I really need my contacts, calendar to sync both ways. I make alot of calendar changes at home in the evenings so I need that 2 way sync. BB Manager does it well thru my usb. What do you use for a good 2 way sync and does it work well. I hear itunes or icloud would work. Any feed back would be appreciated. I'm not a real tech guy.
    01-02-12 08:49 AM
    Yes you set your itunes to sync with outook and it will work, i usually sync mine once a month
    01-02-12 09:01 AM
    I use Outlook and have no problems. It took a little while for me to get use to Itunes but now it is a piece of cake.
    01-02-12 11:48 AM
    It's really easy to set up and once it is they usually work in perfect harmony. The only issue I have have with my iPhone and outlook was the issue of syncing tasks. Never found out how to do that. I don't use iCloud so every night when I'm on the computer I just sync it ands all of my outlook changes are there on my phone.
    01-13-12 09:28 PM
    The synch is awesome!

I just left BB because my new job didn't support BES - the iPhone has an Exchange option when you set up your Email - best move I could have made, you'll love it!
    01-28-12 03:17 PM
    I never had a BES account - however, when I got my iPhone4s, all I did was set up my email like you do on BlackBerry and it syncs two way wirelessly. I was shocked.

Two things - 1.) Can't sync tasks (I don't use them anyways) 2.) when I accept an appointment from my phone it never "stays" in my calendar.

Pretty good to me. Never use a wire again.
    01-28-12 09:47 PM
    I never had a BES account - however, when I got my iPhone4s, all I did was set up my email like you do on BlackBerry and it syncs two way wirelessly. I was shocked.

Two things - 1.) Can't sync tasks (I don't use them anyways) 2.) when I accept an appointment from my phone it never "stays" in my calendar.

Pretty good to me. Never use a wire again.
    I just started using Reminders as a sub for Tasks.
    It syncs with iCloud so you have access to it from anyway. (I access it from my Windows XP). Do have a few bugs in it. but go for now.

Good Luck
    01-28-12 11:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD