Pros? Cons? Think it's worth it? Also nice, 5th pair of premium BB earphones broken.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-10 03:17 AM
    Depends how you like the feel of the iPhone. I switched from the Storm 2 to the iPhone 3gs and I have no deal-breaking complaints.

Cons:
    No LED
    No email alert on the homescreen (this can overcome with jailbreaking)
    No multitasking - BUT with push notifications you can be informed immediately, and stay online on instant messengers - so it's like being able to multitask without wasting battery/processor power.
    Battery is worse - but mine is my ipod as well (plug in through USB, so it's always getting charged)

Pros:
    Feels faster
    More compatibility (with mac/pioneer receivers/other accessories)
    More applications (although the 'usable' ones for BB/iPhone aren't too dissimilar in terms of amount)

Hm they'll be more cons because I'm noticing them as I use them, but already I don't miss the LED, and the non-multitasking, but 'multi-alert' works for me.. I won't be leaving the iPhone for some time, that's for sure.
    03-31-10 07:29 AM
    Depends how you like the feel of the iPhone. I switched from the Storm 2 to the iPhone 3gs and I have no deal-breaking complaints.

Cons:
    No LED
    No multitasking - BUT with push notifications you can be informed immediately, and stay online on instant messengers - so it's like being able to multitask without wasting battery/processor power.
    Battery is worse - but mine is my ipod as well (plug in through USB, so it's always getting charged)

Pros:
    Feels faster
    More applications (although the 'usable' ones for BB/iPhone aren't too dissimilar in terms of amount)

Hm they'll be more cons because I'm noticing them as I use them, but already I don't miss the LED, and the non-multitasking, but 'multi-alert' works for me.. I won't be leaving the iPhone for some time, that's for sure.
    Thanks for that.
    03-31-10 11:47 AM

Cons:
    No LED

Pros:
    Feels faster

agreed on all accounts. I would add.

cons:
    >No camera flash
    >No removable media storage (although itunes is growing on me)
    >Battery life again but wanted to add (and I know I will be bashed for saying this) if you turn off 3g when you dont need it then your battery will last double or triple the amount of time.
    >My iphone will not stream music to my car stereo like my storm and 8900 did. Probably just compatibility but my storm did sound better over the car stereo than my iphone does. I still keep the storm in the truck just as a media player.

Pros
    >No battery pulls, woohoo!
    >Typing is so much smoother on the iphone.
    >Browser experience is worlds different. (there are pages that my storm still cant load even with opera mini that my iphone has no problem with)
    >Apps: and no I dont mean the selection I just mean how much smoother apps run on the iphone vs the storm.
    >Accessories
    03-31-10 12:49 PM
    I use an iPhone as my personal phone and a BB as my 'work' and 'communications' device.
    The reason is I find the push notifications on the iPhone are very unreliable. So for emails, Instant Messages etc, the BB is far better. However, the iPhone is also my iPod, GPS, Memo pad etc so I'm sure you will really enjoy using it.
    03-31-10 03:55 PM
    Thanks for that guys, I was looking to use my iPhone as an everyday phone since I can't be bothered to be carrying two around with me. It's either that or buy an iPod Touch (at least 32GB). Is the battery power really that bad? I mean I can't last 4 hours on my Storm 2 under moderate use without charging at the same time.
    04-07-10 03:16 AM
    So iPhone HD is a new OS right? I'm still wondering if Apple will release a new touch or phone too. I will rage if I were to buy an iphone 3Gs or 32/64GB touch and something new comes out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-10 06:02 AM
    Cons:
    No LED
    on the led, nope, and i agree should have something.
    no email alert on homescreen i'm confused as to why you say. if you get an email, there will be a red number badge showing how many emails you have not read on the mail icon.
    no multitasking, this will be fixed in the summer with os 4.0
    my battery on my 3gs is just a little bit worse than my bold 9000 was. depends on how much i play with the phone. i average 4-5 hours of use and 13-15 hours of standby before i need a charge.
    04-14-10 05:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD