How fast you all get emails delivered to your device?

Is it true Verizon will be somewhat slower than AT&T?

Should I get 16GB or 32GB? I have no digital music collection yet, but hope to build one & download podcasts, etc. I will have a lot of emails & calendar on the device, no video, some games.

Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-11 08:28 PM
    1-Yahoo is instant push and Gmail on exchange is also instant
    2-That depends on your area but AT&T is supposed to have better3G speeds
    3-From personal experience never sell yourself short, if you can afford it, get the 32GB model, many get what they can afford at the time to later regret not getting the device with more storage. Music, videos, apps and pictures all add up and as soon as you know it you'll be out storage space. Good luck.
    Johnly likes this.
    01-31-11 09:08 PM
    Not as fast as a BB, but fast enough.

Technically, AT&T's 3G network has a faster top speed, but you will probably get more consistent speeds with VZW overall. Sometimes being the fastest doesn't necessarily get you to the finish line first. The main advantage to AT&T is simultaneous voice and data, but most people probably don't need/use that ability. Call quality is better on VZW in my experience.

I'd get the 32 since the iPhone doesn't have expandable memory. But I have a lot of music and movies.

If you're not in a big hurry, I would recommend you wait and see how things go with the VZW iPhone. Hopefully it was well tested, but you never know. I'm not jumping on it until I see if things are all happy and stuff...lol!
    02-01-11 01:02 AM
    I'd go with 32. I have 64 with my iPod Touch and with all of my music and apps I am at roughly 22-24 used at any given time. If I wanted all of my music, apps and movies I'd be over the 32 easily.

I've been waiting for the iPhone to come to Verizon for over a year. As soon as it is released I will have one. When I do, it will be the 32 version.

Good luck on your decision.
    02-01-11 09:24 AM
    Is Yahoo really push, or is it push/pull? Do you have to select Push in settings for the mail, or is it setup properly just from using the Add Account/Yahoo option?

And does the push only work if you are on the carrier network and NOT on a wifi network?

[fact-finding for my wife's VZW iPhone to be]
    Last edited by jlb21; 02-01-11 at 10:07 AM.
    02-01-11 10:02 AM
    Is Yahoo really push, or is it push/pull? Do you have to select Push in settings for the mail, or is it setup properly just from using the Add Account/Yahoo option?

And does the push only work if you are on the carrier network and NOT on a wifi network?

[fact-finding for my wife's VZW iPhone to be]
    Supported push mail accounts on iPhone and iPod touch

"Push" mail setup (Activesync or other names known on the phone as Exchange)

for google email users:
    Set Up Your Apple Device for Google Sync : Mail, Calendar, & Contacts - Google Mobile Help

for hotmail users:
    Set Up Hotmail on iPhone With push email, calendar, and contacts with Exchange ActiveSync | iPhone-Hacks.com
    Last edited by Shodan775; 02-01-11 at 10:28 AM.
    02-01-11 10:18 AM
    Oh I have seen that support article, which is sort of what I had in mind when I posted. I am concerned...if that's the right word... that lately I have seen some issues folks have had with Yahoo push since the time of that article, September of 2009.

But either way, this is going to be a great device for my wife. And, as I have heard, if Yahoo messenger is push without having to have the app open, then we are going to be very set in our household.

Thanks for the info!!
    02-01-11 10:27 AM
    Oh I have seen that support article, which is sort of what I had in mind when I posted. I am concerned...if that's the right word... that lately I have seen some issues folks have had with Yahoo push since the time of that article, September of 2009.
    Trust me, it didn't get downgraded from push since 2009.
    02-01-11 10:33 AM
    Allrighty then.
    02-01-11 10:44 AM
    it has been a while since i have visited crackberry.com, i upgraded my old 8330 back in march to an 8530, and am now told my annual upgrade does not count, which would mean i would have to wait untill november. my mother is eligible for an upgrade, if she were to order the iPhone4, not activate it, and give it to me, would that work where i get the warranty and she does not get penalized for not activating the device? i have been set on an iPhone since the release of the 3gs but did not want to switch to at&t.... if anyone could help i would REALLY appreciate it!! thank you in advance...
    02-03-11 09:11 PM
    I've ordered the iPhone 4 (Did at 0305 Thursday morning), and just got my shipping notification. It will be here Monday afternoon

I've used Blackberry for years, and dealt with their slow @ss browser, rebooting, bad build quality.... I could go on and on...

WAKE UP BLACKBERRY! You're losing your customers left and right (except for those in Asia). You've just lost another one!

I'll be putting my 9650 and my Storm2 on eBay this coming week.....
    02-04-11 10:36 AM
    Came from a BB Storm 2.

1- Using Gmail and MobileME, email delivery was just as fast as BB on my Storm 2. Tested several times and was received on my iPhone prior to my BB by both.
    2- In my area, AT&T data network was faster. Verizon was significantly slower. This was the only reason I switched to AT&T from VzW. Haven't regretted the switch yet.
    3 - Have not regretted th 16gB yet. Have my music (4gB) and apps and usually 1 movie (either rented or bought) on it.
    02-04-11 03:02 PM
    Good bye Blackberry.... It was good for a while, then syncing became a real problem, duplicate contacts, etc.
    My iPad? never had issues like that.
    My Verizon iPhone should be here Feb 7 monday.
    No more BB for me... or my wife....
    02-04-11 06:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD