For those of you who swap SIMs between a BlackBerry and an iPhone on a regular basis, do you change your plan each time, or just stick to one plan?

I use my iPhone as my primary phone, but picked up a cheap Curve 8310 as a backup phone. I figure to get the most out of both devices without switching between plans constantly, would be to be on the BlackBerry plan. I see some of you on AT&T do switch between devices, so I'm just wondering what you found to be the best solution.
    06-17-09 10:51 AM
    Stay on the bb plan, but att sent me txt and emails saying i had the wrong data plan and they had the right to change it to the corre t iphone plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-09 12:43 PM
    It looks like as of today BB sims no longer work in the iphone. Try putting you bb sim in and access google etc.
    06-18-09 01:37 PM
    It looks like as of today BB sims no longer work in the iphone. Try putting you bb sim in and access google etc.
    Anyone confirm this? I left my iPhone at home...

EDIT: I also wonder if Jailebreaking will fix this if it is the case... I suppose I need to wait on the Dev-Team to find out.
    Last edited by sandos; 06-18-09 at 03:48 PM.
    06-18-09 03:10 PM
    It should work. Also we have a new process... call at&t and inform them (hopefully you get a knowledgeable rep). They are suppose to enter a code into the system that knows you are sim swapping. They will then provision you with the BB data plan.
    06-18-09 10:24 PM
    Thanks for the help guys. I ended up finding a way to get the iPhone data to work on my BlackBerry for the weekend. I will try calling AT&T to see if I can get my plan provisioned for both. Here's a link to the site that explains how to use data on a BlackBerry without a BB plan.

English ‎(BlackBerry Without BIS)‎
    06-23-09 10:35 AM
    Why not use the BB data plan and all you'd lose is visual vm?
    06-23-09 10:42 AM
    I probably will end up switching to that. I use the iPhone more, so was thinking it would be best to stay with that. Since all I'll lose is Visual Voicemail, I can live that.
    06-23-09 11:38 AM
    It should work. Also we have a new process... call at&t and inform them (hopefully you get a knowledgeable rep). They are suppose to enter a code into the system that knows you are sim swapping. They will then provision you with the BB data plan.
    Duvi... Whats the deal with this now? Last time I mentioned this to someone at AT&T (which was about a month ago) they acted like I spit in their face. The mere mention of having a BlackBerry and an iPhone seemed to have them pressing alarm buttons. Has something been changed? Anything specific to mention? I'm assuming that because you said "we have a new process," that you work for AT&T... Thanks.
    06-23-09 04:37 PM
    iphone does not have a sim
    06-23-09 05:56 PM
    You just tape the bb sim to the back of the phone housing on top of the apple logo, it automatically reads it.
    06-23-09 06:16 PM

:slack-jawed: Say what now? Do what now? Where's who now? Basically... what do you mean?
    06-23-09 07:32 PM
    i'm gonna leave this one alone.
    06-23-09 07:39 PM

err yes it does....

you stick a pin in the top of the phone and out it pops..

comon man
    06-23-09 07:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD