Let's have them folks help the BB folks that are moving to the "dark" side out.

First adjustment no keyboard. It should take the average user about 2 weeks to get the hang of the Virtual keyboard. Don't get frustrated your muscle memory has to re-learn.

iTunes with the new iOS5 you will be able to sync wirelessly.
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-11-11 07:54 AM
    I'm making the switch - any tips would be appreciated!
    10-11-11 08:30 AM
    Another tip/trick....

With iOS5 notifications. Notifications can be set individually by application.

Example Mail can be set to display a banner or an alert.
    While Messages can be a banner only.
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-11-11 09:32 AM
    How to:

Move contacts from Blackberry to iphone?
    Move calendar?

Any suggestions?
    10-11-11 09:36 AM
    Chrisy is your calendar by chance gmail?
    10-11-11 09:45 AM
    Moving contacts and Calendars from BB to iPhone.

Windows:
    sync your BB with outlook.
    then set iTunes to sync with outlook then sync Iphone.

Mac:
    Sync your BB with Address Book and iCal.
    Itunes Sync with Address book and iCal.

Gmail users sync everything with GMAIL on BB

iPhone set gmail account as exchange account for Contacts, Calendars and Mail.
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 10-11-11 at 10:07 AM.
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-11-11 09:49 AM
    Good tip AP, gmail is the easiest quickest way I've found.
    VIDGMER likes this.
    10-11-11 10:53 AM
    Feel free to add pilsbury....I know you have some tips and tricks to help out
    10-11-11 10:59 AM
    10-11-11 11:21 AM
    I guess I'm old school, I was just going to write down all my contacts (or type them up in word) and then put them in manually into my iPhone4S. Lol.

Last night I downloaded iTunes to my laptop and moved over all my music from my BlackBerry as well as a few CDs. I'm rrrready!
    10-11-11 12:35 PM
    Not sure what else I can add in the way of tricks. But since the OP is coming from a Berry, you will need a good password keeper. Some are free some are paid, I use Lockbox, it has a four digit access password and is simple to use and quite effective, though unencrypted.
    10-11-11 12:40 PM
    Pilsbury how dare you say I am coming from a Berry......
    Just trying to add for all the newcomers.......
    LOL
    10-11-11 01:10 PM
    Not sure what else I can add in the way of tricks. But since the OP is coming from a Berry, you will need a good password keeper. Some are free some are paid, I use Lockbox, it has a four digit access password and is simple to use and quite effective, though unencrypted.
    Thanks for the tip on LockBox. I use the BlackBerry Wallet and Password Keeper right now so I'll definitely need something similar to store passwords and stuff.
    10-11-11 01:26 PM
    Another option for a password app is My Eyes OnlyApp Store - My Eyes Only
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-11-11 01:34 PM
    Pilsbury how dare you say I am coming from a Berry......
    Just trying to add for all the newcomers.......
    LOL
    LOL. My bad AP. That was meant for moiselles, she got it. I'm Glenn, BTW.
    10-11-11 02:22 PM
    Ok Glenn.....no harm no foul.....

-Scott
    10-11-11 02:23 PM
    LOL. My bad AP. That was meant for moiselles, she got it. I'm Glenn, BTW.
    I am a former 3GS owner, so I kinda know what I'm getting myself into. But am very excited for iOS5 and the new features!
    10-11-11 02:31 PM
    I am a former 3GS owner, so I kinda know what I'm getting myself into. But am very excited for iOS5 and the new features!
    I had a 3Gs before I got the i4 in Sept 2010. Going from a third generation to the i4 was an eye opener. You're in for a real treat! As was posted today, the 4S is one of the fastest devices on the market, that, coupled with the digital quality camera and revamped notification system will make it a phenomenal upgrade IMO.
    Chrisy and moiselles like this.
    10-11-11 04:24 PM
    How quick is email compared to BB?
    10-13-11 09:50 AM
    I'm tempted to make the switch. I'm running a 9700 right now and thinking of upgrading to the 9860 once ATT releases it, but am seriously considering the 4S...

I have soooo many questions though...
    10-13-11 05:13 PM
    How quick is email compared to BB?
    Delivery is sometimes faster, sometimes slower and occasionally exactly the same speed. The big difference is the 2 way syncing of read flags and deletes. If you read or delete an email on a device other than your BB, it takes forever for the change to be reflected on the BB. Not so with the iPhone/iPad.
    10-13-11 09:54 PM
    I'm tempted to make the switch. I'm running a 9700 right now and thinking of upgrading to the 9860 once ATT releases it, but am seriously considering the 4S...

I have soooo many questions though...
    Unless you are getting a 9900, there is really no good reason to pick a BB over an iPhone.
    10-13-11 09:55 PM
    Moving contacts and Calendars from BB to iPhone.

Windows:
    sync your BB with outlook.
    then set iTunes to sync with outlook then sync Iphone.

Mac:
    Sync your BB with Address Book and iCal.
    Itunes Sync with Address book and iCal.

Gmail users sync everything with GMAIL on BB

iPhone set gmail account as exchange account for Contacts, Calendars and Mail.
    Mac users can use iCloud instead of iTunes for the sync.
    10-13-11 09:57 PM
    Tips while driving. Let siri do all the texting and calling, no more distracted drivers who wait forever at a green light before they realize its green because they were texting

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-11 11:12 PM
    Can anyone confirm with ios5 on iphone4s if there is a way to do facetime on 3g?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-11 11:26 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD