If Verizon gets the iPhone, I'm seriously thinking about switching over from my BB Storm2. I played with the iPhone over the weekend for the first time at the apple store. Kinda awkward at first, but I'm sure I'll get used to it after a while. Typing on it was the most difficult for me.

One thing I love about my Storm2 is the "SureType" keyboard option in portrait mode. Does the iPhone have an available "SureType" keyboard (either native or 3rd party app) ??

Thanks
    08-11-10 04:57 PM
    I don't believe they have that type of alternative keyboard available for iPhone.

The key to typing on the iPhone is letting the auto-correct work for you. I find I type at least as fast I used to on my BB, I might be faster, but can't be sure since it's been almost 2 years since I've used a physical keyboard. It did take a bit of getting used to, but after about a week, maybe 10 days, I was typing about as fast on iPhone as I did on BB. People are different though, and it might not be the same for you.
    08-11-10 05:26 PM
    Thanks for the quick response Roo. I've never used a "Keyboard" blackberry. I started on a Storm and now on a Storm2, so I prefer a "touch" screen. I'm sure I can get used to the iPhone keyboard. Hoping it comes to Verizon otherwise I'll most likely stick with BB (Storm3 or whatever becomes available)
    08-11-10 05:32 PM
    The iPhone keyboard is one of the best in business to me. It is really responsive and can keep up as fast as you can type. After you become accustomed to it, it is surprisingly a lot better than a physical keyboard.
    08-13-10 05:44 PM
    Yeah, as long as Verizon gets the iPhone, I think I'm switching. I'll stay on BB if VZW doesn't get it (keeping my fingers crossed!!)
    08-13-10 08:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD